Richard Dawson (Family Feud) Dies At 79

Wasn't he also on Hogan's Heroes?

There was a rumor going around years ago that he committed suicide. Come to find out, it was another Family Feud host, not Richard.

I always like Richard on the show. But now with all the crime against women and children going on, I doubt a host would ask all the contestants to kiss him anymore!

:rose: Rest in peace, Richard! :rose:

Dawson played Cpl. Peter Newkirk on "Hogan's Heroes."

Aww so sad. He was the host when my brother, SIL and her sisters went on Family Feud. We watch the recorded tape all the time (to laugh at my bro). Rest in Peace, Richard..

Another one gone. I loved watching the show when he hosted. Really lost interest after he stopped hosting. He added to the humor of the show.

Sleep peacefully Richard.

There was a rumor going around years ago that he committed suicide. Come to find out, it was another Family Feud host, not Richard.

I always like Richard on the show. But now with all the crime against women and children going on, I doubt a host would ask all the contestants to kiss him anymore!

There was a whole lot of strange stuff that went on with the Hogan's Heroes crew. I did love that show though!

Another one gone. I loved watching the show when he hosted. Really lost interest after he stopped hosting. He added to the humor of the show.

Sleep peacefully Richard.

Sorry to hear of his death, sure wasn't the same Cubby.

Have fond memories of watching Richard on Family Feud. I liked his friendly manner with the contestants and his sense of humor. May he rest in peace.

It's funny, my daughter has been watching old Family Feud's lately and I mentioned that the best host of all times had been Richard Dawson and then today I hear that he passed away. RIP Richard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlxP-9_GJA&feature=related"]Family Feud- funny answers - YouTube[/ame]

----------
I am so sorry to hear of Richards death. I always liked him. I also liked Richard Karns on the Feud. Richard Coombs is the one who committed suicide, he left a wife and four children...Richard D. you will be missed:please:.

I loved Richard Dawson when he was part of the Match Game panel also. He used to crack me up with some of his answers.

RIP Richard

I loved him on Family Feud too - he will be missed. I never knew he was British. He doesn't have a very strong accent.

----------
I am so sorry to hear of Richards death. I always liked him. I also liked Richard Karns on the Feud. Richard Coombs is the one who committed suicide, he left a wife and four children...Richard D. you will be missed:please:.

----------
Hi, in the midst of insomnia I remembered Ray Coombs was the name of the host who committed suicide.:seeya:

If you didn't adore Richard, you must be nuts!!!

What a lovely, lovely smashing man.

You left us with much joy and laughter Richard.

Much love to your family and please, RIP.

I loved you on game shows and you were wonderful on Hogans H.

Thanks for the times I had as a kid with you.
You were a star in your time.

See you up in the heavens

goz :)

I was surprised to learn that Richard met his last wife on his show as a contestant! He later married her and had a daughter with her. The daughter was doing interviews last night.

Richard left Family Feud in 1985 and returned in 1991. Upon his return he gave up kissing contestants due to a promise to his wife, the former contestant.

Richard was a charming man and Family Feud brings up such good memories of my childhood.

His daugher said last night that they told her dad he was improving and would be going home soon, as to not distress him over his critical condition. So he died in peace.

Here's a link of the first time Richard met his future wife on the show.
http://www.zimbio.com/Richard+Dawso.../Richard+Dawson+Wife+Gretchen+Johnson+Picture

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back