Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1497

Thread: ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I doubt the story (mostly because lawyers/professionals would not normally go public with such info), but ... if the wife is as you say, then i'd think that the info coming out would be slanted more against LRM. As it is, seems to be me it could possibly be beneficial to him instead.
    How so? The gist of the story is his "confession" to the kitten crimes, with a bunch of nutjob-like talk and gratuitous sex scenes (all surprisingly without all that many typos and grammatical errors).

What's your angle on it?
    Last edited by Sealuzna; 06-13-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sealuzna View Post
    Soooo... am I the only one who doubts Romeo Salta's story? Am I the only one who finds it a bit more than a coincidence that his wife is a very outspoken animal activist?
    i doubted it a bit at first.. but having read it a few times.. it is in the manner that LRM writes.. some of the 42 abuses scream his personality.. and its just to elaborate for anyone BUT lm to have created..

why would the lawyer create such a wild story, which can be considered liable/slander if untrue, about a serial killer in another country. and go through so much effort in it

As entertaining as it is to speculate about his mental state, LM premeditated the crime, went through with it, and then fled. An unhappy abusive upbringing doesn't excuse his actions so much as offer a cautionary tale that benefits breaking those cycles of violence, isolation and abuse. Also, the victim's choice of kink isn't that unusual, so if he was into a little slap and tickle then so be it. It doesn't disrespect him to bring it up, and it also doesn't imply he deserved the events involved in his murder on the basis of lifestyle choice. Just my 0.02.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pingpattern For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DD_bwest View Post
    i doubted it a bit at first.. but having read it a few times.. it is in the manner that LRM writes.. some of the 42 abuses scream his personality.. and its just to elaborate for anyone BUT lm to have created..

why would the lawyer create such a wild story, which can be considered liable/slander if untrue, about a serial killer in another country. and go through so much effort in it
    Why would so many people and organizations create fake facebook pages, websites, email addresses, blog sign-ons and posts, photo albums, letters to police agencies, YouTube videos, etc etc for so many years?

Kittens.

Libel and slander are the least of least of Luka's worries now, and Mr. Salta knows it. That's why he waited to release the info until today. It's not as if Luka's going to lawyer up and sue him in a N.Y. court.

Soooo... am I the only one who doubts Romeo Salta's story? Am I the only one who finds it a bit more than a coincidence that his wife is a very outspoken animal activist?
    i dont know....
    i mean for him to flat out lie about his dealings with LM and completely fabricate those emails and obtain and photoshop that picture?

that is an awful lot of lying to the world for an officer of the court.....by him lying like that he could put his name and career in the sh.tter....

i dont think he is lying at all...
    dum spiro, spero

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

I'm curiuos about the lawyer's comment that LM wanted the story of his abuse out there. When did LM tell him this?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigh Sister For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by prima.facie View Post
    i dont know....
    i mean for him to flat out lie about his dealings with LM and completely fabricate those emails and obtain and photoshop that picture?

that is an awful lot of lying to the world for an officer of the court.....by him lying like that he could put his name and career in the sh.tter
    It's about 2 hours worth of work, and now that Luka won't be seeing daylight for a while, I don't think he's too concerned about being hauled in front of the N.Y. lawyer's society as being the state's first dishonest lawyer for it, nor for his obvious breach of client-solicitor privilege.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

nao

I have been following this case and just wanted to chime in and thank EVERYONE for their input. A lot of good points being made. I think we aren't even close to discovering everything going on with this case but you all are doing an amazing job.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angela For This Useful Post:

It's about 2 hours worth of work, and now that Luka won't be seeing daylight for a while, I don't think he's too concerned about being hauled in front of the N.Y. lawyer's society as being the first dishonest lawyer for it, nor for his obvious breach of client-solicitor privilege.
    but he is an officer of the court (Member of the New York State Bar since 1981
    Member of the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York)...

he is not some random anonymous person saying "LM stayed in my room while i boinked him for 2 nights and this is my story"...

those words he said to the reporter are there FOREVER.....you really think he would risk his name and his career (he has his own firm) over some POS like luka by fabricating a huge story complete with picture?

i just dont see that....
    dum spiro, spero

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    I'm curiuos about the lawyer's comment that LM wanted the story of his abuse out there. When did LM tell him this?
    He didn't.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

Why would so many people and organizations create fake facebook pages, websites, email addresses, blog sign-ons and posts, photo albums, letters to police agencies, YouTube videos, etc etc for so many years?

Kittens.

Libel and slander are the least of least of Luka's worries now, and Mr. Salta knows it. That's why he waited to release the info until today. It's not as if Luka's going to lawyer up and sue him in a N.Y. court.
    i think your missing the point.. he stand nothing to gain from making up a story about lrm talking to him a year and a half ago, and creating these emails. why would he go to the great lengths of creating that picture?

the only person that would have anything to gain and have clear motive is LRM, either in creating a BS story, being a complete lunatic, or in the billion to one chance there really is a manny.

edit: as someone also mentioned.. He risks getting in major trouble with the BAR. if lrm didnt sit in his office, tell him this story, and that he wants it released if **** hits the fan. then he could face major career issues

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

but he is an officer of the court (Member of the New York State Bar since 1981
    Member of the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York)...

he is not some random anonymous person saying "LM stayed in my room while i boinked him for 2 nights and this is my story"...

those words he said to the reporter are there FOREVER.....you really think he would risk his name and his career (he has his own firm) over some POS like luka by fabricating a huge story complete with picture?

i just dont see that....
    Yes, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherina View Post
    I'm not defending that but he says Luka wanted that out there.

See these comments under the story
    According to this, he did. Or are you saying the lawyer is lying?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigh Sister For This Useful Post:

OEJ

i think your missing the point.. he stand nothing to gain from making up a story about lrm talking to him a year and a half ago, and creating these emails. why would he go to the great lengths of creating that picture?

the only person that would have anything to gain and have clear motive is LRM, either in creating a BS story, being a complete lunatic, or in the billion to one chance there really is a manny.
    Why do you think this officer of the court breached his client's confidentiality by running, not to the police during an international manhunt, but to a journalist over a year later?

I'm open to hearing what possible legitimate reason anyone thinks this guy had for committing one of the most basic ethical violations of the legal advocacy system.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

He didn't.
    Why do you think this officer of the court breached his client's confidentiality by running, not to the police during an international manhunt, but to a journalist over a year later?

I'm open to hearing what possible legitimate reason anyone thinks this guy had for committing one of the most basic ethical violations of the legal advocacy system.
    The attorney says in the comment section that LM wanted the story of the kittens "disseminated" and that he wanted his story of abuse told....

FWIW lol
    dum spiro, spero

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Thank you! I hadn't seen that.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

Yes, I do.
    well like anything else in this BIZARE case...anything is possible...at this point i wouldn't be surprised if a story surfaces saying that luka was a secret member of the illuminati and was once seen at the bilderberg mtg....

dum spiro, spero

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

Why do you think this officer of the court breached his client's confidentiality by running, not to the police during an international manhunt, but to a journalist?

How bout lrm asked him to? thats a thousand times more plausible that then lawyer created the entire thing.. for reasons you have yet to name..

it is possible the are in on it TOGETHER, as part of a broader long term defense of insanity, or that there really is a manny.. but thats getting a little out there..

if he goes to to police or the media, without LRM's wishes. he gets in major trouble. he goes to the media cause he says thats what LRM tells him to..

and how did the lawyer get the means to doctor up a photo of LRM, or even get a real photo of a beaten up LRM(i dont think its real but could be i guess..)

33. The Following User Says Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

The attorney says in the comment section that LM wanted the story of the kittens "disseminated" and that he wanted his story of abuse told....

FWIW lol
    I just read through the comments and I don't see where he said LM wanted the story of the kittens disseminated. Only the story of his abuse.

FWIW lol
    lol My BS-O-Meter is tighly in the red zone on that.

CNN would have loved this story, but putting it on an ezine? This lawyer should be disbarred for stupidity IMHO.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    I just read through the comments and I don't see where he said LM wanted the story of the kittens disseminated. Only the story of his abuse.
    the kittens are part of the abuse, because according the the lawyer/emails, "manny" forced lrm to make the kitten videos

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

well like anything else in this BIZARE case...anything is possible...at this point i wouldn't be surprised if a story surfaces saying that luka was a secret member of the illuminati and was once seen at the bilderberg mtg....

Me either!

How bout lrm asked him to? thats a thousand times more plausible that then lawyer created the entire thing.. for reasons you have yet to name..

it is possible the are in on it TOGETHER, as part of a broader long term defense of insanity, or that there really is a manny.. but thats getting a little out there..

if he goes to to police or the media, without LRM's wishes. he gets in major trouble. he goes to the media cause he says thats what LRM tells him to..

and how did the lawyer get the means to doctor up a photo of LRM, or even get a real photo of a beaten up LRM(i dont think its real but could be i guess..)
    i wanted to piggyback your post....

while this may sound like im showing sympathy for luka aka POS, im not....
    BUT to step outside of the box of our anger and digust......the likelyhood that LM was a victim (of his parents, johns, relationships, etc) thurout his life is VERY VERY VERY plausible. it does not make an excuse for what he has done but it explains what he became and what he has done.

im not sure why people cant believe that many of his writings could very well be self-confessions........even horrible horrible people need an outlet and many people use writing as an outlet.

while LM has proven to be a liar, that does not negate the fact that he also may tell the truth at times too. it does become a matter of "the boy who cried wolf" but even that boy in the end told the truth......and nobody believed him because of his lies. lying does not negate truth telling ever happening.

and i absolutely believe that he has been a victim of abuse thruout his life and coupled with possible brain imbalances...the product of that is one f.cked up person who does extremely f.cked up things....
    dum spiro, spero

41. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

the kittens are part of the abuse, because according the the lawyer/emails, "manny" forced lrm to make the kitten videos
    Got it. Thanks!

lol My BS-O-Meter is tighly in the red zone on that.

CNN would have loved this story, but putting it on an ezine? This lawyer should be disbarred for stupidity IMHO.
    I don't know what to make of it, really. But I did note that the two reporters on the story each claim to have masters degrees in journalism -- one from Northwestern and the other from NYU. If true, not too shabby and gives them some cred imo

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960 LastLast