Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    According to this link, his last name is just Girdner. With middle initial as M.

http://www.411.com/search/FindNeighb...ope+Hull%2C+AL
    That will sure make it easier to find him. I betcha Mac is just his nickname. It almost sounds like the kids were living with him and she was the one babysitting now and then. Maybe they went camping and never made it back?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sophclown View Post
    Here is the poster from the missing twins! My prayers are with them!
    http://https://www.facebook.com/phot...type=1&theater
    Link not working for me.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

I lost the link, but I found a California government record that shows he lived or worked in Palm Springs, Cali., and worked as an insurance agent. His license went inactive in 2005. Perhaps he retired to Alabama. There is another Girdner who has a California insurance license and also lives in Palm Springs. Her license is still active. I also have her connected to Hope Hull, Ala.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

He's previously lived in CA.....and has married. Don't know if he is divorced or what now, but a found a female, ABM, 59, who has lived in Hope Hull and CA too.

Mercedes truck, nice home......including a bridge over to an island with home?

http://binged.it/KCo4Un

ETA: Not a truck...sorry. Here's pic:
    Where was mom when all this happened?
    Could Mom be somehow involved here?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Is this home for sale? View of inside and out:

http://www.weichert.com/39390107/
    Hey, good catch HB! Nice to know that's just a gazebo out there on that little island.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Very strange... no evidence that they ever left Montgomery...?
    Did mother take them to the babysitter in Hope Hull or did the babysitter come and pick them up in Montgomery? If the latter, they could have gone AWOL within the Montgomery borders without going to his home in Hope Hull. But if she says she took the kids to the babysitter's home it's odd. I assume they've looked at traffic cameras for sightings of their vehicles.

She does seem very calm. Something that caught my attention was that she said "I just wanna know what happened." If it was my kids I'd want them back and knowing what happened could wait. She also says that he was a good person and was fond of the children, in past tense, which seems to indicate either that he's no longer among the living or no longer a good person and no longer fond of them. But she says she doesn't believe he would harm the children.

"Jack was a good person you know. I think my church members, friends and family can vouch for that and say that same thing that they feel like he's a fairly good person and that he wouldn't, we wouldn't want to believe that he would do anything like that," Moore said.
    I wonder what "a fairly good person" means. He wouldn't do anything like that (what?) but possibly there was something that left him short of complete goodness?

If they made it to Hope Hull the aerial view suggests that they might need to check a body of water. Either the children or the babysitter might have ended up in the water in distress and the others got in trouble when trying to save that person. It wouldn't explain the missing car though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    I lost the link, but I found a California government record that shows he lived or worked in Palm Springs, Cali., and worked as an insurance agent. His license went inactive in 2005. Perhaps he retired to Alabama. There is another Girdner who has a California insurance license and also lives in Palm Springs. Her license is still active. I also have her connected to Hope Hull, Ala.
    Is this the female that is listed at his same address?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

"Jack Mac"....well, that's interesting.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

I found a neat little site with public records. Here's a public notice. It sounds like Jack Girdner and his wife were about to lose their home. By the way, they or she sold it in 2010. It was a very modest house. Does anyone have a pic of the Hope Hull residence?

http://publishing.yudu.com/Library/A...sources/19.htm

FYI, I'll be using this public notice site in the future!

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Is this the female that is listed at his same address?
    Yes. But there has been no mention of her. I find that odd, actually. If she's around, you'd expect to hear an "I don't know where they could be" sort of thing from her.

I agree with the idea that this might have been an accident in the water. I was thinking about a possible boat capsizing with no life vests. But that sort of leaves us to figure out what might have happened to the vehicle. What about heart attack and car rolls into the lake? I know. I don't want to imagine that! But it's a possible explanation.

FYI: I'm cool with everything mom has said. She's under stress. She lives in Alabama, where the language is nuanced. I don't see anything odd about what she's said.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Thank the Lord it wasn't a Chevy Z71.....!!!!! I would have
    Me too, I'm seeing Z71s everywhere I look now. Saw 2 today.
    Support Our Troops

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JustPeachy For This Useful Post:

The car has to be in that lake. Not the one behind his house. It's the other one. There is a curve with no shoulder and some red clay covering part of the road. An oversteer, sliding on the dirt, dodging another vehicle or having a medical issue could have caused Mac Girdner to drive into that little lake. It's called Lake Ridge Road, too. So that might mean a relatively deep lake. Has it been searched?

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

What beautiful children.

The moms statement is so odd. It is something that I'd expect after months of searching, but not the initial interview. Very, very odd.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:

I just called and told them that they ought to check that lake if they haven't checked it already.

By the way, I'm not big into giving out tips as I think they likely bog down some investigations. But I just have a hunch on this one. The only thing that wouldn't add up is that the road doesn't seem to connect to a main road. It seems like he'd have to be driving to a neighbor's house. I wonder whether he has friends out there. He also could have been going to fish with the kids and decided to drive down the road.

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast