Identified! Canada - St Catharines, Ont, Fem skeletal, Apr'12 - Felicia Floriani

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
1337889129698_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_...37889129698_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Her disappearance was investigated as part of Project Advocate, a police probe into a suspected serial predator attacking sex trade workers in the Hamilton and Halton areas more than 10 years ago.

Police believed eight attacks going back to 2001 were linked to the same man, who killed 19-year-old prostitute Kimlyn Tolgyes and left her body in a Burlington, Ont., park in 2002. Her killer was never found.

The task force disbanded after a year, when all leads were exhausted.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/04/remains-identified-as-missing-teen-presumed-murdered

(Noting here so if anyone is sleuthing this multiple murder case, they can find this information)

:rose: Rest in Peace, Felicia :rose:

The girl was last seen in September of 2002.

Police believe her unburied body had been in the West Lincoln field for the past decade.
It is believed she was last seen by friends and relatives in September of 2002 and had not been heard from since, the website states.

According to previous reports, the man’s last confirmed attack was Sept. 4, 2002, but he may have tried to abduct a 31-year-old woman on March 5, who was not a sex-trade worker.

The attacks began Jan. 9, 2001, when a 40-year-old prostitute was robbed at gunpoint in Hamilton.

Wow! This serial attacker sounds like a dangerous man. It is strange that he stopped. I wonder if they have double checked any deaths around that time frame. I also wonder if they had a suspect in mind?

Here is another article dated 4 June 2012, Hamilton Spec.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/737662--felicia-floriani-a-short-and-troubled-life

Felicia Floriani, 15 yrs-old, was to meet a friend on 10 June 2002 at the corner of Upper Paradise Road and Hadeland in Hamilton, but did not show up.

More than one article states she was seen in September of 2002 - unsure how accurate that is or where it originates. According to the friend Felicia was to meet up with, the police contacted her one week after 10 June 2002 to say she was missing.

How sad she was discarded in a farmers field, unnoticed for 10 years.

Brantford Expositor 5 June 2012.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/06/04/remains-missing-teen-from-hamilton

Felicia's skeletal remains were found in a farmers field that was prone to flooding off Church Road between S Chippewa Road and Concession Road 2, West Lincoln on 19 April 2012.

An aerial view on Google maps shows a pretty remote area and may explain why the smell of decomposition did not alert anyone.

The distance from the group home she was staying at in Hamilton (King Street East) is about 50 kms. There are a number of ways to get there - via the QEW and turning off at Grimsby or various secondary roads from Hamilton but none are direct. Makes me wonder why that direction and that area?

Here is an article dated 1 May 2012 using archives of the Hamilton Spec.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/737215--woman-survives-brush-with-killer

The suspect in the vicious attacks, disappearances and murder in 2001 - 2002 is described as a white male, about 26, 5' 10" tall, slim build, clean shaven - some survivors said he was blond with blue eyes although the most recent said he had red hair and green eyes. In 3 cases he was driving a white sports car.

Hamilton police had been warning women on the streets about this guy and showing them a composite drawing - kudos to HPS for that.

Have not had any luck finding a picture of the 2 men arrested as part of Project Advocate. The attacks stopped after these arrests.

Peter Conka was convicted on charges laid against him and later deported to the Czech Republic.

John Crouse plead guilty to SA and was incarcerated.

Want to see how much they may or may not resemble descriptions given by survivors of the assaults and the composite sketch HPD passed around. Can't find that either.

Bringing over this link matou posted today, on the Cedrika Provencher thread.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cedrika-provencher-missing-children-1.3364711

For 10 years, Angela and John Floriani held on to the hope that their daughter Felicia would come home after she went missing. The troubled 15-year-old girl ran away from home in 2002.
Felicia Floriani.

"You keep hoping that one day … the phone's going to ring or someone's going to knock on the door and it's going to be her," Angela Floriani, Felicia's stepmother, said.

"Every time you hear on the TV or the news that they found somebody's remains, your heart stops," she said.

Floriani vividly remembers the day in 2012 when police came to their Hamilton-area home and confirmed their worst fears.

"[They said] 'there's no easy way to say this,'" Floriani recalled. "I just remember both of us … howling and holding on to each other and crying."

Police had found Felicia's remains in a field and said she had likely been dead for most of the decade she was missing.

But to the Florianis, she died the day the police told them the news, Angela said, and many people didn't understand the extent of their grief.

"Everybody's kind of like, 'Well at least you know and you can move on.' But everybody forgets that [to us] our daughter just died," she said. "Up until then there was always hope."

Have not had any luck finding a picture of the 2 men arrested as part of Project Advocate. The attacks stopped after these arrests.

Peter Conka was convicted on charges laid against him and later deported to the Czech Republic.

John Crouse plead guilty to SA and was incarcerated.

Want to see how much they may or may not resemble descriptions given by survivors of the assaults and the composite sketch HPD passed around. Can't find that either.

Looking but not finding poi sketches, descriptions are interesting, some links that may be handy for timelines, ect, fwiw..

1 of 70 DOCUMENTS
Hamilton Spectator (Ontario, Canada)
October 2, 2003
SOURCE:
The Hamilton Spectator
BYLINE:
Susan Clairmont

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...nSpectator.PDF

Timeline, poi names.
http://missedlives.org/blog/2015/4/2...rial-predators

hope you are, finally, at peace felicia
and your friend danielle is right, you were just a little girl lost

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Just not sure which/whose thread to put this lengthy detailed new article (it could apply to a number of cases)..

Jan 30 2020
ONTARIO COLD CASE: 200 leads fail to pinpoint Kimlyn Tolgyes' killer
''The similarities between the Tolgyes murder and the attack earlier in the month led to the creation of Project Advocate, a joint effort between Hamilton and Halton police headed by Detective Sergeant Steve Hrab, to investigate a series of attacks against sex trade workers that began in January 2001.

The task force also began looking into possible ties in the disappearance of two women, Susan Gourley, 39, and Felicia Floriani, 15. Gourley had been missing since November 2001.

Floriani, who lived with her dad in Burlington when she around seven years old, was supposed to meet a friend on June 10, 2002, but never showed. At the time of her disappearance she was living at Brennan House, a shelter for homeless teens.

The media coverage of the formation of the task force also prompted a call to police from a man who had filed a report in late July or early August. At the time, it seemed like a routine report – the kind police received several times a day. But one key detail made it stand out.

A man who volunteered at a Hamilton police community office had stopped at a convenience store around 3 a.m. He saw a young woman jump out of a white sports car. She ran over to him and said, “Please stand beside me until that guy goes. He's nuts.” The woman had scratches on her throat. The car and the woman both left shortly after.

After going into the convenience store, the man got back in his car. He drove a couple of blocks before seeing the same white car with another woman in the passenger seat.

The three-month-old report gave police a possible link to the August attack.

• • • • •

Police began assembling a profile of a suspect – a white man in his 20s, between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-10, slim to medium build, with blond or light brown hair and blue eyes. He smoked du Maurier cigarettes and drove an older, sporty, white two-door car with standard transmission.

They believed he was familiar with both downtown Hamilton and the Kerns Road area in Burlington, and may have lived in either area.

On June 26, 2003, two women luckily escaped under similar circumstances. A 35-year-old woman was picked up at the corner of Wilson and Emerald in Hamilton. She became suspicious when the man drove into Burlington''.

This profile was released for an active serial-rapist in the Hamilton area. At least 11 victims, one is Felicia.

Rapist and killer profiled as young, intelligent, 'driven'

According to the article, police are looking for a "power assertive rapist, " . He is intelligent, possibly an abusive spouse and is "motivated by his need to dominate women" and he is becoming more sophisticated.

So in my opinion this is gender-based violence and I wonder if risk factors for GBV could help identify him too.

This profile was released for an active serial-rapist in the Hamilton area. At least 11 victims, one is Felicia.

Rapist and killer profiled as young, intelligent, 'driven'

According to the article, police are looking for a "power assertive rapist, " . He is intelligent, possibly an abusive spouse and is "motivated by his need to dominate women" and he is becoming more sophisticated.

So in my opinion this is gender-based violence and I wonder if risk factors for GBV could help identify him too.
Welcome to Ws ladywithafan, thanks for the very interesting article!

From the 2012 link..

''Police profilers have identified four basic types of rapist. There's the "power reassurance rapist, " also known as the "gentleman rapist." He's calm, socially inept and indirect -- he'll sneak into a victim's house to sexually assault her.

The "anger retaliatory" rapist is the weirdo who snaps. He's raping women to get even with them for some perceived slight.
The "anger excitation" rapist is sexually gratified by inflicting physical and emotional pain on his victims. Paul Bernardo is a classic example.

The man Project Advocate is looking for is a "power assertive rapist, " says Hrab, who has been trained in profiling.''

Hello everyone,

My name is Danielle Floriani. When I was 1, my sister, Felicia, ran away from her group home. We never saw or heard from her again. A farmer discovered her body at the back of his field one day after having an urge to go clean up all the garbage thrown from passing cars. (This guy was weird, we spent the day with him and he explained the whole situation to us, I just found it really weird. If anyone would like further details, I am more than willing to share the story, it honestly sounds like something out of a movie.)

The reason I'm posting on this thread is to say thank you. Few people know about my sister's case, and her case got little air time, so thank you for not forgetting about her. Thank you for continuing to work to find out what happened and bring her justice, even thought it's been almost 20 years.

I grew up not knowing a lot about my sister or her case; we didn't talk about her much at home since it's a really soft spot for my dad, so seeing there are people who still care about her and still want justice for her is really heart-warming. Although I know little about her case or what really happened to her, I am more than willing to answer any question anyone has or provide as much info as you guys would like and I can. I've always felt so helpless when it comes to helping her, since I was so little when she passed away and I couldn't stand up for her or get her name out there, my parents didn't want to do any interviews or get involved with the media too much. Seeing as my brother and I were both under the ages of 5 they thought it would be too much for us, and they trusted the cops to find the person who did this. While this may have worked, my brother and I were able to continue our lives with little to no disruptions, it also led to few people knowing about her case and slowly all leads went cold.

So if you guys have any question about Felicia, who she was or what her life was like, please don't be shy to ask. I would love to get more of a narrative out about who she really was, because right now all you can find is a drug addicted sex worker. I think there's a lot we could all learn through her story and I would love the chance to get it out there.

Thank you guys again for all your work, it means a lot to know people are still thinking about her and thank you to anyone who has a question, gives me time to gush about her. I don't really have any where, or any one with who, I can talk about my sister, so finding a whole forum where people are talking about her is just beautiful to see.

Please keep up the hard work, not just for Filly, but for any cold case. From the stand point of the family, it means so much to know there are people who will not let your loved ones name be forgotten.

It was amazing to look through all the posts, seeing all the time you guys have put into looking at her case. It really made me smile and feel a little bit better about this situation. I just always assumed no one was really talking about her case, so to see this really lifted a weight off my shoulders. At least there are people who know and are talking about her, at least she's not forgotten.

Thank you all again,
Danielle

Hello everyone,

My name is Danielle Floriani. When I was 1, my sister, Felicia, ran away from her group home. We never saw or heard from her again. A farmer discovered her body at the back of his field one day after having an urge to go clean up all the garbage thrown from passing cars. (This guy was weird, we spent the day with him and he explained the whole situation to us, I just found it really weird. If anyone would like further details, I am more than willing to share the story, it honestly sounds like something out of a movie.)

The reason I'm posting on this thread is to say thank you. Few people know about my sister's case, and her case got little air time, so thank you for not forgetting about her. Thank you for continuing to work to find out what happened and bring her justice, even thought it's been almost 20 years.

I grew up not knowing a lot about my sister or her case; we didn't talk about her much at home since it's a really soft spot for my dad, so seeing there are people who still care about her and still want justice for her is really heart-warming. Although I know little about her case or what really happened to her, I am more than willing to answer any question anyone has or provide as much info as you guys would like and I can. I've always felt so helpless when it comes to helping her, since I was so little when she passed away and I couldn't stand up for her or get her name out there, my parents didn't want to do any interviews or get involved with the media too much. Seeing as my brother and I were both under the ages of 5 they thought it would be too much for us, and they trusted the cops to find the person who did this. While this may have worked, my brother and I were able to continue our lives with little to no disruptions, it also led to few people knowing about her case and slowly all leads went cold.

So if you guys have any question about Felicia, who she was or what her life was like, please don't be shy to ask. I would love to get more of a narrative out about who she really was, because right now all you can find is a drug addicted sex worker. I think there's a lot we could all learn through her story and I would love the chance to get it out there.

Thank you guys again for all your work, it means a lot to know people are still thinking about her and thank you to anyone who has a question, gives me time to gush about her. I don't really have any where, or any one with who, I can talk about my sister, so finding a whole forum where people are talking about her is just beautiful to see.

Please keep up the hard work, not just for Filly, but for any cold case. From the stand point of the family, it means so much to know there are people who will not let your loved ones name be forgotten.

It was amazing to look through all the posts, seeing all the time you guys have put into looking at her case. It really made me smile and feel a little bit better about this situation. I just always assumed no one was really talking about her case, so to see this really lifted a weight off my shoulders. At least there are people who know and are talking about her, at least she's not forgotten.

Thank you all again,
Danielle
Welcome to Ws DanyFloriani, thank you for your lovely post!
Glad you found this thread, but so sorry about the circumstances that brought you here.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

As hard as this was the live through, it has also been an asset. Filly has opened my eyes to a whole new life. She inspired me to live my life and achieve any goal I set for myself. I'm even studying for a future in the justice system because of her. There are experiences that I have which allow me to connect with a large group of people and losing Filly was one of them. I want to work with kids in the care system, I honestly believe this is something I wouldn't be able to do without having this whole situation happen.

She inspired me to get out of my slump; I live my life in memory of her. I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today without her. So as much as I wish this situation didn't happen and that my sister was still alive, I'm positive she would've been proud to see the person I am today, and that is reason enough for me to keep fighting.

Felicia may not be with us anymore, but she lives every day in my heart and through my actions, everything I do is in honour of her. She may have lost her life, but she also gave me a reason to have one. She gave me strength, courage, compassion, and empathy. She taught me there's always more to the story than what you think, never to judge a book by its cover, and to spread love in a world filled with so much hate. She is my ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, my guide, and my best friend. No matter if she's on this earth or somewhere else, she's always with me and always watching out for me.

She's not only with me, she's with all of you too, watching out for the ones who are keeping her name alive. Just know that on days when the sun is shining bright, birds are singing, and there's not a cloud in the sky, Filly's watching over you. If you see a butterfly or a rabbit, Filly is with you. If you see purple flowers on the side of the road or randomly when you're walking, Filly is there.

If you ever feel alone or just don't know what to do with your life, know that Filly is there with you, supporting you through your journey, and making sure that as much as you feel alone, you never truly are.

Hi there to Danielle.. my younger sister actually knew Felicia. I vaguely remember her but from what I remember she was pleasant and really sweet. I felt that she got lost in this world but she was just a young girl that got into the wrong things. I know my sister talked about her and told me about her being missing many years ago .. it was so sad to learn that she had passed. I hope she gets the justice she deserves she was so young ..

Updated article today with references to Felicia's murder, also started a thread for possibly associated murder of this teen..

June 28 2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back