Thread: 2nd Anniversary. Desiree and Kaine still without a son.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"

2nd Anniversary. Desiree and Kaine still without a son.

Horman, 38, doesn't dwell on what might have happened to Kyron. Instead, he's planning for his return.

"I'm trying to keep pace with him," Horman said. "He's going to be 10 in September."

Just the other day, Horman bought new clothes to fit a taller, bigger Kyron. Kaine Horman updates Kyron's room as well, occasionally taking out toys he enjoyed as a 7-year-old and adding new ones.

He's sure Kyron would love Legos and still play with Hot Wheels. But perhaps his video game favorites have changed, so Kaine buys Kyron new ones from time to time.

"Just because he's not here doesn't mean there's anything different in terms of him being part of the family," Horman said. "He's part of the family in a different way at the moment."

More here: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...nk_his_so.html

So sad.
    Last edited by daisy7; 06-04-2012 at 10:39 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greenpalm For This Useful Post:

Remembering Kyron on this very sad day

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

This is so sad, and it sounds like Kaine needs some kind of help with raising the baby. Coincidentally, I am reading TWO books who feature a child growing up in the shadow of an older dead sibling they never really knew, (The Girls from Ames, and A Widow for One Year), and how that loss of their parent's shadows their lives forever. I can't think this is good for the baby - although right now she may not be so affected by it as she will in be later years. A deceased sibling she won't remember as a living brother holds such a place of prominence in her home, as if his ghost presence is growing up along with her. A visible monument to her father's crippling pain.

I understand Kaine's desire to keep the memory of Kryon growing up and changing interests and clothing sizes as if he were still living, but at some point I think he needs counseling on how to buffer the growing baby from this. I wonder if he could get some kind of help and guidance from adults who as children have grown up in a situation like this.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

People Magazine also did an article about the anniversary: http://www.people.com/people/article...601178,00.html

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post: