Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

scapa

Reaction score
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...onservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html

s

thread #1: CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thread #2: ACTIVE SEARCH Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

New thread:
1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
2) post within TOS
3) do NOT copy and paste comments
4) post with responsibility and respect for one another

LM was previously convicted for identity theft and multiple counts of fraud. No need for a "sugar daddy" or monied producer of snuff films here. Occam's Razor: The way he's been caught stealing money before is probably how he has money now, seeing as his crimes have escalated.

New thread:
1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
2) post within TOS
3) do NOT copy and paste comments
4) post with responsibility and respect for one another

Question, about point #1: if somebody is suspicious of another poster for any reason, they should alert a mod instead of publicly sleuthing and accusing the poster, correct?

im not sure how to post quotes from another thread, still new here.. someone mentioned pics of him on an air-tram and possibly near grouse.. i havent seen the pictures, just link them and ill do my best to ID them, i know the lower mainland pretty well.. and also funny you mention Hope, BC. as i was there today(im there often as its the last small town on the #1 before the highway splits into three routes, ands its close to where i gold pan) its a rather small town.. and he would stick out like soy sauce on rice.. also always tends to be swarming with LE..

OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!!

I'm sorry, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.

Rest in Peace Jun "Justin" Lin

600_lin_justin_120601_430241.jpg

From the CBC: Victim in body-parts case remembered by Montreal friends

Former classmate Zoya de Frias Lakhany said she only learned that Lin was linked to the grisly case on Friday when police identified him publicly.

'He just wanted to be a member of society, of the country.'—Dahai Fu, victim's friend

A day later, she said she was still in shock.

She described Lin as a nice guy who helped her with her studies when they were in the same class last September.

Concordia University president Frederick Lowy issued a statement on Friday, expressing his condolences to Lin's family and friends. The school said it is offering counselling to staff, faculty and students.

Dahai Fu, a friend who has known Lin for two years, described him as a gentle person who was committed to his studies.

"He worked hard," he said. "He just wanted to, you know, he just wanted to be a member of society, of the country."

Lin had no family in Canada, a fact which police said complicated the identification of the body.

<modsnip>

Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.

OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!!

I'm sorry, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.

Threads are often closed when there are over 30 pages ...

It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.

if it was craigslist, then it would most certainly matter.. he was trolling CL before hand as reported so its a real possibility.. maybe he used it in other cities? other victims or future victims victims..

Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.

Did they even view it before the brushed it off? Or did they just assume it was fake? Have they said?

It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.

Interestingly, I believe the opposite. It doesn't matter that he was gay. What matters is how they met. Because it's possible that Luka is going to try again and may try to meet a victim in the same manner.

I've been wondering if the video was actually two or more videos spliced together. Keep in mind I have not watched it so can only form an opinion based on others' descriptions. I keep seeing different descriptions of the sheet colour (pink to black is a pretty vast difference on the scale) among other things.

So, are people seeing different videos or different edited versions? Did Luka release mutiple ones? Did he edit together previous 'sex' videos with after scenes of the mutilation? I think it's possible he did and that he did it with the purpose of confusing people.

JMO.

It may matter that the victim is gay, but I think it is irrelevant that the idiot that killed him is gay.

The only thing that makes the victim's sexual preferences relevant, in my opinion, is because I think it is possible that Eric Newman (since that is his birth name, I shall refer to him as such from now on) targets gay men, and transsexuals. In his online ramblings, I have noticed that on occasion, he will say something hateful towards homosexuals and transsexuals (forget where I read this, so I can't link... WAY too many postings/ramblings from this piece of <snip> to keep track of). Also, he seems to hate himself and go out of his way for attention and praise. And he never gets it. This likely angers him, and he will target the people he feels wronged him by not giving him the love and attention he (thinks he) deserves.

JMO

:moo: :twocents: :moo:

Otto: I appreciate your passion and perspectives; glad you are part of our effort to sleuth this monster and hopefully assist in leading to his capture.

That being said, I think it is important that we move forward with the idea that it is a fact that the horrific video is genuine. Unless it is debunked by authorities or expert testimony, the video is real.

Our goal is to assist in bringing Luka Rocco Magnotta to justice and speculation about the authenticity of the video does not help us achieve that goal, therefore I propose we end discussion of the authenticity of the video.

Question, about point #1: if somebody is suspicious of another poster for any reason, they should alert a mod instead of publicly sleuthing and accusing the poster, correct?

Yes, BorgQueen, contact a mod. Do NOT post about it on the threads.

And thank you for asking. :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members