ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html
Torso found in Montreal garbage pile
The major crimes unit of the Montreal police is investigating the discovery of a torso in a pile of garbage in the Côte-des-Neiges borough, west of Décarie Boulevard.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...onservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html
Human foot found in ‘suspicious package’ at Conservative Party headquarters
Authorities say they were called to the Tory offices at Albert Street at 11:20am.
"Upon arrival, officers noted that the ... package had blood stains on it," the Ottawa Police Service said in a release, according to the Globe and Mail.

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

TIMELINE/MEDIA/INFO THREAD

Please continue here...

Please continue here and REMEMBER - no pics, stills, audio, etc. to the video. And no pics of innocent people.

TOs will be issued if you can't remember this rule. Not everyone wants to see the video or parts thereof. You can get to it by link because it is all over the net. So go where ever it is and don't bring back more than discussion, okay?

Thanks,

Salem

Nope. In examining all of the coverage of the Magnotta case that I can, I have found Justin Ling's reporting to be the most accurate, factual, insightful and not sensationalized compared to other media outlets.

While I agree that Xtra! is not known for it's journalism, Ling's been doing old school journalism and provided important insights about Magnotta. I've been following his Magnotta coverage since his first article and he has not misreported anything; the same cannot be said for most other "news" outlets.

He is doing a great job but the question in question is exactly the type of question a good journalist writing for the audience he writes for would be expected to ask. The Globe and Mail and National Post readers are likely more interested in how this crime will affect the economy or how it plays into a debate about the DP :) JMO- I read them all

Removing the video will only cause it to become more widespread, study the Streisand effect for the reasons why that is.

Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every time something like this happens there is a segment of society that immediately wants to ban things and give the government power to create more laws and crack down on our freedom. It is the very same reactionary behavior that allowed Stalin and Hitler, among others, to accomplish what they did, tyrants love to take advantage of the fear and insecurity of the people they have power over and this case is no different, those who have a desire to censor the internet and take away more of our freedom will use this case to further their perverted agenda.

Decisions about matters such as banning websites and making certain things illegal should not be made until long after events like this after people have settled down and gotten their heads about them.

Further, in the words of the great Ben Franklin:

They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I personally do not like gore sites but there is something I hate even more, people telling me what parts of reality I can and cannot see.

That video, while digusting beyond measure, is an unfortunate part of the reality we live in, to stick your head in the sand and deny its existence is the ultimate insult to the victim.

No need to answer this, just posing the question:

If your friend said to you, "come on over and watch a real snuff film tonight", would you?

There are some people who would never, ever, in a million years deliberately go and watch a snuff and dismemberment film, but, because of many different influences and factors, not the least of which is because it was so readily available on the Internet, hundreds of thousands of people watched that real life snuff and dismemberment video of the victim Jun Lin.

That, to me, is an issue worth discussing, because we all know those types of videos are out there. Not choosing to watch them, is not "sticking my head in the sand". I am hopeful that some poor soul who has to track these monsters down, catches them as a repurcussion of sites like these.

To blatantly display the video that is known to be a true, real life murder and dismemberment, crosses the boundaries, and to deliberately leave it on, is a crime, IMO.

As we begin a new thread, let's all take a moment to remember the victim of this senseless crime, Jun/Justin Lin

800_jun_lin_cp_120601.jpg

Please continue here and REMEMBER - no pics, stills, audio, etc. to the video. And no pics of innocent people.

TOs will be issued if you can't remember this rule. Not everyone wants to see the video or parts thereof. You can get to it by link because it is all over the net. So go where ever it is and don't bring back more than discussion, okay?

Thanks,

Salem

Salem: Thanks for your great moderation of these threads. I wanted to ask you at what point would it be appropriate to change the name of the thread to reflect the victim, Jun/Justin Lin, and not the Montreal Monster?

Ok since I am new I have a question...when you close an old thread is it still available for viewing? If so..where does one access that? Thanks

MONTREAL – Police are investigating suspicious envelopes containing white powder that turned up Wednesday morning at a total of nine different locations across the city, including at Quebec-government-related offices and two building occupied by the the Quebecor media group.

All were signed by the “Forces armées révolutionaires du Québec."

That can be roughly translated as "the revolutionary armed forces of Quebec."

One of the envelopes, sent to 3400 Jean Talon St. W., contained baking soda, Montreal police Constable Yannick Ouimet said.

Envelopes containing an “unknown substance” were also received at the following five locations, Ouimet added:

* 1600 Henri-Bourassa Blvd. W.;

* 1600 de Maisonneuve Blvd. E.;

* 612 St. Jacques St. W. in Old Montreal, the Quebecor head office;

* 7665 St. Laurent Blvd; and

* 500 Sherbrooke St. W., the Loto Quebec head office

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Nine...treal+police/6739088/story.html#ixzz1x259RsKL

Ok since I am new I have a question...when you close an old thread is it still available for viewing? If so..where does one access that? Thanks
you an view it but not post, scroll down to the very bottom here in this thread and it will show you the others. Also usually the mod will post prior threads in the first post of each thread...linking to ie. Thread 1, Thread 2, and so on.

I am pretty confused on this whole issue.

Luka Rocco Magnotta may have posted videos while on the run, Montreal police say

Luka Rocco Magnotta appears to have posted new videos of himself while he was on the run, including one that began, “Hi to all my fans.”

“We think it is recent. We must check the clothing, the physical aspects. The French police will give us a hand. It would be very surprising if it was filmed before the murder,” Montreal police Cmdr. Denis Mainville confirmed to the newspaper La Presse.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...d-videos-while-on-the-run-montreal-police-say

Don't know if this has already been posted - but the Montreal Police have now taken over the situation with the packages delivered to Vancouver schools.

Man, I am praying that they nail this dude to the wall!!:jail:

MONTREAL – Police are investigating suspicious envelopes containing white powder that turned up Wednesday morning at a total of nine different locations across the city, including at Quebec-government-related offices and two building occupied by the the Quebecor media group.

All were signed by the “Forces armées révolutionaires du Québec."

That can be roughly translated as "the revolutionary armed forces of Quebec."

One of the envelopes, sent to 3400 Jean Talon St. W., contained baking soda, Montreal police Constable Yannick Ouimet said.

Envelopes containing an “unknown substance” were also received at the following five locations, Ouimet added:

* 1600 Henri-Bourassa Blvd. W.;

* 1600 de Maisonneuve Blvd. E.;

* 612 St. Jacques St. W. in Old Montreal, the Quebecor head office;

* 7665 St. Laurent Blvd; and

* 500 Sherbrooke St. W., the Loto Quebec head office

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Nine...treal+police/6739088/story.html#ixzz1x259RsKL

Is this from today? I clicked on the link but it's saying the story is no longer available.

People who want the video banned keep referring to it as a snuff film as if somehow calling it something that it is not is going to further their counterpoint or something.

It is not a snuff film, there is no murder recorded in the video.

The film is digusting enough on its own that it doesnt need embellishment.

I dont the like video, I think it is disgusting and I dont care to ever see anything like it again but I only make decisions for myself, what others want to watch is up to them. We dont need a nanny state to tell us what parts of reality is ok for us to see.

There were articles a couple of hours back cnfirming that these are old videos. Some news portals seem to be a bit slow to catch up, or think the idea of him posting taunting vids while on the run is a 'better story', even if not true.

The "hi to my fans" video has already been debunked. It was an excerpt from a video in 2008 where he was trolling FAMILY GUY fans on Youtube. I'm shocked the police aren't aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni