Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Has anybody noticed this detail before?

"Earlier in the week one of the two horses was injured. It's nostril was sliced open. She would have wanted to check on it this weekend," Says told NBC33 News on Sunday . . .

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-ne...remain-hopeful

What? Ashley S., Mickey's good friend, says that the horses nostril was sliced open. She doesn't say how. What the heck?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    We actually live in Baton Rouge. His name is Ray Ours. accident was in 2003
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Grew up there and most are related. Have been away since 1986 and newcomers have moved in. Thought I may have known the family.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K-Jen Mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by who knew? View Post
    My husband is LE, his bro is LE, my sister's husband is LE - I understand that they have to keep many facts close to the chest. But, they also know you have to stay connected with the public - sometimes saying absolutely nothing of importance but reassuring they are still working on the case. In this case, there are so many wild speculation and rumors out there, you'd think they would just address a few of them and take them off the table. You get the idea LE on Mickey's case are not even aware that she's still missing. (And yes - I KNOW they know she's missing - they just aren't acting like it.)
    I agree.
    Mickey's family needs to know more if they don't already, the people of Lafayette and the surrounding areas need to know and those who have kids going to school in Lafayette need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    but that was baton rouge news that was just posted. they said it too. i'm thinking they are just saying that the FIRST white truck that was cleared was cleared, but they should have clarified that there is still ANOTHER white truck in question
    Clarifying facts means they would have to actually investigate instead of getting their news from the wire services.

Quote Originally Posted by laurvelous View Post
    Anyone think that the fam could be putting on a LE directed show for the cameras? As in LE wants their public presence to give off the vibe they've got nothing to work with as far as clues but they actually have quite so they advise Mr. Shunick to sound hopeless in the media while they are getting closer to an arrest?

I'm just living on a prayer I guess that this case won't go cold like so many others.
    I truly hope this is the case.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jujube For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Artis View Post
    Nope.
    such a shame...I really hope they are just keeping hush hush...
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to krisstanamus For This Useful Post:

Maybe the next big announcement is that they've made an arrest and they're announcing the charges? They just want to be sure first. We can hope, right?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laurvelous For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faith25 View Post
    Take the spotlight off and see if the rats come out? Yes, I do.
    Do LE play that kind of mindgame?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

I don't believe the family is "acting" on behalf of LE...I think they are honestly stumped. Or at least, LE is not sharing with them if there are any clues or suspects.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

How did Mickey's horse get hurt? Did someone hurt her horse?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    How did Mickey's horse get hurt? Did someone hurt her horse?
    They did not say HOW but it could have been something completely accidental.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by concernedformickey View Post
    Do LE play that kind of mindgame?
    If they are doing that, they could do a better of job of it. A sophisticated bluffing game would, at least, require some public statements.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:

I'd like to know how the horse got hurt. Anybody who would hurt an animal like that deliberately, is capable of hurting Mickey.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

While it's slow in here, someone posted this link about the gangs of NOLA and it's really interesting:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4016-1,00.html

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:

with all respect, i cant understand why anyone would/could believe the public has a right to know all that le knows...i agree that in order to keep the public safe and to share info in order to get help from the community is expected...le has to use their judgement re what is released...i believe with several agencies involved someone must have the final say in deciding what to share...it will be only what will help them find mickey and arrest the evil person (s) who did this...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nosyparker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    We're investigating a crime. It's not something I can brush over. Mickey loves her animals so, if someone hurts one of them, they are hurting her.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

If they are doing that, they could do a better of job of it. A sophisticated bluffing game would, at least, require some public statements.
    For some reason I can only picture them doing that if orchestrated by the fbi, but mostly I can't picture them doing that. Seems like they almost don't have time for that, if you know what I mean.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

We're investigating a crime. It's not something I can brush over. Mickey loves her animals so, if someone hurts one of them, they are hurting her.
    I know, but we should not jump to the conclusion that someone purposely hurt her horse either, without knowing either way.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

While it's slow in here, someone posted this link about the gangs of NOLA and it's really interesting:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4016-1,00.html
    That's a fantastic article. I'd opened it when it was posted here and today when I went to cull the browser tabs there it was and I read the whole thing. Very interesting.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Not pointing this at you, but boy, the pictures released by LE are apparently full of all sorts of hidden objects! You wouldn't believe everything we've been able to find!
    Yeah, they gave us the gift of a grainy photo hunt to which we aren't even sure what items we are supposed to find. They have certainly kept lots of people who care about Mickey busy with this.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LSUFanGirl For This Useful Post:

I know, but we should not jump to the conclusion that someone purposely hurt her horse either, without knowing either way.
    I'm not. I'm asking. People know Mickey or have heard this before. This is the first time I read this and I don't recall it being discussed.

We shouldn't this and we shouldn't that. What's going on? This seems suspicious to me.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

By the way, why is everything an accident? The way the friend stated the remark, it sounded, well, left unsaid - like on purpose.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by Artis
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedformickey View Post
    For some reason I can only picture them doing that if orchestrated by the fbi, but mostly I can't picture them doing that. Seems like they almost don't have time for that, if you know what I mean.
    If there is bluffing going on hopefully LE is doing it rather than putting that task upon the family members who seem genuinely distraught and as if they're not quite sure which direction to go next. I also agree that any 'bluffing' would be likely be under the guidance of an FBI profiler/psychologist.

I realize LE can't divulge too many details about the investigation but it would sure be nice to hear their thoughts on whether MS's abduction was just an isolated incident or if they have reason to believe the whacko might strike again. It's scary.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

I'm not. I'm asking. People know Mickey or have heard this before. This is the first time I read this and I don't recall it being discussed.

We shouldn't this and we shouldn't that.
    What's going on? This seems suspicious to me.
    There is a lot of that.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:

Mahmoo, did you make it back from the beach? ...and how's your ankle doing?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:

We shouldn't this and we shouldn't that. What's going on? This seems suspicious to me.
    We need a horse person...could this even happen by accident..sounds like a big injury IMO If it is a crime--it goes along w/ BW's stolen bike!

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StacyMarie83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laurvelous View Post
    Maybe the next big announcement is that they've made an arrest and they're announcing the charges? They just want to be sure first. We can hope, right?
    I will be hoping this happens soon. Unfortunately, my optimism is waning...

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LSUFanGirl For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast