GUILTY UT - Cameron Charlton, 17, shot to death, Yuba Lake State Park, 28 May 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://centurylink.net/news/read.ph...ass&action=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L4_UNEWS

WEST HAVEN, Utah (AP) — A 27-year-old man has been charged in the shooting death of his teenage brother during a camping trip in Utah.

Eric Charlton, of West Haven, was charged Friday with a second-degree felony count of manslaughter and misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment and carrying a dangerous weapon under the influence of alcohol.

His 17-year-old brother, Cameron Charlton, was shot in the head on May 28 while camping with family and friends at Yuba Lake State Park, about 110 miles south of Salt Lake City, in Juab County.

More at link....

How very sad. :(

I cannot imagine this family's pain right now.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23761040

A man who accidentally shot his brother on a camping trip spoke publicly about the experience on Wednesday.

Eric Charlton has been in and out of courts since the experience and a judge officially ordered Eric Charlton to serve 90 days in the Juab County Jail. Charlton will report to the jail and begin the sentence on Friday.

Heartbreaking video :crying:

I think whether he got 90 days or 90 years, there is no punishment worse than what he will give himself for the rest of his life. Truly a tragedy.

I disagree. A responsible gun owner knows that you always assume the gun is loaded and that you don't point a gun at someone unless you mean to shoot them. I'm tired of reading these stories about the killer getting off with a slap on the wrist. He should have received a long, hard sentence. Maybe if we started taking these "accidents" seriously they might not be so frequent.

I disagree. A responsible gun owner knows that you always assume the gun is loaded and that you don't point a gun at someone unless you mean to shoot them. I'm tired of reading these stories about the killer getting off with a slap on the wrist. He should have received a long, hard sentence. Maybe if we started taking these "accidents" seriously they might not be so frequent.

I ran across a news story last night that stated the brother is now speaking out about gun safety/guns & drinking. I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back