1556 users online (254 members and 1302 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RI - Wanted Sex Offender Caught Coming Out Of Child's Bedroom

Gregory Drayton aged 51 was doing some time after time at an alcohol treatment center. He left. MIA. Gone. Wanted sex offender.

Marshall's surprised Drayton at his niece's home and found a little girl sleeping at the foot of his bed. He was previously convicted of sexually assaulting a 6 year old girl and also a 15 year old girl.

http://news.providencejournal.com/br...-providen.html

So, his neice, with 2 young daughters lets this creep stay with her???

She should be charged as well.

Sick pervert
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

The kids need to be taken out of the home. He needs to be imprisoned for life.

Remarks considered rumor from Comments section in above link.

3:25 PM on 6/8/2012

Commentor says Gregory Drayton should be in violation of probation and/or parole. LOCK 'EM UP!!!!

Says DCYF should be doing a complete investigation to determine the condition of the young children. Says if Drayton's great nieces have been harmed, then his niece should be charged with harboring a sex offender, endangerment to minor children and have her parental rights reviewed.

Commentor says WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR YOUNGSTERS!!!! Step up to the plate government agencies!!!!

<snipped> BBM
    ------------------------------------------

I think THE MOTHER should be charged anyway ... what an unbelievable risk she exposed her children to!!

It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them, they were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there.

LE were looking for him after dissappearing from some alcohol program, probably a parole violation, not because of sexual assault. Sort of like Lindsey Lohan, I would guess a judge issued an arrest warrant after he stopped showing up for treatment.

Btw, I looked up the penalties for sexual assault of a child in Rhode Island, it is a minimum of 25 years and up to life for first degree (actual sex) and a minimum of 6 years and up to 30 years for second degree (sexual contact). The time periods involved mean that the first offence was probably some sort of molestation, not rape. The second offence was probably regular third degree sexual assault (in other words, statutory rape), which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years. First and second degree sexual assault have penalties of 10 to life and 3 to 15 years respectively.
    Last edited by Tugela; 06-11-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them, they were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there.

LE were looking for him after dissappearing from some alcohol program, probably a parole violation, not because of sexual assault. Sort of like Lindsey Lohan, I would guess a judge issued an arrest warrant after he stopped showing up for treatment.

Btw, I looked up the penalties for sexual assault of a child in Rhode Island, it is a minimum of 25 years and up to life for first degree (actual sex) and a minimum of 6 years and up to 30 years for second degree (sexual contact). The time periods involved mean that the first offence was probably some sort of molestation, not rape. The second offence was probably regular third degree sexual assault (in other words, statutory rape), which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years. First and second degree sexual assault have penalties of 10 to life and 3 to 15 years respectively.
    BBM Umm....he shouldn't have been there. An investigation needs to be done.

From Tugela's post -
    'It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them'?
    'They were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there'?
    'LE were looking for him after disappearing from 'some' alcohol program'?
    'The first offence was 'probably' some 'sort' of molestation'?
    'The second offence was probably 'regular' third degree sexual assault'?

With all due respect, this person was a threat to the safety and well-being of children.

Sex offenders do not always keep their hands off of little girls if they are 'family.' Many do not care if they are family or not. If they get an 'urge', so be it.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Drayton was convicted in 1987 of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Bedford and in 1999 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in Pawtucket.

regardless of whether the children he was exposed to were actually raped/molested by him in the time he was there before being apprehended, I agree with the other posters. This mother took an extraordinary risk with her children's safety by allowing them to be exposed to this man, family or no. Stupid is stupid, and I suggest this mother's decision to harbor this SO was just that.
    Last edited by tlcya; 06-11-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Providence Officer Chris Poncia said a 5-year-old girl was sleeping at the foot of Drayton's bed.

Drayton was convicted in 1987 of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Bedford

I really don't need any more info than this right here to tell me this relative made a really poor choice. Period.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    regardless of whether the children he was exposed to were actually raped/molested by him in teh time he was there before being apprehended, I agree with the other posters. This mother took an extraordinary risk with her children's safety by allowing them to be exposed to this man, family or no. Stupid is stupid, and I suggest this mother's decision to harbor this SO was just that.
    It has me wondering if this 'mother', Drayton's niece, could have possibly been victimized by him as well.

As a survivor, that was my concern too. Possibly a victim of this man or another family member, causing that bizarre phenomena that I will never understand, a mother who feels it is "no big deal" when their child is abused similarly because hey, "I got through it"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast