CA - Imperial County, child abuse caught on tape

If the neighbor had enough time to think of getting the video camera, then I would guess that has been going on for a while before the camera started. And my guess would be that that wasn't the first time.

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/q...t-by-sheriffs-office-20120607,0,5365378.story

picture of the tough guy that likes to beat up little boys

UPDATE 2:10 p.m.

Imperial Irrigation District Director Anthony Sanchez has made contact with the Imperial County Sheriff’s Office, his lawyer reported about 1:45 p.m.

El Centro attorney Ryan Childers said Sanchez hasn’t been charged with anything and there are no charges pending, so there’s no need for him to turn himself into authorities

That's so sad. Playing catch with dad is supposed to be a FUN thing to do. Geez - that's heartbreaking. I hope charges are forthcoming very, very soon.

Salem

Wow ! What a jerk to beat his kid like that !

I am so glad the neighbor yelled at him through the window, I would have done the same or probably jumped the fence and got in his face. My blood pressure was going up just watching the video.
LE had better have a look at this boy, by the looks of it he probably had welts if not bruises down his legs, he should be smacked a few times with that belt.
Prayers for this boy...

So disgusting ... so he carries a belt in the backyard with the mitt when they toss the ball. The poor boy was crying! I hope he isn't hurt bad. This is not the first time.

I hope the belt "bully" is charged and the boy is examined for injuries as well other children and spouse under his care.

Imperial Irrigationins in Imperial County, Ca ....Very interesting!!

So disgusting ... so he carries a belt in the backyard with the mitt when they toss the ball. The poor boy was crying! I hope he isn't hurt bad. This is not the first time.

I hope the belt "bully" is charged and the boy is examined for injuries as well other children and spouse under his care.

Imperial Irrigationins in Imperial County, Ca ....Very interesting!!

Yeah, southernnana! What kind of *advertiser censored**hole carries a belt with him while playing catch in the backyard with their child???

According to the first post, he is the step father.

I don't understand, if that fella took a belt to another adult it would be classed as assault, if he took that belt to a dog, it would be animal cruelty. But take a belt to a little human who can't because of weight and size defend themselves, it is seen a disipline???
Children should have more rights than dogs. JMO
I really respect that guy for videotaping, really felt for him when he started loosing his cool, he could of taken a belt and gone dealt with the other guy, -but no he could'nt-because that would be assault - it's only ok when it's a small immature human thats not capable of defending themself.
Hope the child gets to see a councilor so he knows it's not ok to be treated this way, also so he dos'nt get stuck with "now look at the problems you caused for the family"

Sad. I don't know how the neighbor could video it and not intervene.

Sad. I don't know how the neighbor could video it and not intervene.

He did. At the end of the video (about a minute into it) he screams out of the window for the step-dad to stop and then the step-dad snaps back at him with something.

:steamed:

BrownRice, thanks for the two links! Here we go again ... where was the mother ???

I sure hope we get some more news on this - lots of questions!

Kudos to LE for taking action. He probably will not be in jail long as bond only $100,000.

A huge Thank You to the neighbor!!! :tyou: Now we need a media interview with him.

Thank you wonderful neighbor. Some kids just don't want to be athletes or this is a sure fire way to make them hate it.

This is sick!

:steamed:

BrownRice, thanks for the two links! Here we go again ... where was the mother ???

I sure hope we get some more news on this - lots of questions!

Kudos to LE for taking action. He probably will not be in jail long as bond only $100,000.

A huge Thank You to the neighbor!!! :tyou: Now we need a media interview with him.

Yeah, he's already out on bail. That was this a.m. I read it. Hopefully he's not at home.

Thank you wonderful neighbor. Some kids just don't want to be athletes or this is a sure fire way to make them hate it.

This is sick!

Even if he wanted to be an athlete and was a star player, he isn't going to catch the ball every time. I was just having this discussion with my son the other day about how Yankees players (just because he knows they are a famous team) don't get a home run every time up to bat and don't catch every ball. It's ok. But apparently not if your dad plays ball with you while holding a belt.

There's no way mom didn't know this was going on.

California official arrested in videotaped beating during game of catch

An elected official in California has been arrested on accusations of felony child abuse after a neighbor videotaped him beating his stepson with a belt during a backyard game of catch, authorities told CNN Saturday.

Anthony Sanchez, 34, a director with the Imperial County Irrigation District, turned himself in to authorities Friday afternoon, said Imperial County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Sheppeard.

The case will be presented to the Imperial County District Attorney's office on Monday on whether a charge will be formally filed, Sheppeard told CNN.

Sanchez, a resident of Heber, was released Friday after posting bond on $100,000 bail, a jail clerk told CNN.

Sanchez is also a T-ball and soccer coach, CNN affiliate KGTV reported

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/california-official-arrested-in-videotaped-beating-during-game-of-catch

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/anthony-sanchez-video-child-abuse-caught-camera-2941447.html

As of right now this link is working. (warning, graphic language and video).

Oh my god. He was HOLDING a belt and beating the child each time he didn't catch the ball.

Neighbor, if you are reading this thank you for helping this child.

The link is still working, thanks BrownRice. I hadn't heard the exchange between the neighbor and the evil stepfather.

I heard a female voice ask "where is his mother?" and the neighbor replied, "inside"

So his mom was inside and KNEW that was going on and did nothing :maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back