1200 users online (256 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Imperial County, child abuse caught on tape

A prominent member of the community in my area was caught beating his stepson on camera by a neighbor. The video was on its way to going viral when YouTube removed it. Here it is on CNNs iReport

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-8002...feeds%2Flatest

If the neighbor had enough time to think of getting the video camera, then I would guess that has been going on for a while before the camera started. And my guess would be that that wasn't the first time.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/qu...,5365378.story

picture of the tough guy that likes to beat up little boys

UPDATE 2:10 p.m.

Imperial Irrigation District Director Anthony Sanchez has made contact with the Imperial County Sheriff’s Office, his lawyer reported about 1:45 p.m.

El Centro attorney Ryan Childers said Sanchez hasn’t been charged with anything and there are no charges pending, so there’s no need for him to turn himself into authorities
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

That's so sad. Playing catch with dad is supposed to be a FUN thing to do. Geez - that's heartbreaking. I hope charges are forthcoming very, very soon.

Salem

Wow ! What a jerk to beat his kid like that !

I am so glad the neighbor yelled at him through the window, I would have done the same or probably jumped the fence and got in his face. My blood pressure was going up just watching the video.
    LE had better have a look at this boy, by the looks of it he probably had welts if not bruises down his legs, he should be smacked a few times with that belt.
    Prayers for this boy...
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

So disgusting ... so he carries a belt in the backyard with the mitt when they toss the ball. The poor boy was crying! I hope he isn't hurt bad. This is not the first time.

I hope the belt "bully" is charged and the boy is examined for injuries as well other children and spouse under his care.

Imperial Irrigationins in Imperial County, Ca ....Very interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernnana View Post
    So disgusting ... so he carries a belt in the backyard with the mitt when they toss the ball. The poor boy was crying! I hope he isn't hurt bad. This is not the first time.

I hope the belt "bully" is charged and the boy is examined for injuries as well other children and spouse under his care.

Imperial Irrigationins in Imperial County, Ca ....Very interesting!!
    Yeah, southernnana! What kind of a**hole carries a belt with him while playing catch in the backyard with their child???
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

He is not the father

According to the first post, he is the step father.

The link in the first post wasn't working. It still isn't!

The video has been removed everywhere I guess - link not working.

Where is the mother? Why is she allowing this man to belt her child?

ETA: Arrested for child abuse.

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/iv...0,272575.story
    Last edited by BrownRice; 06-09-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Added link

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/ant...a-2941447.html

As of right now this link is working. (warning, graphic language and video).

Oh my god. He was HOLDING a belt and beating the child each time he didn't catch the ball.

Neighbor, if you are reading this thank you for helping this child.

I don't understand, if that fella took a belt to another adult it would be classed as assault, if he took that belt to a dog, it would be animal cruelty. But take a belt to a little human who can't because of weight and size defend themselves, it is seen a disipline???
    Children should have more rights than dogs. JMO
    I really respect that guy for videotaping, really felt for him when he started loosing his cool, he could of taken a belt and gone dealt with the other guy, -but no he could'nt-because that would be assault - it's only ok when it's a small immature human thats not capable of defending themself.
    Hope the child gets to see a councilor so he knows it's not ok to be treated this way, also so he dos'nt get stuck with "now look at the problems you caused for the family"

Sad. I don't know how the neighbor could video it and not intervene.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Sad. I don't know how the neighbor could video it and not intervene.
    He did. At the end of the video (about a minute into it) he screams out of the window for the step-dad to stop and then the step-dad snaps back at him with something.

BrownRice, thanks for the two links! Here we go again ... where was the mother ???

I sure hope we get some more news on this - lots of questions!

Kudos to LE for taking action. He probably will not be in jail long as bond only $100,000.

A huge Thank You to the neighbor!!! Now we need a media interview with him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast