Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A missing person report has been filed with the Mobile Police Department for 19-year-old Brittney Wood.

Wood's family said, the last they heard, she was going to visit her uncle near the Styx river area.

(snip)

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...-filed-on-teen

She was last seen with her Uncle who has since committed suicide

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/0...359-vi-132971/

The uncle has committed suicide? Oh dear. That's not good.
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

From the WKRG article linked above, Brittany left her home to see her Uncle in the Styx River area, 40 miles away. The parents "assume" she got a ride with somebody. Sad, sad! I hope she is found alive and safe.

They just found a body in the bay nearby. Well, a torso. I hope it is not hers. But if it is, then I understand why uncle killed himself.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

This case is really weird. She left on foot to go somewhere 40 miles away? Her parents knew this was her plan and that she'd get a ride? Who gave her the ride? Then the uncle shoots himself? Did the police ever get to interview him before that? Why was she going to visit this uncle?
    Something is VERY hinky here.

Very disturbing. I wish we knew more about this uncle...did he have a history of drug abuse problems...or mental illness? How about emotional problems?

I'm assuming the uncle didn't leave a note or any type of message before his suicide. What a terrible situation for this family. God bless them.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

On this map "B" is the Styx River area, and "A" is where the torso washed ashore in Bay St Louis. Without looking at the current maps, I *think* a body could float from Mobile Bay to Bay St Louis.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bay+Oaks+Drive,+Bay+St.+Louis,+MS&daddr =Styx+River,+Baldwin,+AL&hl=en&ll=30.221102,-87.857666&spn=1.207977,2.705383&sll=30.275672,-88.363037&sspn=1.207306,2.705383&geocode=FahIzgEdh KKs-iknnVLSsi2ciDH_q-T4IUj3pg%3BFaRV0wEdoUvH-iGQ7c_8Hlza2A&oq=river+styx&t=h&gl=us&mra=pr&z=9"]Bay Oaks Dr, Bay St Louis, MS 39520 to Styx River Shooting Center - Google Maps[/ame]

I hate to think along this line...but could something have been going on between the uncle and Brittney?

ROBERTSDALE, Alabama -- "Brittney come home. Payton wants you baby. We love you. Please come home to your family."

Last Thursday, Brittney Wood told family members she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her uncle Donnie. Donnie Wood returned home near Fairhope on Friday and shot himself. Brittney hasn't been heard from since.

"Her uncle has committed suicide and supposedly he was the last one she was with and so we're worried about that," says Hanke. "I'm hoping to God and I really don't think he would hurt my baby," says Brittney's mother.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400/
    You know some days this just gets to me. It never ends ...
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Brittney's facebook page-

https://www.facebook.com/brittney.wood.906

Tried to find a bigger version, still looking-
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Brittney has a little girl.....

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Brittney has a little girl.....
    From looking thru her FB page, she has a little girl that looked to be about 1 in 2010 so would be around 3 now... and her close friends are into the drug/gangster culture.

All of the above is speculation and MOO only.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:

Mods, please delete this if against TOS.

http://www.facebook.com/brittney.wood.906

If you look at Brittney's FB page, you can find her deceased uncle under her friends. DH and his widow, WWH. On the widow's public page, there is information about Brittney and her whereabouts on the last night she was seen, as well as discussion about cell phone pings, etc.

The torso that was found in BSL today has three piercings, two chest and a navel. I have been searching for pics of Brittney in a swimsuit.

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/07/...n-bay-st.html#

This article states that it is a young woman's torso that was found, between 15-22 years old.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to carole For This Useful Post:

This poster mentions a tattoo and pierced lip, but nothing about body piercings.

Family and friends traveled from Tillmans Corner to search the woods near Styx River. "This was the last place her phone was 'pinged'," says her father Wallace Hanke. "They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers and we haven't talked to her in over a week. We need some help finding her."

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400/

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

from http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400/
    Investigators returned to the house searching for her cell phone or any other clues. Neighbor Laura Payne says she saw Brittney at the house sitting in a tree swing. "She had the same body type, the same hair and she just sat there. She didn't move or nothing. She looked over at me and I waved at her and she didn't wave back."
    this makes me suspicious that she and her uncle were doing drugs together and she od'ed, not that he hurt her deliberately.
    -Beth In Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Mods, please delete this if against TOS.

http://www.facebook.com/brittney.wood.906

If you look at Brittney's FB page, you can find her deceased uncle under her friends. DH and his widow, WWH. On the widow's public page, there is information about Brittney and her whereabouts on the last night she was seen, as well as discussion about cell phone pings, etc.

The torso that was found in BSL today has three piercings, two chest and a navel. I have been searching for pics of Brittney in a swimsuit.

the article from wkrg states her uncles last name is the same as her last name?
    -Beth In Alaska

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

I hope this is okay to post. I live close to Styx River and also close to where Brittney's uncle lived. Baldwin County isn't a huge county. I'm not sure how long DW had lived in Baldwin County but I did find what I believe to be his arrest record in THIS county. It would not show his arrests from Mobile County, where he may have lived before moving here. Many, many people start off in Mobile County and eventually transition to Baldwin County.

Has anyone seen his picture, dob, etc so that I know I'm looking at the right guy? Thanks!

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lovemyhuskies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    the article from wkrg states her uncles last name is the same as her last name?
    No, T4 is right. Look at WWH's page, it is being discussed there.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyhuskies View Post
    I hope this is okay to post. I live close to Styx River and also close to where Brittney's uncle lived. Baldwin County isn't a huge county. I'm not sure how long DW had lived in Baldwin County but I did find what I believe to be his arrest record in THIS county. It would not show his arrests from Mobile County, where he may have lived before moving here. Many, many people start off in Mobile County and eventually transition to Baldwin County.

Has anyone seen his picture, dob, etc so that I know I'm looking at the right guy? Thanks!
    There is a pic of him on WWH's page.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Yes, his record is on the Baldwin County Jail View website. Nothing major. I am totally confused as to why the news MSM is reporting his name as Woods, not Wood, and then on FB it's obvious that his last name is in fact Holland...? Also, in an article linked upthread it was stated that he was found at his home near Fairhope. I took that to mean the next town over (possibly Montrose, Pt Clear, or Daphne), not Stockton. His arrest record lists his address in Stockton, which is closer to the Styx River location than Fairhope.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lovemyhuskies For This Useful Post:

Many of the reports state that the uncle "returned home on Friday." Home from where? Where was he?
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

I assume he is an uncle by marriage. Brittney is a Wood, who has an aunt with the maiden name Wood, who was married to DH.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast