DUI in stolen wheelchair

TexasRanger

Reaction score
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/news/Utica-police-say-man-was-driving-stolen-motorized-wheelchair/-/4714498/14606172/-/dc683d/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn5

Raymond-Kulma-jpg.jpg

Raymond Kulma Raymond Kulma, of Sterling Heights, was
arrested in Utica on suspicion of drunken driving, for the 7th time.

Kulma was not drunk behind the wheel of his car. Utica police arrested him while he was operating a stolen motorized wheelchair.

"He has quite the history and quite the drinking problem,” said Utica Police Chief David Faber.
Quick Clicks

Kulma, 55, had a blood alcohol content level of .241 at the time of the arrest, three times the legal limit. Chief Faber said the arresting officers conducted several sobriety tests, Kulma failed every one.

"I guess he thought he would go for a little ride," said Chief Faber.

Kulma was arrested May 27. Utica police were called to an assault on Greeley Street at a senior living complex. The stolen motorized wheelchair belonged to James Konkel, who lives in the complex. Konkel and Kulma had gotten into a heated argument. When police arrived to question the two men, they found Kulma driving the wheelchair down the road.

"I never thought someone would steal my chair, that’s why I left it outside," said Konkel.

Konkel said Kulma had been living with his brother in the senior complex, when Konkel left his apartment to meet up with a friend, that’s when Kulma started calling him names.

"He threw a punch so I threw one back, but then I left, and police found him on my wheelchair,” Konkel sai

Some people.:furious:

That's crazy! Sterling Heights where the man is from is where our dogs work as therapy dogs at an assisted living home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back