Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/categor...autostart=true

At the 11:00 mark, reporter asks about parents talking to the media and once again, LE never told them not to talk to the media.
    Two weeks prior to your video, a reporter gives a different story:

http://twitter.com/tucsonnewsnow/sta...80920876023808

TucsonNewsNow
    ‏@TucsonNewsNow

Follow
    ‪#IsabelCelis‬: Dad: police urged them to be careful the first few days not to get out on camera, but have encouraged them later
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    11:35 AM - 4 May 12 via web Embed this Tweet

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Two weeks prior to your video, a reporter gives a different story:

http://twitter.com/tucsonnewsnow/sta...80920876023808

TucsonNewsNow
    ‏@TucsonNewsNow

Follow
    ‪#IsabelCelis‬: Dad: police urged them to be careful the first few days not to get out on camera, but have encouraged them later
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    11:35 AM - 4 May 12 via web Embed this Tweet
    Yep and on the couch video SC said LE didn't want them to talk about the investigation. He should keep his stories straight, like LE said SC isn't consistent. I'll take what LE said over him. Not talking about an investigation that could be compromised isn't the same as not being on camera to get Isabel's face and info out there and talking to her and a possible suspect.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to winterrose For This Useful Post:

I've learned in seeing various cases unfold...if it smells bad and seems hinky it's because it is! Somehow, some way, eventually the truth or at least parts of the truth will emerge. It may not happen in a timeframe the public wants or demands, it might be years and years away, but the odds are something will leak out at some point. Be prepared to follow a case for many years, or even a decade or more, because sadly, that can happen, as we've seen. Justice is a slow process at best.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lark2 View Post
    The media can't write a story that isn't there. They've written all here is to write as of now. Only new information from the parents or LE will generate new media.

This is where the opportunity comes in from the family to sit down for an interview. A personal interview is new information. An interview will get them back in the media.

But again, interviews=questions.
    The longer the media goes without talking about the case, the less interested they will be when the parents decide they want to talk again.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pieper4
    Wow. This is tragic. I'm the only poster viewing this thread. Heart breaking here.
    Some of us - especially during the wee hours on EDT
    Ditto on the EDT. I always check before I go to bed. I went to a wedding yesterday, 5 hour drive there, 2.5 hours for the ceremony/reception, 5.5 hours back (there were multiple snack stops, LOL). As soon as I got home, I checked the thread to see if there was any new news or information - every time I log in, I pray that THIS TIME will be the time that Isa's been found. It reminds me of the Einstein quote about insanity:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results."

I guess we're all insane! Maybe hoping is insane, but I still have hope that Isa is alive, well, and safe. I just pray that's the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes
    DH and I have a long weekend trip planned later this month for our anniversary (41st).
    Congratulations, BDE!

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Galadriel For This Useful Post:

Re-reading old articles. Thought this was interesting (BBM):

KGUN9 contacted CPS, which confirmed it was "working closely with law enforcement." A statement from the agency read: "At the present time, the children are not in CPS custody. The [Ariz. Department of Economic Security] appreciates the community's support and understanding in protecting the privacy rights and safety needs for these children during this ongoing joint investigation."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151452075.html

So a joint investigation - meaning LE investigating (abduction of Isa) and CPS investigating (???).

I would be outraged if I was innocent of any wrong doing and was separated from my family during such a horrible ordeal. They must have something on SC for him to agree to this. How many days has it been since he was separated from them?

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Here is a good link to what to do if your child is missing:

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/childismissing/contents.html

"Don't clean the child's room, wash your child's clothes, or pick up your house. Don't allow well-meaning family members or friends to disturb anything. "

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I have already said myself I believe Isa is deceased but this morning I woke up and I thought about it some more and came to the realization "I" really dont know if she is alive or dead. And "I" also realize "I" dont have a crystal ball and know what happened to Isa or who kidnapped her from her home. But I do know that LE says Isa was abducted from her home and abductors dont abduct dead bodies...they abduct live people.

The truth is none of us know that Isa's is dead. So many thought the very same when Shawn Hornbeck, Ben, Elizabeth Smart, Steven Staynor, and Jacie Duggard were missing. And it shows 'thinking' something is far from 'knowing' something.

I am not sure where a parent could look for their child when they have absolutely no idea where their location is. Shawn Hornbeck was found not far from where he lived when he was kidnapped and had been in that same area for four years.

I was under the impression that TPD did not want physcial searches taking place by volunteers. And most LE does not want the parents of the missing love ones to search.

The truth is the media has moved on from this story. That really shouldnt surprise any of us, imo. I think the national media learned their lessons when so much time was spent on one case (Natalee Holloway) and they received backlash from it because they covered no other cases for months. Unfortunately, there are so many people missing in our country today leaving one case behind in order to cover another one.

As far as the parents coming forward and speaking to the media again, I think they feel that did not work out well for them, and it only garnered them more citicism, and sure did nothing to help bring Isa home.

If the prepretrator has not returned Isa by now they certainly arent going to do so...no matter if the parents ever speak out again.

Isa's photo and case has been out there for almost two months now. Her photo splashed in the national media over and over again and even internationally.

Sometimes if a person knows something that will solve a case it can take months or even years for them to come forward to LE about what they know. I saw an A&E show one time where a woman had known what happened to a victim for 26 years but did not have the courage to tell LE about the suspect until then due to fear of retaliation by the suspect.

imo
    So there wasn't a backlash after OJ because they went on to cover JonBenet...and then Elizabeth Smart...and then Laci Peterson...and then Natalee Holloway...and how do you explain all the coverage Caylee's case got if there was a backlash from NH? I don't think Isabel's case not receiving excessive coverage for months (or even years) has anything to do with NH.

Also, there are still plenty of people who don't know who Isabel is or wouldn't recognize her if they saw her. Also, people will forget if the media isn't continuously talking about her.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lark2 View Post
    The comment that they wanted to watch the parents' behaviour was an actual quote by the chief in a print article. It is linked up-thread. It was an actual quote, not from a press conference.
    This has come up before. I don't remember the printed article, however, I do remember nursebeeme and Shay0903 were transcribing the 4-22-12 press conference with Chief Villasenor as it happened and they transcribed him as saying they were "watching the parents' emotions."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=386
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CarolAnn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolAnn View Post
    This has come up before. I don't remember the printed article, however, I do remember nursebeeme and Shay0903 were transcribing the 4-22-12 press conference with Chief Villasenor as it happened and they transcribed him as saying they were "watching the parents' emotions."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=386
    Yay! Ahhhhh thank you so much.
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

I started reading back from the link above and can't believe that on 4/22/12 at the presser they said they don't have information about what she was last wearing. I think that is very odd. It also said that on one of the fliers too iirc. But they gave info on the 911 call of what she was wearing. Sergio said pink shirt and little blue shorts and Becky said Old Navy tank top and blue shorts. Hmmmm.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #1
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    I've learned in seeing various cases unfold...if it smells bad and seems hinky it's because it is! Somehow, some way, eventually the truth or at least parts of the truth will emerge. It may not happen in a timeframe the public wants or demands, it might be years and years away, but the odds are something will leak out at some point. Be prepared to follow a case for many years, or even a decade or more, because sadly, that can happen, as we've seen. Justice is a slow process at best.
    I have learned from seeing and reading about many various cases for decades when it first unfolds if it involved or involves a missing child/children most seem to think they smell something bad right away and felt something was hinky right at the get go and never changed that entitled opinion. This has occured concerning other parents who have spoken out in the media on a frequent basis who were absolutely not guilty in any way of harming their loved one(s.) But those that thought they were guilty before the real evidence came out were absolutely as sure as those now who believe the Celis's guilty.

I have found it works better for me if I look for actual evidence instead of relying on my hinky meter or assuming I think I smell something bad when I really have nothing to base it on.

You are proably right. We have so many missing persons cases in our country that are never solved. The whereabouts of the victims remains unknown nor is the perpretrators ever apprehended. It just remains a mystery as to what happened to all of these many thousands of missing people who are never seen or heard from again.

It took LE 33 years to find out what happened to little Etan. So saying the wheels of justice turns very slowly sometimes is a very true statement but thank goodness it still turns however slowly.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Some interesting posts from 6/5 on the FindIsabelCelis FB page from an apparent relation to the Stardevant neighbor... More interesting is that her post was not removed, which has been the case in the past for non-supportive posters.
    Last edited by pieper4; 06-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pieper4 For This Useful Post:

Is Sergio sill living in the family home and separated from the family? Where and with who does Becky live? IIRC, another adult family member was assigned (CPS suggestion) to be residing with her and the children.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pieper4 View Post
    Some interesting posts from 6/5 on the FindIsabelCelis FB page from an apparent relation to the Stardevant neighbor... More interesting is that her post was not removed, which has been the case in the past for non-supportive posters.
    No posts there from 6/5 so they've been removed now.

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast