Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    Is it this one? http://www.klfy.com/category/168153/...ess-news-video

That might not directly link to it. It's called "Missing Mickey Shunick"
    Yes thanks. I missed it.

eta: And now that I watched, I see myself for a brief moment. This is older footage though. At 1:11, I am the last person in the frame, black tee and jeans. This was during a residential area search. Erin followed us for quite a while, in heels might I add.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    I want to KNOW, why is Mickey Shunick not on any missing persons LE sites in Lafayette, LA? I want an explanation, pronto. Who is in charge of doing this?
    I found it odd that she was not listed on NamUs.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Great map. What we know from the map is that MS left BW's house on her bike and that she was safe from that point to the 1:48am video. 3 minutes or less, maybe! Wish there would be more investigation into the call made that night about someone hear screams. Since MS wasn't reported missing until well after the screams were reported, am hoping LE didn't just choose not to consider this as a possible piece of the case. They often do have their own mindset and are unwilling to waver! Wish media could find out who reported the screams and give us the info. I think it is significant.
    I attempted to find a police report for this but found nothing. So it would appear to be a rumor or it turned out to be nothing since theres nothing on file.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    It's probably LE.

I don't think Joe Citizen can add people to those sites.
    Then they need to be called on it. If Mickey is truly missing, and we here all know that she is, then LE needs to give the public an explanation as to why she isn't being listed as such on their site.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

I'd like to clear up something from the last thread. A few people were discussing that Brettly Wilson is straight, and not gay, because he had an ex-girlfriend.

We know for a fact that Brettly Wilson dated a woman in the past, but you can't surmise that he's straight based upon that. Wilson stated that he and Mickey have been friends for three or four years, and that they became friends after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend, Mickey's friend.

In this video linked in this post, Brettly states that he and Mickey would jokingly try to see who could pick up guys more quickly. It seems pretty safe to say that Wilson is no longer entirely heterosexual, if he ever was.

Keep in mind that Wilson's breakup with his ex, and his subsequent friendship with Mickey, would have occurred around the time they graduated from high school and moved on to college.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7996036#post7996036"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to StreetcarRider For This Useful Post:

Is it possible that MS could have gotten to the checkpoint at/near Cullens without being seen on video?
    If she would have travelled that far down Johnston, I would assume there would be more video of her since Johnston is lined with businesses. I don't know though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nerdita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    I don't recall seeing or hearing that either.
    We've heard about the WB search and that was a big media thing, so if any other significant searches were made you'd think the media would have been on it. Pardon my feelings, but I don't think that much has been done in terms of active searching by LE. I get the feeling they are waiting for the big tip and letting volunteers search, and of course TES when they were here. Would like to ask one of the media outlets in Lafayette whether they know what active searches LE has been involved in. From my own experience, I have come to understand that government and police are just other job categories.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    I want to KNOW, why is Mickey Shunick not on any missing persons LE sites in Lafayette, LA? I want an explanation, pronto. Who is in charge of doing this?
    I'm not sure what that HelloLafayette site was, but it appeared that they only had kids listed. Also is you scroll down you can see some crime stats from colleges in the state but no mention of UL Lafayette...)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nerdita View Post
    If she would have travelled that far down Johnston, I would assume there would be more video of her since Johnston is lined with businesses. I don't know though.
    Is it confirmed that LE checked for footage for Mickey's whole assumed and alternate routes?

I guess they have.........but still.
    Mark Twain: "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheTruthWillOut For This Useful Post:

Great map. What we know from the map is that MS left BW's house on her bike and that she was safe from that point to the 1:48am video. 3 minutes or less, maybe! Wish there would be more investigation into the call made that night about someone hear screams. Since MS wasn't reported missing until well after the screams were reported, am hoping LE didn't just choose not to consider this as a possible piece of the case. They often do have their own mindset and are unwilling to waver! Wish media could find out who reported the screams and give us the info. I think it is significant.
    Every time I look at that map, I think she turned on Brashear.

As long as I'm being a moron...why, again, does anyone think she didn't go straight down (up?) Congress if she was going straight home?

I missed a lot of stuff, sorry. I can't keep up.
    Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StreetcarRider View Post
    I'd like to clear up something from the last thread. A few people were discussing that Brettly Wilson is straight, and not gay, because he had an ex-girlfriend.

We know for a fact that Brettly Wilson dated a woman in the past, but you can't surmise that he's straight based upon that. Wilson stated that he and Mickey have been friends for three or four years, and that they became friends after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend, Mickey's friend.

In this video linked in this post, Brettly states that he and Mickey would jokingly try to see who could pick up guys more quickly. It seems pretty safe to say that Wilson is no longer entirely heterosexual, if he ever was.

Keep in mind that Wilson's breakup with his ex, and his subsequent friendship with Mickey, would have occurred around the time they graduated from high school and moved on to college.

LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    This is interesting if you can hear him.

Searching for Mickey Shunick: Interview with Brettly Wilson

http://www.theadvertiser.com/videone...Brettly-Wilson

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I'm just catching up after reading some of the early morning posts, and there was a lot of discussion about LE releasing info to the public about evidence. Usually LE will refrain from revealing some crucial details about evidence to the public. That way, if a POI reveals knowledge about that evidence, it can help to implicate them in the crime. IMO, LE has some evidence that they are holding close to the vest, for that reason. Any forensics they glean from the bike may fall into that category. MOO

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I found it odd that she was not listed on NamUs.
    I have been told by other members here that it takes a while to get entered into NamUs. Gavin Smith just got added last week and he had been missing since May 1, so I expect she will be added in the next couple of weeks.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut View Post
    Is it confirmed that LE checked for footage for Mickey's whole assumed and alternate routes?

I guess they have.........but still.
    Hopefully the PI will make his way along Johnston to check with businesses on any video that may exist. The DUI check is a whole new ball game as I see it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Not to criticize any posters or posts, but I don't believe gender preference/selection should be an element of this missing person case. Thanks.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast