Found Deceased NC - John Morris, 31, Durham, 25 May 2012 *Arrests*

Ada

Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11170873/

Durham, N.C. — Durham police investigators are searching for a 31-year-old man who was last seen nine days ago at his home on Kirk Road.

John Russell Morris spent May 25 at a Durham Bulls game, his friends said Monday. After the game, he said he was driving to Kroger, but he and his yellow Jeep Wrangler have not been seen since.

His roommate, Douglas Wright, said Morris' disappearance is completely out of character.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11170873/

Durham, N.C. — Durham police investigators are searching for a 31-year-old man who was last seen nine days ago at his home on Kirk Road.

John Russell Morris spent May 25 at a Durham Bulls game, his friends said Monday. After the game, he said he was driving to Kroger, but he and his yellow Jeep Wrangler have not been seen since.

His roommate, Douglas Wright, said Morris' disappearance is completely out of character.

The comments underneath the article are telling. This man has no living family members, he's been missing since May 25, was reported missing by friends within 24 hrs, yet a detective was not assigned to the case until yesterday. How sad. Shame on the Durham P.D. :(

I feel like this is going to be a carjacking or an accident where his vehicle is not visible. I'm thinking of taking a drive up to Durham and just looking around for breaks in the vegetation along the road.

I feel like this is going to be a carjacking or an accident where his vehicle is not visible. I'm thinking of taking a drive up to Durham and just looking around for breaks in the vegetation along the road.

I hadn't thought of a carjacking, but I had thought about an accident. It seems like a reasonable possibility. Maybe he was tired after working all day and then going to the game. He could have dozed off while driving. It rained that week but I don't think it rained on Friday so the roads shouldn't have been wet/slippery, but I guess it's possible. He could have just gone off the road for some other reason, though.

Here's another picture of John and one of his jeep.

View attachment 23231 View attachment 23232

There's more information about the jeep and about the case on the FB page that his friends have made. It's called Looking For John Morris.

Thanks for the photos, Con.....you made a great point. Shame on the Durham PD. How could they not start searching for 9 days?!

One thing for sure, that bright yellow Jeep might make it a bit easier to spot if an accident did occur and the vehicle is off a ravine, etc.

I feel for this young man...his parents are deceased and he's an only child. He is blessed with kind friends though...and that's enough. Praying for them all.

I knew he was missing and was wondering if it would show up here. Glad it did, I thought about contacting and admin person. I barely remember him, but this is still scary. Too close to home. :please: for his safety and for answers.

Interesting. The female is 21 now, so if Morris was in a relationship with her five years ago, she would have been 16. He's 10 years older than her. Maybe this was a revenge thing.

That's a pretty significant age difference if the articles are accurate. Here's another link with the news:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11183076/

ETA: WRAL TV reported that Jessica Summey is a prostitute, has a drug problem, is bi-polar and would not take her meds, and has a 2 year old daughter. Morris was sending money to her grandmother to help with expenses, not wanting Jessica to spend the money on drugs. LE would not say how he died.

Rest in peace, Mr. Morris....May Justice Be Served To Those Who Took Your Life....

How sad. Seems he really cared for her. What a waste.

Good golly, I can't believe I didn't hear about this case until now, since I live in NC. What a horrible, horrible story. Horrible crime. So senseless. He sounds like the kind of person we need more of. Awful, awful.

http://www.wral.com/autopsy-can-t-determine-how-durham-man-was-killed/13511258/

State authorities cannot determine how a Durham man whose charred remains were found at an Asheboro home two years ago was killed, according to an autopsy report...

John Russell Morris, 31, was last seen on May 25, 2012, at a Durham Bulls game, and authorities found fragments of his skeleton and burnt vehicle parts two weeks later at the Randolph County home shared by his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend.

Jessica Dawson Summey, 23, and Shaun Michael Lundy, 26, have been charged with murder.

http://courier-tribune.com/news/burned-homicide-victim-positively-identified-dna

The burned remains of a person found underneath a vehicle and bonfire in 2012 have been identified through DNA testing as belonging to John Russell Morris...

The ME received two brown paper bags containing Morris remains, which the medical examiner described as “extensively fragmented and charred human skeletal remains,” on June 8, 2012. The State Crime Lab conducted DNA tests using bone and soft tissue and known samples obtained from Morris’ belongings. Minimal soft tissue was attached to a few bone fragments, the longest of which were 5 inches...

Investigators were not able to tell whether Morris’ body had been dismembered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back