Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1333

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Unscripted View Post
    She did speak to a friend at 1:30am before leaving BW's and the friend said the rest of the gang was at Mel's Diner (on Johnston) where Mickey had wanted to nosh earlier in the evening before she went with BW to the TB drive-thru. Since Mel's is open 24 hours and the friends would have likely been there for a time it's quite possible she would have headed in that direction home along Johnston and dropped by for a few minutes en route if she'd made it that far.

There are possibly other images of Mickey and the phantom WT out there that aren't being released because they are blurry or LE wishes to keep certain information from the public in the interest of solving the case. Early in the investigation LPD Chief Craft said there was a video of a bicyclist from inside a structure between 1:30am and 3:30am but that it couldn't be determined that it was Mickey. And Cpl. Mouton said that Mickey's last sighting was OFF St. Landry -- whether that could mean off or on in local parlance is a matter of debate. It's quite possible that she was on the security video from 215 and 224 St. Landry Street and that those captures are not being released.

It's seems we'll have to wait for another press conference and hope that some clues or evidence come from the processing of the bicycle.

I didn't know that about a cyclist seen inside a structure! I guess that's why they asked for video up until 3:30. What structure could a cyclist be inside besides the parking garage?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    Driver looks - for lack of a better word - beefy. Stocky, bulky, what have you.
    Mr. Noatak did a great job enhancing the picture! Thanks for mentioning the driver JurysOut! I was so sleepy when he posted the picture I hadn't even noticed how well you could even see the driver.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8007076&postcount=1194"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #20[/ame]
    Last edited by mahmoo; 06-04-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Add link to Mr. Noatak's enhanced picture
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Artis View Post
    I didn't know that about a cyclist seen inside a structure! I guess that's why they asked for video up until 3:30. What structure could a cyclist be inside besides the parking garage?
    IMO they mean the camera was inside the structure.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    Mr. Noatak did a great job enhancing the picture! Thanks for mentioning the driver JurysOut! I was so sleepy when he posted the picture I hadn't even noticed how well you could even see the driver.
    Could someone re-post the pic your talking about or give a link. I missed it somehow and would love to see it.

Thanks!
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”~Albert Einstein

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimejunkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crimejunkie View Post
    Does anyone have a link regarding BW passing the poly? I haven't seen anything yet about that or about him officially being ruled out. I'd like to fully rule him out in my mind, but I still have some things I haven't been able to move past and was waiting to see something "official" regarding that.

I know a lot of you have already ruled him out and disagree with the idea that he was involved in anyway. However, best friend or not, he is a part of this case. I think it's normal for some of us to question some things, as you always need to start with the inner circle and also the last person she was "seen" with. I am not saying that he did anything and based on what we know it's probably not very likely that he is involved, but I still have some things that bother me about him and want to move past it. So, any links would be greatly appreciated!
    I have to agree with you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    IMO they mean the camera was inside the structure.
    I agree. It has to be the parking garage. One of the psychics at PCF asked if that garage had been gone over thoroughly with dogs. Any info stating that it was?

Could someone re-post the pic your talking about or give a link. I missed it somehow and would love to see it.

Thanks!
    Me too. I wish comments would include a link or pic for reference.
    I'm getting very confused.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BunnyHop For This Useful Post:

If it was a bump & grab, the perp had to have known where the cameras are or just be insanely lucky. Who services these cameras? Who at LGC handles the surveillance/security aspect? They're bound to know exactly where the next camera on the street is, dontcha think?
    Just luck, and not even that. Theres almost no cameras down St. Landry.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

I agree. It has to be the parking garage. One of the psychics at PCF asked if that garage had been gone over thoroughly with dogs. Any info stating that it was?
    nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by BunnyHop; 06-04-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I believe she may have been thinking about attending Tulane.
    <snip>
    What? Where do you get that BW is a guy with a crush? Every statement made by him or friends indicates that he and Mickey were just friends, and that's how he thought of her, as a friend.

I totally agree that BW has gone WAY out of his way to do everything he can to help find Mickey. To be interviewed for sixteen hours without a lawyer, to open his home, phone records, computer records and LIFE to LE and the general public....well, he's got my vote as the World's Best Best Friend.

I understand what you're saying. However, there have been many cases where the most involved, most devoted associate turns out to be the perpetrator.

Given that past history, it is not in any way unusual for people pondering Mickey's disappearance to keep her closest associates in the back of their mind until the case has reached its final conclusion.

I'm not saying BW is a target of anything here. I'm saying that given the lack of definitive statements from LE on practically everything, I'm not ruling out one single person or one single event.

Everything's on the table.

I am not sleuthing anyone, I'm not accusing anyone - but I'm not excusing anyone, either. I'm reading and going on instinct and statistical probability, the same as everyone else.

Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

I understand what you're saying. However, there have been many cases where the most involved, most devoted associate turns out to be the perpetrator.

Given that past history, it is not in any way unusual for people pondering Mickey's disappearance to keep her closest associates in the back of their mind until the case has reached its final conclusion.

I'm not saying BW is a target of anything here. I'm saying that given the lack of definitive statements from LE on practically everything, I'm not ruling out one single person or one single event.

I am not sleuthing anyone, I'm not accusing anyone - but I'm not excusing anyone, either. I'm reading and going on instinct and statistical probability, the same as everyone else.

Your absoloutely right!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Been there. I don't believe we're permitted to discuss PCF. Or any other forum.

I could be mistaken.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Thanks!
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8007076&postcount=1194"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #20[/ame]

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

I'm starting to wonder what kind of forensics they're doing that's taking this long.
    We don't know if the forensics have been completed or not.

Does anyone have a link regarding BW passing the poly? I haven't seen anything yet about that or about him officially being ruled out. I'd like to fully rule him out in my mind, but I still have some things I haven't been able to move past and was waiting to see something "official" regarding that.

I know a lot of you have already ruled him out and disagree with the idea that he was involved in anyway. However, best friend or not, he is a part of this case. I think it's normal for some of us to question some things, as you always need to start with the inner circle and also the last person she was "seen" with. I am not saying that he did anything and based on what we know it's probably not very likely that he is involved, but I still have some things that bother me about him and want to move past it. So, any links would be greatly appreciated!
    I didn't say he "passed" because that is not a phrase LE used. Here is the link: http://kpel965.com/latest-informatio...ick-continues/

Look for the update on May 24th at 2:30PM.

Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test.

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

We don't know if the forensics have been completed or not.

I didn't say he "passed" because that is not a phrase LE used. Here is the link: http://kpel965.com/latest-informatio...ick-continues/

Look for the update on May 24th at 2:30PM.

Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test.

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

Saying "there is so far no reason to believe..." is miles short of "cleared".

Have there been subsequent LE statements regarding BW or did they drop that info and let it lie there? I don't recall subsequent BW related LE statements, but I may be mistaken.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

I don't have a problem with people's suspicions, as long as they are based on FACT. When someone says Brettley had a crush on Mickey, well that is NOT fact. When it is suggested that his cell phone records have never been checked, that is just wrong. When someone says the text message came after the phone call, that is not what LE is saying. If an assumption is made that LE has no idea what the text message said, that's wrong.

We need to keep all the facts in mind. Brettley DID submit to a sixteen hour interview. He DID take a polygraph. He DID turn over his cell phone records and his computer to LE. Chief Craft has said there is NO REASON to think Brettley had anything to do with Mickey's disappearance at this time.

I'm just trying to balance the suspicions by pointing out the "other side of the story."

Saying "there is so far no reason to believe..." is miles short of "cleared".

Have there been subsequent LE statements regarding BW or did they drop that info and let it lie there? I don't recall subsequent BW related LE statements, but I may be mistaken.

That is why I did not use that term. Mickey's family, however, have stated that Brettley has been cleared.

LE has been asked questions regarding BW and have answered the questions.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    They might have the results and are keeping them private. Their silence over the past several days leads me to believe they've got something. Otherwise wouldn't they be seeking information from the public? Might be wishful thinking on my part.

megsy, I was very impressed with LPD's media management via their PIO, in the early days of the investigation. The locating of the bike by the fishermen was nothing short of a miracle IMO, and was due to the awareness achieved.

The LPD has access to a tremendous amount of resources to assist in this investigation. The American public is their most valuable resource. To ignore this tool only causes innocent victims lives lost & mounting missing persons cold cases.

Silence & missinformation by LE via the media is the predators most lethal weapon.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    Thats pretty much what Ive been doing as there are no other solid leads.

Also, just learned the cameras on the sterling life insurance building at 700 st. Landry cant quite see the street. So no help there. But the good news is they are having new cameras installed for that very purpose
    To little too late though. Thanks for looking into it ACI.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    megsy, I was very impressed with LPD's media management via their PIO, in the early days of the investigation. The locating of the bike by the fishermen was nothing short of a miracle IMO, and was due to the awareness achieved.

The LPD has access to a tremendous amount of resources to assist in this investigation. The American public is their most valuable resource. To ignore this tool only causes innocent victims lives lost & mounting missing persons cold cases.

Silence & missinformation by LE via the media is the predators most lethal weapon.
    If they do have the results back, we will probably be informed of SOME of what they learn.....they'll hold stuff back, because that is a sure-fire way to make sure that only the perp knows the whole story once they catch him.

The state police did say they were going to process the bike as quickly as possible, but we really don't know at this time if that process is over or still ongoing.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

That is why I did not use that term. Mickey's family, however, have stated that Brettley has been cleared.
    Thank you. I think you & I are clear on this.

I agree that presenting another person's intent or sentiment as fact is inappropriate.

I'm not particularly interested in anyone's sexual preference in this case. Jealousy and rage are not gender-specific.

Someone outside looking in may have seen something that wasn't there. The upcoming relocation could have exacerbated that.

Someone that was interested in or had a previous relationship with either BW or MS could quite possibly be involved in the disappearance of MS.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post

I totally agree with you. But my point is that we don't know what LPD has as far as this investigation. They could have nothing at all - that's certainly a possibility. And if that's the case then you are right that they aren't tapping into a valuable resource.

But the flip side of that is that it's equally possible that they do have something and don't need the public's assistance at the moment.

That's all I was pointing out. We have no idea which scenario we are dealing with here and I don't want us to be making assumptions that this is a cold case (or conversely that they're close to making an arrest) without a reason to believe one way or the other.

My personal feeling is that their silence is indicative of not needing the public's help right now. They were so good about communicating that need in the beginning - why would they suddenly stop?

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

I have been reading here since day 1 and you are a fine crew. I visited NO some time ago and loved the people there. I stayed at the Royal Sinesta (sp ?) and had a great time, all the wonderful food and spirits. The cab ride from the airport was a bit scary and I could unclench my hand when we arrived at the hotel. The swamp trip was a little hot and humid and bugs were all over us. We tried to bribe the boat driver with money to just drop us off but no way. I figured if you see one alligator going after a thrown marshmallow you have seen enough and I didn't know if I should scratch my watch or wind my butt. LOL. I can really visualize what the WB boat landing is like. How scared Mickey must have been if she was also brought down there alive. I really think she was brought down there with her bike. Seems like a good spot to dump a body.

Keep up the great work friends and don't hang up your trench coats yet.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to packerdog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    Nope and I tried everything on it to see if i could tell what was behind the white blob. It's not a vehicle because it would have needed to be parked on the sidewalk and if it's people, then that's a whole lot of people to be out walking at that time of night.
    Were you referring to the Versaille pic here? Because that's not a sidewalk under the white blob. It's actually meant for vehicles. It's the school's carpool/bus lane.
    Attached Images Attached Images

44. The Following User Says Thank You to perpetual curiosity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    Thats pretty much what Ive been doing as there are no other solid leads.

Also, just learned the cameras on the sterling life insurance building at 700 st. Landry cant quite see the street. So no help there. But the good news is they are having new cameras installed for that very purpose
    I missed something somewhere or maybe some pages, since for some reason I'm trying to keep up with this while working a very demanding job (or rather, d*mned job..haha). Where did the 700 block (Sterling Life) come into play? I ask because I watched a LPD officer (cruiser) and a detective (unmarked gold car) searching that corner last Sunday afternoon.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perpetual curiosity For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast