'Good Morning America's' Robin Roberts battling blood disorder

Peliman

Reaction score
Robin Roberts, who overcame breast cancer five years ago, is battling another health scare. The “Good Morning America” anchor announced Monday that she has myelodysplastic syndrome, a disease of the blood and bone marrow, that was likely caused by her cancer treatment.

The 51-year-old anchor learned of the diagnosis on what was supposed to be a victorious day: when "GMA" beat NBC’s “Today” show in ratings for the first time in 16 years, she said in a statement on the network’s website: "Talk about your highs and lows!" Roberts said. She expects to undergo a bone marrow transplant this fall, with her sister as her donor.

Check out the video of her announcement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-robin-roberts-20120611,0,198936.story

Robin Roberts, who overcame breast cancer five years ago, is battling another health scare. The “Good Morning America” anchor announced Monday that she has myelodysplastic syndrome, a disease of the blood and bone marrow, that was likely caused by her cancer treatment.

The 51-year-old anchor learned of the diagnosis on what was supposed to be a victorious day: when "GMA" beat NBC’s “Today” show in ratings for the first time in 16 years, she said in a statement on the network’s website: "Talk about your highs and lows!" Roberts said. She expects to undergo a bone marrow transplant this fall, with her sister as her donor.

Check out the video of her announcement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-robin-roberts-20120611,0,198936.story

I'll be praying for her to have full recovery, and hope the bone marrow transplant will be a success!

I wish her the best in this latest battle. I love when she has her mother on the show, 2 great ladies.

She is such a sweet, sweet lady and one tough cookie... but reading this makes me sad. But I have to say: dear MDS, you have met your match... Miss Robin is a FIGHTER.

I was surprised by this story when they mentioned her sister and the fact that the sister was a perfect match. Her sister is Sally Ann Roberts. Anyone in New Orleans knows that Sally Ann is a well known person in New Orleans and has been a fixture on local news as an anchor woman for as long as i can remember. So what a surprise to see that her sister is Robin.

Wishing them all of the best. I know that New Orleans will rally around Sally Ann and Robin and surround them with love and prayers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back