Thread: Dead Toddler Reanimates at Own Wake

Dead Toddler Reanimates at Own Wake

Brazilian media agencies are reporting on a bizarre story out of the northern city of Belém, where a toddler pronounced dead suddenly reanimated shortly before his funeral, and asked his father for a drink of water.
    http://gawker.com/5916549/dead-toddl...ium=socialflow

http://www.opovo.com.br/app/maisnoti...-no-para.shtml

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

This is so sad, for I think doctor's totally missed his diagnoses. moo

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

I think it sounds too bizarre to be believable...but I'm finding I'm getting more jaded in my old age.

Unless otherwise stated as fact with a link or reference provided, all posts are my OPINION only.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    That is just too weird. Is there any proof that this really happened?

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I just saw the the healine of it then posted. I don't read spanish but I linked to that also.

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1578283.html

The entire family thought they had witnessed a miracle and that Kelvin had in fact come back to life. But a few seconds later, the little boy's body fell back in the casket and the family couldn't wake him up again.

The boy was rushed back to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a second time.

"Dead people don't just wake up and talk," said Antonio Santos, the boy's father according to The Daily Mail. "I'm determined to find out the truth."
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, Mr Santos has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation
    He said: 'Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn't examine him properly. Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1xE5zjojC
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I'm worried the kid has cataplexy and may not be dead at all, even the second time around. Apparently they don't embalm there, so if he does in fact have cataplexy and the stress of the pneumonia threw him in a cataplexic state, he could very well wake up in his coffin, underground. There have been cases of people being dead, taken to the morgue, and waking up in a drawer just in time to avoid autopsy. After his first "waking", if that were my child, I'd want more definitive proof he's dead, like rigor mortis, livitity, and decomp before I believed it.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MayraMM For This Useful Post:

Goodness, I hope the little one has truly passed on and won't awake trapped in a coffin. Nightmares ahead.

Prayers for the family.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:

Ok....thanks for the nightmare fuel...(shudder)

RIP McStays

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the seeker For This Useful Post:

Thank goodness they didn't opt for cremation!

Google translator

The case of a boy who woke up in her own wake is being investigated by the Civil Police of Belem do Para Kelvin Boy Santos, two years and three months, was pronounced dead by Abelardo Santos Hospital in the District of Icoaraci. According to the medical report, the cause of death was respiratory failure, dehydration and pneumonia.

The child's funeral took place on Saturday, two, and what happened shocked those present. The boy's father allegedly killed said he agreed and said he wanted water. Relatives arrived to comment before it happened that the boy seemed to breathe. Then the boy was taken by the family to a health facility near the site of the funeral, but would have come to the unit dead. According to his father, Antonio Santos, the doctor made a new assessment and ensured that the boy was not really alive.

Kelvin was buried on the evening of Saturday. The family tried to postpone the funeral to see if it raised again. The father tells the boy that led to the hospital where he was admitted to 15h34 from Friday, 1 with fever and shortness of breath.

The boy also suffered a cardiac arrest during the night, when he was in the hospital. The death certificate shows he died at 19:40. The hospital also helped at the funeral of the child because the family could not afford to pay for burial costs.

The father blames the Aberaldo Santos Hospital for evaluation. He filed a police precinct in Icoaraci to clarify the case. The State Health Department said the child came to the hospital in serious condition and were made all resuscitation procedures, but he could not resist. The secretariat confirms the information given on the death certificate.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post: