NC - Brittini Ward, 25, raped & murdered, Charlotte, 5 May 2010

lovelydork

Reaction score
A young woman was allegedly murdered by her mother and cousin, but I can't seem to find much info on the case. If anybody else can dig up anything feel free to post/discuss! Thank you :)

Quote:
"Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty against a man accused of killing his teen cousin earlier this year following an alleged affair with the teen's mother.

Derek Ward was charged on Tuesday, May 25th with murder and first-degree rape in the death of Brittini Lauren Ward.

Her mother, Dawn Michelle Ward, was also charged with murder, accessory after the fact to a felony, and incest.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, the incest charge stems from Dawn Ward's alleged relationship with her nephew, Derek Ward.

During a Rule 24 hearing on Thursday, July 29th, the Mecklenburg County District Attorney said it will pursue the case as a capital trial against Derek Ward, but not for Dawn Ward.

Dawn Ward is scheduled to appear in court on August 26th, and Derek Ward will appear in court on September 23rd.

Brittini Ward was found dead inside her south Charlotte apartment at 8101 Providence Court Lane on May 5th.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Derek Ward also lived at the same address as Brittini Ward.

An obituary published on Legacy.com said Brittini Ward formerly lived in Irmo, SC, and was born in Ridgewood, NJ.

The obituary also said "Brittini's smile brightened and enlightened all around her, displaying both physical and inner beauty to others."

She attended the Irmo, St. Andrews, and Sardis congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, Legacy.com said. "

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12546388

What a pretty girl, this is so so sad that her momster did this to her. How could anyone possibly put anyone above their own child?

This is a 2010 case. I haven't located a current thread, but now we need to wait for the cousin's trial.

fran

Woman cleared of murder, incest charges after two-year fight

Posted: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 8, 2012

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — After two years, a mother charged with killing her 23-year-old daughter and having a sexual relationship with her own nephew has been cleared of criminal charges

more at link .................... http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/woman-cleared-murder-incest-charges-after-two-year/nLPDR/

From your link Fran, how awful :( :

Prosecutors said Derek Ward had come to live with his aunt and her children and had been seen choking Brittany several times before they found her dead. Prosecutors said they believe Derek Ward raped and strangled the girl because he believed she was possessed.

He is still facing a murder charge, but he is in Central Prison and is not competent to stand trial.

Prosecutors said Dawn Ward had admitted having a sexual relationship with Derek, but they dismissed the incest charge against her because he is not a blood relative.

--

JMO

I worked with her for many years. I can't understand for the life of me why -at the very minimum- she would participate in the concealment of her daughter's dead body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back