Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AL-Jordan & Taylor DeJerinett,9-year-old twins & Jack Girdner, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

I live about 20 miles south of this area. Lowndes Co. and the Hope Hull area is very rural. I have been glued to the TV and local media sites waiting on news. Everything is very hush-hush right now. Very eerie.

I don't have a good feeling. Just very confused about all this.

I won't judge the mom for picking them up after midnight though. Not sure where she works but there are several hospitals nearby that employ a lot of the residents of Hope Hull. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift or something? No clue...just a guess but there are lots of places she might have worked and not gotten off until very late.

ugh... It is a very strange vibe around here right now. We have our share of crime around here but this is different.

Before the most recent report of homicides in the area, WSFA reported on the 6p news that they believed they were all still in the area. There is some reason there was never an Amber Alert because they are routinely done here.

One thing is clear by the reporting - LE knows a lot more than they are releasing to the public.

eta: I know it seems obvious by the comments left on the "ABI investigating apparent homicide" article linked, but I am not convinced that this is the same case. That area has it share of crime and it could be a different matter. Plus, they use the singular 'homicide'.

I dunno. Just hoping...trying to keep faith and hope.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

Despite the "red flag" I posted about yesterday, I was hoping that this would be a misunderstanding of some sort and the kids would have made it home by now. They are adorable and I hope they're okay.

Mom doesn't seem right to me.
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to helpful For This Useful Post:

I really felt that the submerged car theory would prove true. I suppose my secondary theory involves a car crash that left the roadway. I guess I'll just wait to hear something.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

WAKA has location information:

They were at the scene off Alabama Highway 21 in the northeast part of the county late Tuesday night. They were in an area about three miles south of U.S. Highway 80, northeast of Hayneville.

http://www.waka.com/home/top-stories...157389525.html

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    I live about 20 miles south of this area. Lowndes Co. and the Hope Hull area is very rural. I have been glued to the TV and local media sites waiting on news. Everything is very hush-hush right now. Very eerie.

I won't judge the mom for picking them up after midnight though. Not sure where she works but there are several hospitals nearby that employ a lot of the residents of Hope Hull. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift or something? No clue...just a guess but there are lots of places she might have worked and not gotten off until very late.

ugh... It is a very strange vibe around here right now. We have our share of crime around here but this is different.

Before the most recent report of homicides in the area, WSFA reported on the 6p news that they believed they were all still in the area. There is some reason there was never an Amber Alert because they are routinely done here.

One thing is clear by the reporting - LE knows a lot more than they are releasing to the public.

eta: I know it seems obvious by the comments left on the "ABI investigating apparent homicide" article linked, but I am not convinced that this is the same case. That area has it share of crime and it could be a different matter. Plus, they use the singular 'homicide'.

I am not completely convinced it is the same case, either. It would be coincidental, though, if it was not. WSFA FAcebook page administrator commented about 20 minutes ago that there was no new information and they would continue to follow closely. BTW, he/she is trying hard to keep the comments from becoming speculative. If this turns out to be a homicide, regardless of case, I think it's important for families to be informed by LE first, not the media. Praying those two precious children are ok.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bit Analyzer For This Useful Post:

It sounds like they're very close to that man's home. Not sure what to think at this point.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

The waiting is the hardest part....

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

http://www.waka.com/home/top-stories...157389525.html

They were at the scene off Alabama Highway 21 in the northeast part of the county late Tuesday night. They were in an area about three miles south of U.S. Highway 80, northeast of Hayneville
    Is this close to the man's home?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bit Analyzer For This Useful Post:

Looking at the map, the area described in the WAKA CBS8 article is near the man's home.

(OT...I need to figure out how to post a map from an IPAD.)
    Last edited by Bit Analyzer; 06-06-2012 at 01:29 AM.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bit Analyzer For This Useful Post:

The local news here had a brief clip that simply said that investigators where on the scene of a homicide and it may be connected to the twins that they would bring more information as it became available, so I checked here to see if you guys knew more but I guess not yet. I pray they are okay and its not them.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

If this is indeed near the man's home, then I think we can certainly assume this has something to do with this case.

Feeling sadness....anxious to hear more.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bit Analyzer View Post
    Looking at the map, the area described in the WAKA CBS8 article is near the man's home.

(OT...I need to figure out how to post a map from an IPAD.)
    I would assist you Bit...but I have never posted a map from my iPad. Can you simply post the link to the map?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

It bothers me that the first story said no suspects or victims have been named. Those are both plural. They wouldn't write plural ordinarily, would they? I'm holding out hope that it's just the man. Maybe someone took off with the kids, and they're still okay.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Some of the articles described him as the caretaker which makes more sense if he was the "nanny" while she was a work.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Check out the latest comments on this story:

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=18699945

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

My alarm is set to go off in 5 hours so I've got to give up the watch tonight.

Considering what we know now, I dread waking up to the early morning news. WSFA starts reporting live about 5am central time.

Keeping them all in my prayers tonight. Especially Jordan, Taylor and their mom.

God, I hope I wake up to better news than I expect.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Beach, get some rest.

We don't have all of the facts yet. But it doesn't sound good. My belief that the man was innocent of any wrongdoing has grown. But I can't say why just yet. I hope I'm right. Because I like to believe that there are good people in this world who are willing to help others. Without that belief, it is very difficult to deal with those who are evil.

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

This isn't sounding good at all

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

http://maps.google.com/?q=loc:214+La...128,-86.444764

Here is a google map of the area.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bit Analyzer For This Useful Post:

This is very approximate but the best I can figure out it's about 8-9 miles and 14-18 minutes away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=AL...sz=12&t=m&z=12

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

This is really hard to think about as I go to bed. I really don't have a good feeling about this situation. For some reason I do not feel like this man did anything to harm the kids. But I have no idea what is going on so who knows...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

My alarm is set to go off in 5 hours so I've got to give up the watch tonight.

Considering what we know now, I dread waking up to the early morning news. WSFA starts reporting live about 5am central time.

Keeping them all in my prayers tonight. Especially Jordan, Taylor and their mom.

God, I hope I wake up to better news than I expect.
    I read these too. If those statements are true then this could tie up some loose ends.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein
    :

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    There is also a female listed at that address. Are we sure this is the right address for Jack?
    Yes. We figured out the name. It was first reported as Jack Mac Girtner, and it some reports combined the middle name with the last name. I'm sure he went by Mac. We know where he lived, and we know he had a wife. They seem to have moved from California to Alabama. I haven't been able to figure out whether she's living there. She has active insurance agent license in California.

We're just waiting for what we think will be very bad news. I have seen some terrible rumors that I hope prove to be false. But I'm not hopeful. I'm a little miffed right now that nobody has anything on this. The TV stations have not update what they reported last night, and there is nothing in the newspaper. I expect a mid-morning news conference with few details and no suspect named. I guess we'll see.

45. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Praying for these beautiful children!
    Last edited by Juno; 06-06-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Found what I was looking for
    "Funny when you're dead how people start listenin' " The Band Perry (If I Die Young). Watch out for and listen to OUR children before its too late.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juno For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I can't find any updates this morning. Hopefully some locals will come on board.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast