RI - Wanted Sex Offender Caught Coming Out Of Child's Bedroom

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Gregory Drayton aged 51 was doing some time after time at an alcohol treatment center. He left. MIA. Gone. Wanted sex offender.

Marshall's surprised Drayton at his niece's home and found a little girl sleeping at the foot of his bed. He was previously convicted of sexually assaulting a 6 year old girl and also a 15 year old girl.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/06/wanted-providen.html

So, his neice, with 2 young daughters lets this creep stay with her???

She should be charged as well.

Sick pervert

The kids need to be taken out of the home. He needs to be imprisoned for life.

:panic: :what:

Remarks considered rumor from Comments section in above link.

3:25 PM on 6/8/2012

Commentor says Gregory Drayton should be in violation of probation and/or parole. LOCK 'EM UP!!!!

Says DCYF should be doing a complete investigation to determine the condition of the young children. Says if Drayton's great nieces have been harmed, then his niece should be charged with harboring a sex offender, endangerment to minor children and have her parental rights reviewed.

Commentor says WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR YOUNGSTERS!!!! Step up to the plate government agencies!!!!

<snipped> BBM
------------------------------------------

I think THE MOTHER should be charged anyway ... what an unbelievable risk she exposed her children to!!

It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them, they were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there.

LE were looking for him after dissappearing from some alcohol program, probably a parole violation, not because of sexual assault. Sort of like Lindsey Lohan, I would guess a judge issued an arrest warrant after he stopped showing up for treatment.

Btw, I looked up the penalties for sexual assault of a child in Rhode Island, it is a minimum of 25 years and up to life for first degree (actual sex) and a minimum of 6 years and up to 30 years for second degree (sexual contact). The time periods involved mean that the first offence was probably some sort of molestation, not rape. The second offence was probably regular third degree sexual assault (in other words, statutory rape), which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years. First and second degree sexual assault have penalties of 10 to life and 3 to 15 years respectively.

It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them, they were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there.

LE were looking for him after dissappearing from some alcohol program, probably a parole violation, not because of sexual assault. Sort of like Lindsey Lohan, I would guess a judge issued an arrest warrant after he stopped showing up for treatment.

Btw, I looked up the penalties for sexual assault of a child in Rhode Island, it is a minimum of 25 years and up to life for first degree (actual sex) and a minimum of 6 years and up to 30 years for second degree (sexual contact). The time periods involved mean that the first offence was probably some sort of molestation, not rape. The second offence was probably regular third degree sexual assault (in other words, statutory rape), which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years. First and second degree sexual assault have penalties of 10 to life and 3 to 15 years respectively.

BBM Umm....he shouldn't have been there. An investigation needs to be done.

From Tugela's post -
'It doesn't sound like he was doing anything to them'?
'They were family so that is probably why the mother was letting him live there'?
'LE were looking for him after disappearing from 'some' alcohol program'?
'The first offence was 'probably' some 'sort' of molestation'?
'The second offence was probably 'regular' third degree sexual assault'?

With all due respect, this person was a threat to the safety and well-being of children.

Sex offenders do not always keep their hands off of little girls if they are 'family.' Many do not care if they are family or not. If they get an 'urge', so be it.

Drayton was convicted in 1987 of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Bedford and in 1999 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in Pawtucket.

regardless of whether the children he was exposed to were actually raped/molested by him in the time he was there before being apprehended, I agree with the other posters. This mother took an extraordinary risk with her children's safety by allowing them to be exposed to this man, family or no. Stupid is stupid, and I suggest this mother's decision to harbor this SO was just that.

regardless of whether the children he was exposed to were actually raped/molested by him in teh time he was there before being apprehended, I agree with the other posters. This mother took an extraordinary risk with her children's safety by allowing them to be exposed to this man, family or no. Stupid is stupid, and I suggest this mother's decision to harbor this SO was just that.

It has me wondering if this 'mother', Drayton's niece, could have possibly been victimized by him as well.

As a survivor, that was my concern too. Possibly a victim of this man or another family member, causing that bizarre phenomena that I will never understand, a mother who feels it is "no big deal" when their child is abused similarly because hey, "I got through it"

The kids need to be taken out of the home. He needs to be imprisoned for life.

Sex Offenders cannot be rehabilitated - this man should never have been let out the first time, or the second time. Will there be a third release?

grrrrrrrrrr...

Mel

I'm curious to know if the niece that was hiding him knew he was on RI most wanted list and what he was wanted for.

Drayton was convicted in 1987 of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Bedford and in 1999 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in Pawtucket.

I think that is just the newspaper paraphrasing it. It couldn't have been rape (involving penetration) because there is no way he would have been out of prison in time for the second offence. The only way to fit that time frame if his offence was second degree sexual assault of a child, which is what they call molestation.

BBM Umm....he shouldn't have been there. An investigation needs to be done.

Why not? If he was not on parole for those crimes at the time there would have been no prohibition on him being with minors. Like I said in an earlier post, based on the descriptions of his offences and the time frames involved, it would seem that he was doing this alcohol treatment for something else, probably a court ordered DUI program like the ones Lindsey Lohan kept evading. When he took off from that, the court would have issued an arrest warrant, thats how it works. That is probably why they were looking for him.

Edit: oh, ok, now I see what happened from southernana's post. It would seem he was in a residential alcohol treatment program, which would have been his last address. When he left there he didn't register his new address within the required time, that is why they were looking for him. So he was probably not on parole, it's a registration violation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back