Is DARLIE even aware that she did it?

4everenslaved

Reaction score
Thought this may be a relevant topic today, 16 years on from that horrible night ...

The word 'denial' is thrown around a lot with regard to Darlie's supporters and her family. But what about Darlie herself? I know many people here feel that we should stop talking about HER, and get the focus back on Devon and Damon. But I think the question needs to be asked, is Darlie so full of denial that she genuinely believes an intruder killed the children? Is she so mentally ill that she has believed her own lies, and continues to believe them to this day? Or has she deliberately and callously lied for 16 years, knowing full well all the time that it was she who took the lives of her children?

Has she confessed to her family? What do they REALLY believe? Do her mother and sister really believe in her innocence, or do they know the truth and are just fighting to get her off death row?

A lot of questions, sure, and inevitably most of the answers will be based entirely on hearsay and speculation. But I think these are important questions to be debated as a means of furthering our understanding of this case.

Thought this may be a relevant topic today, 16 years on from that horrible night ...

The word 'denial' is thrown around a lot with regard to Darlie's supporters and her family. But what about Darlie herself? I know many people here feel that we should stop talking about HER, and get the focus back on Devon and Damon. But I think the question needs to be asked, is Darlie so full of denial that she genuinely believes an intruder killed the children? Is she so mentally ill that she has believed her own lies, and continues to believe them to this day? Or has she deliberately and callously lied for 16 years, knowing full well all the time that it was she who took the lives of her children?Has she confessed to her family? What do they REALLY believe? Do her mother and sister really believe in her innocence, or do they know the truth and are just fighting to get her off death row?

A lot of questions, sure, and inevitably most of the answers will be based entirely on hearsay and speculation. But I think these are important questions to be debated as a means of furthering our understanding of this case.

I think she has deliberately and callously lied. My thought is that if you change your stories to fit the evidence your not in denial or mentally ill. Your just a cold blooded minipulating, lying killer.
I can't speak for her family, but feel they have had to put 2 and 2 together over the years but would never say so publicly. Thank everything that is good that I don't have to carry that burden because my children know that if they murdered anyone I would not lie for them.

One of Darlie's sisters posted a tribute to Devon (it would be his 23rd birthday today) on Facebook. Darlie's mother and Darin's mother commented, offering support.

I think what is most fascinating is that her family do seem to steadfastly believe in her innocence, sometimes with such sincerity that it really makes me doubt the validity of her conviction.

Aside from Devon and Damon, Darlie and Darin's relatives are the people I feel for most with regard to this case. Darlie Kee may be irritating, but I really, really do feel so sorry for her. It must be heartbreaking, and I do pray for both families.

One of Darlie's sisters posted a tribute to Devon (it would be his 23rd birthday today) on Facebook. Darlie's mother and Darin's mother commented, offering support.

I think what is most fascinating is that her family do seem to steadfastly believe in her innocence, sometimes with such sincerity that it really makes me doubt the validity of her conviction.

Aside from Devon and Damon, Darlie and Darin's relatives are the people I feel for most with regard to this case. Darlie Kee may be irritating, but I really, really do feel so sorry for her. It must be heartbreaking, and I do pray for both families.

Yes but think about this neither of them were there the night that knife was plunged into those boys. I believe both Ms. Kee and Mrs. Routier believe she's guilty. Sarilda won't talk because then Darin, her son, will be blamed. Darlie Kee is fighting for her daughter, but she does it with lies. I waffle back and forth with Darlie Kee. She's such a liar she makes me very angry. If Darlie is innocent, no need to lie so much.

she knows full-well what she did & no matter how much she tries to make herself believe an alternate fantasy so that she can keep up the facade, she knows ... and it will haunt her into her grave

she hasn't confessed but I believe the families know deep down inside - they choose to live in denial b/c to face the truth would destroy their existence as they know it

as for the lies, well ... it's not difficult to see where Darlie learned that behaviour

It's pretty common for the families to proclaim innocence. Look at the Peterson family and Cindy Anthony. Jackie Peterson to this day believes that Scott only had a one night stand with Amber Frey instead of an affair.

The word 'denial' is thrown around a lot with regard to Darlie's supporters and her family. But what about Darlie herself? I know many people here feel that we should stop talking about HER, and get the focus back on Devon and Damon. But I think the question needs to be asked, is Darlie so full of denial that she genuinely believes an intruder killed the children? Is she so mentally ill that she has believed her own lies, and continues to believe them to this day? Or has she deliberately and callously lied for 16 years, knowing full well all the time that it was she who took the lives of her children?

Has she confessed to her family? What do they REALLY believe? Do her mother and sister really believe in her innocence, or do they know the truth and are just fighting to get her off death row?

I think it's possible that Darlie does not remember killing her boys today. I think she's been spinning the tale for so long, that she may have convinced herself and tucked any memory safely away.

I think she was brewing that night, played over and over in her mind the argument with Darin (which probably DID NOT produce the response from Darin she was hoping for), probably tossed and turned on couch, trouble sleeping, got more and more pissed off.

I think there's some truth in Darlie saying she heard one of the boy's cries (I'm sorry, I cannot recall which one). But I suspect that little voice was a sleepy boy waking her for some reason (glass of water?) and that was the final straw in her whacked-out mind. I can picture her fuming, heading to the kitchen, and grabbing a knife. It is possible that she took out the past year's angers and frustrations on her boys, but didn't mean to do it.

I think I've read somewhere that Darlie even admitted to an investigator that if she killed her boys, she doesn't remember it...but that could just be rumor.
Was she struggling in her own mind with "creating an intruder", and threw this statement out there to test the waters? If she actually made this statement, this is as close to a confession from Darlie as we will ever get.

If she had come to terms with her guilt soon after, or at least by her trial, she'd have a chance at escaping her fate. But I can only guess that at the time, she cared more for keeping up the appearances as super mom/victim because that would ensure that those around her would continue to love her.

Now, I suspect she may have no memory of actual events because she's created this new reality for herself. This means that she'll never advance through the stages of grief and remorse and emotional healing. Which makes her as dangerous today and she was in 1996.

She will never admit to anything because if she did, she would stop being the victim. Darlie thrives on playing the victim.

I think it's possible that Darlie does not remember killing her boys today. I think she's been spinning the tale for so long, that she may have convinced herself and tucked any memory safely away.

I think she was brewing that night, played over and over in her mind the argument with Darin (which probably DID NOT produce the response from Darin she was hoping for), probably tossed and turned on couch, trouble sleeping, got more and more pissed off.

I think there's some truth in Darlie saying she heard one of the boy's cries (I'm sorry, I cannot recall which one). But I suspect that little voice was a sleepy boy waking her for some reason (glass of water?) and that was the final straw in her whacked-out mind. I can picture her fuming, heading to the kitchen, and grabbing a knife. It is possible that she took out the past year's angers and frustrations on her boys, but didn't mean to do it.

I think I've read somewhere that Darlie even admitted to an investigator that if she killed her boys, she doesn't remember it...but that could just be rumor.
Was she struggling in her own mind with "creating an intruder", and threw this statement out there to test the waters? If she actually made this statement, this is as close to a confession from Darlie as we will ever get.

If she had come to terms with her guilt soon after, or at least by her trial, she'd have a chance at escaping her fate. But I can only guess that at the time, she cared more for keeping up the appearances as super mom/victim because that would ensure that those around her would continue to love her.

Now, I suspect she may have no memory of actual events because she's created this new reality for herself. This means that she'll never advance through the stages of grief and remorse and emotional healing. Which makes her as dangerous today and she was in 1996.

When Parker was questioning Darlie the night she was arrested, he told her six times he believed she killed the boys and allegedly five she answered if I did I don't remember and the sixth time she just shrugged her shoulders. Parker did not tape or video the interrogation so we only have his word for it but I doubt he lied.

I too believe she may have compartmentalized the killings and now doesn't remember. It's the only way she can live with what she has done.

Darlie wasn't a bad person but she was showy and ostentatious. She was also very generous to her family and friends. She also appears to have issues with impulse control. She got overwhelmed with responsibility and depression and knew she was losing everything....the marriage, the nice big house, the boat, etc.

I too believe the motive lies in the fight with Darin that night. I believe the murders were revenge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back