1342 users online (298 members and 1044 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Authorities: Woman gambled grandson's college fund

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...popular_viewed

A 73-year-old woman has been found in Louisiana after being charged with stealing and gambling away $97,000 from a trust fund for her grandson's college education, authorities said, but she may never return to Indiana for prosecution.

Edna Sue Pate was wanted in Indiana, where the charges were filed, but authorities there said they would not have her brought there to face the charges. Officials in that state had been ordered to extradite her only if she was found in a surrounding state, which would not include Louisiana.
    ------

Smith's father, Tom Smith, who is a private investigator in Griffith, said he wasn't surprised by the decision because he knew Lake County authorities would extradite the woman only from surrounding states because of the expense. He said he found out several months ago she was in Louisiana and asked the Lake County prosecutor's office to extradite her.

"I tried to pressure them. I picketed. I did an e-mail campaign to the Lake County Prosecutor's Office," he said. "If I call them I get routed to voice mail."

More at link.....

Huh? so it's OK to steal 97K from your grandson so long as you move far enough away?

This is wrong in so many ways.

Wow, how frustrating for the kid's parents, and how unfortunate that she was a trustee.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick