819 users online (129 members and 690 guests)  


Websleuths News

Poll: This father should...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.


Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 232
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justic...led/index.html


    Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."


    IMO Instead of a Grand Jury this Father should get a parade!God only knows how many future victims have been saved,and also any other children he may have been victimizing right now.

    ETA Am I wrong for smiling while reading this article? .................................................. ..Nope IMO this should happen to all abusers of children.So sick of pervs getting slap on wrist and wind up having many victims over their lifetime.IMO This is Justice!
    NO, in fact the first place I looked for this thread was the "News that makes you smile" forum.

    Standing ovation to the father!! I love Texas justice!! Unfortunately, where I'm from (Ontario, Canada) the father would likely be sent to jail.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

    I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.
    Unsure if original intent was directed to be confrontational, however, I appreciate your explanation!

    My only argument will be this: every state should have the castle domain law! If I can't protect my family then what next?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterdance View Post
    NO, in fact the first place I looked for this thread was the "News that makes you smile" forum.

    Standing ovation to the father!! I love Texas justice!! Unfortunately, where I'm from (Ontario, Canada) the father would likely be sent to jail.
    BBM yes!!! I have been smiling ever since I read it also!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

    I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.
    Hey Kat, I saw your post and thanked it, after I had posted. I think we may have been posting at around the same time. Anyhow I in no way meant "brave enough" to be confrontational, and sorry you took it that way. I am not sure what wording would sound better. I just meant that with the vast majority voting "give him a medal" it would take someone pretty brave to post the reasoning behind their vote. I liked your reasoning and glad you explained it. Again, sorry that came across as confrontational.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,754
    I, too appreciate the explanation (if you chose to give one) to any response other than "when is the parade?"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    Hey Kat, I saw your post and thanked it, after I had posted. I think we may have been posting at around the same time. Anyhow I in no way meant "brave enough" to be confrontational, and sorry you took it that way. I am not sure what wording would sound better. I just meant that with the vast majority voting "give him a medal" it would take someone pretty brave to post the reasoning behind their vote. I liked your reasoning and glad you explained it. Again, sorry that came across as confrontational.
    Hi Angel. I didn't take offense or anything I just thought at the time it was can of like "draw your guns partner" lol.

    no worries!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    898
    I voted give him probation, just because maybe someone will think something has to be done, so just make sure he is held accountable if something else were to happen Not likely in this case.

    I personally would like to give him a big hug for making sure his daughter was defended when she was too little to do it herself. And from the report i saw on the local news, the people in his town think they would have done what he did!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I don't think that he'll face trial. The crime was commited in the man's home against his daughter. IIRC Texas has the castle domain doctrine. If IIRC that protects him from having charges filed against him.

    If it had been a state without such a law then I would have said not to try him for murder but for manslaughter. The reason I say that is because in a state without that law they have to address the death of anyone at the hands of another person. I wouldn't want to see this man face murder charges for defending and protecting his daughter.

    Do I think he deserves a medal? I think that he has a very lucky little girl who knows that her Dad will do anything to protect her and keep her safe. That is worth more than any medal or parade.

    I can't imagine that this isn't causing him a lot of inner pain. He was forced into the positon that he had to protect his child and by doing so he killed another man. For some reason I don't think he's celebrating.

    I'm ambivalent about the death of the molester. JMHO.

    (FWIW, I am a survivor).
    i think he just hit the guy until he was sure he wasn't going to get up and impede his removing his baby girl from the situation. i don't think he thought he was killing him. just making sure he wouldn't get up until he could get her out of there safely and call LE. jmo

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,350
    There's no poll option for what I wanted to vote for - nothing should happen to the father and the family should be given privacy to get on with their lives. He was within his rights to protect his daughter IMO, and shouldn't face charges but the medal option is a little too close to celebrating a violent death. A justifiable violent death, yes, and one that I'm not shedding any tears over, but still...there's something a little ghoulish about celebrating it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,573
    You guys are assuming of course that the victim actually WAS molesting this guy's daughter, and he isn't just saying this to justify the killing.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    Unsure if original intent was directed to be confrontational, however, I appreciate your explanation!

    My only argument will be this: every state should have the castle domain law! If I can't protect my family then what next?
    I think every state has a version of that. I'm not positive though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    You guys are assuming of course that the victim actually WAS molesting this guy's daughter, and he isn't just saying this to justify the killing.
    The little girl was taken to the hospital, the Sheriff said the father was very upset he killed a man, and nothing has come out to dispute any of this, so far. I think it probably went down the way it's described. JMO

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    4,031
    I'm not assuming this happened - this news came after the child went to the hospital and LE investigated. It appears to be LE's version that the dead guy was molesting the child.

    I don't find the dead guy to be a victim either - he died while committing a crime.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/T...158452895.html

    ...He said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face.

    That's how it should be, IMO. Let a grand jury decide. IMO, no killing should circumvent a grand jury. Cops shouldn't be deciding on their own. if things are as they said, then I don't think the grand jury will indict.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,242
    My kind of guy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,795
    This father only did what every one of us and probably nearly every parent on the planet SAYS they would do. One less baby raper...I really can't be sorry about that. And as for the father being remorseful....doubt it. The article says he is, and for his own well-being it would be appropriate to ACT remorseful, but I kinda doubt remorse is what he's feeling. He is probably sick that his daughter had to watch him kill someone though. That would be hard to live with. But seriously, would I be remorseful? I highly doubt it.

    This kind of protective instinct is what parents are supposed to possess! Look at any animal other than human. If a child is threatened, the parent kicks butt. I don't know why we read about so many parents on here who don't lift a finger to protect their children.

    Give him a medal and advertise it well. Maybe the next pedo will think twice about messing with someone else's little girl.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY MO - Blake Litton, 3, beaten to death, Stover, 16 Feb 2012
    By Kathee in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 05:14 AM
  2. GUILTY IN - Carmen Ellis, 3, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 21 Aug 2012
    By gregjrichards in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-07-2015, 01:09 AM
  3. GUILTY PA - Donovan McKee, 11, beaten to death, Pittsburgh, 11 Feb 2012
    By Fairy1 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 01:23 AM
  4. Pet Owner Says She Caught Boy Molesting Dog
    By Hammerized in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread