1301 users online (204 members and 1097 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Richard Dawson (Family Feud) Dies At 79

Richard Dawson, the British actor and comedian best known for kissing every female contestant he could get his hands on in the television game show "Family Feud," has died his son said Sunday

http://todayentertainment.today.msnb...ies-at-79?lite

Wasn't he also on Hogan's Heroes?

There was a rumor going around years ago that he committed suicide. Come to find out, it was another Family Feud host, not Richard.

I always like Richard on the show. But now with all the crime against women and children going on, I doubt a host would ask all the contestants to kiss him anymore!

Rest in peace, Richard!

Dawson played Cpl. Peter Newkirk on "Hogan's Heroes."

Aww so sad. He was the host when my brother, SIL and her sisters went on Family Feud. We watch the recorded tape all the time (to laugh at my bro). Rest in Peace, Richard..
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Another one gone. I loved watching the show when he hosted. Really lost interest after he stopped hosting. He added to the humor of the show.

Sleep peacefully Richard.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

There was a rumor going around years ago that he committed suicide. Come to find out, it was another Family Feud host, not Richard.

I always like Richard on the show. But now with all the crime against women and children going on, I doubt a host would ask all the contestants to kiss him anymore!

Rest in peace, Richard!
    There was a whole lot of strange stuff that went on with the Hogan's Heroes crew. I did love that show though!
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Another one gone. I loved watching the show when he hosted. Really lost interest after he stopped hosting. He added to the humor of the show.

Sleep peacefully Richard.
    Sorry to hear of his death, sure wasn't the same Cubby.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Have fond memories of watching Richard on Family Feud. I liked his friendly manner with the contestants and his sense of humor. May he rest in peace.
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

It's funny, my daughter has been watching old Family Feud's lately and I mentioned that the best host of all times had been Richard Dawson and then today I hear that he passed away. RIP Richard.
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlxP-9_GJA&feature=related"]Family Feud- funny answers - YouTube[/ame]
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

Rest in peace, Richard!
    ----------
    I am so sorry to hear of Richards death. I always liked him. I also liked Richard Karns on the Feud. Richard Coombs is the one who committed suicide, he left a wife and four children...Richard D. you will be missed.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

I loved Richard Dawson when he was part of the Match Game panel also. He used to crack me up with some of his answers.

RIP Richard
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    I loved him on Family Feud too - he will be missed. I never knew he was British. He doesn't have a very strong accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    ----------
    I am so sorry to hear of Richards death. I always liked him. I also liked Richard Karns on the Feud. Richard Coombs is the one who committed suicide, he left a wife and four children...Richard D. you will be missed.
    ----------
    Hi, in the midst of insomnia I remembered Ray Coombs was the name of the host who committed suicide.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

If you didn't adore Richard, you must be nuts!!!

What a lovely, lovely smashing man.

You left us with much joy and laughter Richard.

Much love to your family and please, RIP.

I loved you on game shows and you were wonderful on Hogans H.

Thanks for the times I had as a kid with you.
    You were a star in your time.

See you up in the heavens

goz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast