View Poll Results: This father should...

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • be tried for murder.

    1 0.35%
  • be tried for manslaugter.

    3 1.06%
  • be given probation.

    9 3.18%
  • be given a medal.

    128 45.23%
  • know he did his best to protect his child and move on with his life. A medal isn't necessary.

    142 50.18%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 231
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tara
    Posts
    2,740
    I'd STILL be whaling on the dude....
    Proud WS N-LIB



  2. #17
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Initially when I clicked on this thread with only the knowledge that a father had killed a man who had sexually assaulted his daughter I was thinking very logical without emotion that the situation in my mind was first that the victim was going to be much older(as in teen or older) and second in my mind id also assumed it was an after-the-fact situation.. meaning that I incorrectly assumed the female had at a later time told her father of a sexual assault and in turn the father sought out and murdered the man she'd named as the abuser..

    As i said these were my initial "thoughts" PRIOR to my having followed the link to read the details of the situation.. upon my reading the actual account I could not have been more way off base with my initial, uninformed assumptions about the facts of this attack.. in learning how this occurred I now could not be any more certain of what my wholehearted vote would be...
    Moo.. Give this precious daddy a medal!! He was every bit within his rights IMO...

    Id incorrectly assumed it to be an older child.. who had at some point been sexually assaulted and then at a later date told dad of the assault.. in that scenario my thoughts would have been very different than what they are with the actual circumstance of this case..

    This daddy walked in while the sexual assault was happening on his little, helpless 4 year old daughter!! I mean can one even imagine putting themselves in this mans shoes at that moment in time? Could anyone honestly say that if in those exact set of circumstances that they would have NOT done what this father did? Moo but id say the vast majority would react in this exact manner of immediately intervening as well as immediately reacting physically toward the perpatrator that with ones own eyes had just witnessed as he, the perp was sexually assaulting your innocent baby girl! ..i cannot imagine that i for a single moment would not have done the exact same..

    This man was well within his rights.. this wasn't a case of a daughter merely "telling" daddy that John Doe assaulted her last night, last week, last month.. and from there a dad exacted revenge merely on the "word" of his daughter..those were the immediate assumptions id made prior to reading the article.. there is no question as to "if" an assault did or did not occur.. nor is there any question as to who it was that perpatrated the assault...IMO the evidence cannot get any clearer or more precise than exactly what we have here.. this father saw it all.. he beared witness to his little girl being sexually assaulted and by someone he KNEW.. THIS WAS NOT SOME STRANGER.. SOME STRANGE MONSTER WHO ENTERED HIS HOME AND DID THIS TO HIS DAUGHTER.. THIS IS A PERSON KNOWN TO HIM THAT WAS BY ALL APPEARANCES WELCOMED THERE FOR THE FESTIVE ACTIVITIES THAT WERE TAKING PLACE AT THE HOME, AT THE TIME OF THE ASSAULT!

    I just cannot even begin to imagine what this man and more importantly his innocent daughter were subjected to by no fault of their own. .. and the daddy is actually remorseful in having inadvertently taken the perpatrators life from the blows to the head that the daddy inflicted upon his entering the room and seeing the assault.. Bless this daddy's heart...

    Moo is you bet this man deserves a gold medal! Moo but things absolutely happen for a reason and IMO this not only saves this little innocent girl further being revictimized by our justice system(as sadly often happens in the process of attempting to have justice served against the perp) ..nor will she ever have to lay in bed in fear of will the monster enter her home AGAIN to once again attack her(as also sadly does happen regularly for victims) ..and IMO not only saving this young victim further heartache, but quite likely has saved other little girls from becoming victims of sexual assaults from this perpatrator that IMO would not only have one day been free to walk, roam, hunt on the streets where you and It's children are.. but most importantly the FACT IS THIS.. HAD THIS MONSTER NOT BEEN KILLED ..WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT HE WOULD ABSOLUTELY CONTINUE TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT INNOCENT YOUNG CHILDREN THAT CROSSED HIS PATH! ..IMO THAT'S FACT.. and now due to this father protecting his daughter he has ultimately eliminated the sexual abuse that would have occurred to many more daddy's daughters, just as it did to his.. jmo..
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    3,354
    wow, i checked the results and so far, we are 100% for giving the man a medal.

    I feel really bad for him because I am sure he will be dealing with some PTSD issues along with his remorse for what happened. I don't think he was wrong at all but no matter the circumstances, it can be quite traumatic for someone to take someone else's life, even if they had no choice, or no intent to kill.

    I hope that he gets the support and help that he needs to deal with this. I hope his community and family can surround him with support and allow him privacy if he wishes.

    My gut reaction is to give him a medal, make him a hero, give him a high 5 and a "hell yeah!!" but the reality and aftermath of this will be causing him issues for years to come. I hope not but I know how PTSD affects people and it is not pretty. My prayers to him and his family.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html



  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Technically, he's supposed to stop the act and call the police and an ambulance. A lot of cases don't fit temporary insanity, but I think this one should. JMO
    BBM. That's just ridiculous! Any man who could walk in and see his baby being sexually assaulted and calmly say, "Here now, chap! Stop this at once!" and then quietly call the police, has no business being a dad, IMO.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,576
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    BBM. That's just ridiculous! Any man who could walk in and see his baby being sexually assaulted and calmly say, "Here now, chap! Stop this at once!" and then quietly call the police, has no business being a dad, IMO.
    I think that's why it would qualify for the temporary insanity defense.


  6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  7. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,827
    One less pedophile in the world and the guy saved taxpayers the cost of a trial and keeping the guy in jail.



  8. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,186
    FYI that there's a thread about this in Crimes Against Children. And everyone agrees there too.


  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:


  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,087
    Oh goody, a poll was added!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.


  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    92,285
    As a church-going person, I should not say this, but as a parent I say: GIVE THAT FATHER A MEDAL!


  13. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:


  14. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Technically, he's supposed to stop the act and call the police and an ambulance. A lot of cases don't fit temporary insanity, but I think this one should. JMO
    I am pretty sure that because of "stand your ground" he can use deadly force to prevent forcible felony.
    So if situation is as described I don't think he will be charged.
    Just my opinion


  15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  16. #26
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,711
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I am pretty sure that because of "stand your ground" he can use deadly force to prevent forcible felony.
    So if situation is as described I don't think he will be charged.

    My thoughts exactly.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing


  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  18. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    I'd STILL be whaling on the dude....
    Best post ever!!!! And, yes... I would be still inflicting just enough pain to hurt this W@#%#$ but not enough to kill him yet, death is too easy!


    I love what this man did = it says dont #$%% with my family !!!!


    Swift justice!


  19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:


  20. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,557
    I see someone voted "manslaughter" and 4 voted "probation". I would really like to know the reasoning behind those votes, particularly the "manslaughter" vote. Anyone brave enough to explain their vote of either of these I would love to hear for discussion purposes.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."


  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:


  22. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,202
    I don't think that he'll face trial. The crime was commited in the man's home against his daughter. IIRC Texas has the castle domain doctrine. If IIRC that protects him from having charges filed against him.

    If it had been a state without such a law then I would have said not to try him for murder but for manslaughter. The reason I say that is because in a state without that law they have to address the death of anyone at the hands of another person. I wouldn't want to see this man face murder charges for defending and protecting his daughter.

    Do I think he deserves a medal? I think that he has a very lucky little girl who knows that her Dad will do anything to protect her and keep her safe. That is worth more than any medal or parade.

    I can't imagine that this isn't causing him a lot of inner pain. He was forced into the positon that he had to protect his child and by doing so he killed another man. For some reason I don't think he's celebrating.

    I'm ambivalent about the death of the molester. JMHO.

    (FWIW, I am a survivor).


  23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  24. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    I see someone voted "manslaughter" and 4 voted "probation". I would really like to know the reasoning behind those votes, particularly the "manslaughter" vote. Anyone brave enough to explain their vote of either of these I would love to hear for discussion purposes.
    I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

    I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.


  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ohio Man Kills Daughters, 11 & 15, Then Self
    By STEADFAST in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
  2. Grandma kills Alleged Abuser then Self
    By believe09 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
  3. Father accused of raping, molesting daughters
    By SewingDeb in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •