Why hasn't there been an arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
If Deborah is guilty, why hasn't she been arrested?

Do you believe LE has a lack of evidence? Do you think they need to find Lisa before they can move forward? How big of a role is the benefactor and their team playing in Deborah being a free woman? How much power do they really have---or are we mistaking TV air time for power/influence?

(BTW, if you think an intruder is responsible, feel free to comment too.)

If Deborah is guilty, why hasn't she been arrested?

Do you believe LE has a lack of evidence? Do you think they need to find Lisa before they can move forward? How big of a role is the benefactor and their team playing in Deborah being a free woman? How much power do they really have---or are we mistaking TV air time for power/influence?

(BTW, if you think an intruder is responsible, feel free to comment too.)

I think there is a lack of evidence. I do not think Baby Lisa needs to be found (I'm assuming you mean her body) before an arrest can be made. I absolutely do not believe the benefactor has anything to do with anything.

I think they are making sure there won't be another Casey Anthony fiasco. :jail:

I'm assuming they don't have any evidence or she would've been arrested by now (and, yes, I believe she is responsible for the disappearance of her daughter).

I think they are making sure there won't be another Casey Anthony fiasco. :jail:

:seeya: That was my "first thought" as well ...

:twocents: as to why there have been no arrests :

1. There is "no shortage" of SODDI's in and around the neighborhood that Deb and Jeremy's defense attorneyS would try to "pin this on" ... and that might raise "doubt" in the minds of the jury ...

2. No body : while I completely understand that the DA can bring forth a case withOUT a body, there is no "crime scene" that we KNOW OF ... we know there is evidence that the dog "hit" in DB's bedroom, but nothing that we know of regarding any blood evidence, etc. that would clearly indicate a "crime scene" ...

3. The "3 missing cell phones" : there is a reason LE wanted those phones ... they searched "high and low" for those 3 phones ... and they have NEVER turned up ...

4. JMO, but I believe LE and the DA know who "disappeared" Baby Lisa ... what they may be uncertain of is WHO helped Deb and WHO ELSE to charge with WHAT ...

:moo: JMO :moo: MOO ...

:please: I sure wish there would be some sort of break in the case for Baby Lisa !

:seeya: That was my "first thought" as well ...

:twocents: as to why there have been no arrests :

1. There is "no shortage" of SODDI's in and around the neighborhood that Deb and Jeremy's defense attorneyS would try to "pin this on" ... and that might raise "doubt" in the minds of the jury ...

2. No body : while I completely understand that the DA can bring forth a case withOUT a body, there is no "crime scene" that we KNOW OF ... we know there is evidence that the dog "hit" in DB's bedroom, but nothing that we know of regarding any blood evidence, etc. that would clearly indicate a "crime scene" ...

3. The "3 missing cell phones" : there is a reason LE wanted those phones ... they searched "high and low" for those 3 phones ... and they have NEVER turned up ...

4. JMO, but I believe LE and the DA know who "disappeared" Baby Lisa ... what they may be uncertain of is WHO helped Deb and WHO ELSE to charge with WHAT ...

:moo: JMO :moo: MOO ...

:please: I sure wish there would be some sort of break in the case for Baby Lisa !

I think your point #1 is a really good point. Finding and eliminating those mystery men would be a very prudent task for LE. It would be a good idea to kill off as much doubt as you can before filing charges. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the whole Bradley/Irwin camp when/if they find out all the mystery men have been accounted for and cleared.

I said in another thread I would be surprised if any charges were filed prior to a year out. There are two other fairly recent cases in MO with no body recovered and it took over a year to file charges. I am thinking it will be at least that long here. :moo:

I think your point #1 is a really good point. Finding and eliminating those mystery men would be a very prudent task for LE. It would be a good idea to kill off as much doubt as you can before filing charges. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the whole Bradley/Irwin camp when/if they find out all the mystery men have been accounted for and cleared.

I said in another thread I would be surprised if any charges were filed prior to a year out. There are two other fairly recent cases in MO with no body recovered and it took over a year to file charges. I am thinking it will be at least that long here. :moo:

:seeya: Yes, the "mystery men" ...

The defense team would have a "field day" with the number of possibilities if this case were brought to trial :

1. The "Handyman" Jersey ... who is currently in :jail:

2. Dane G -- isn't he currently in :jail:

3. The Neighbor SB's Hubby, JB ...

4. "Mystery Man" seen by MT [man on motorcycle]

5. "Mystery Man" seen by neighbors ...

6. The "White Blob" seen near the gas station ...

7. The person who received the "Mysterious Phone Call" from Deb's cell phone the night Lisa went missing, and anyone else who was living at that house ...

:rollercoaster:

:waitasec: Did I leave anyone out ? If I did, please feel free to add to the list ...

:moo:

BBM

I thought they had already eliminated these men, and if not, why not. Even though I don't believe anyone but DB/JI/PN did this crime, because there are no footprints, fingerprints, fibers, etc., I still think it would be prudent since the defense will use these men as an excuse at trial.

BBM

I thought they had already eliminated these men, and if not, why not. Even though I don't believe anyone but DB/JI/PN did this crime, because there are no footprints, fingerprints, fibers, etc., I still think it would be prudent since the defense will use these men as an excuse at trial.

:seeya: I thought so, too, 4Jacy !

JMO ... but I think LE knows that these "mystery men" were nothing but a "smoke screen" created by the real "perp" to throw the "focus" off of themselves ...

While I do believe LE looked into the possibility of these "mystery men", they knew that these "mystery men" was a "creation" of Bill Stanton & Company ...

:waitasec: It's a shame LE didn't run BS out of town the minute he showed up ... he's not licensed to "PI" there ...

:moo:

BBM

Can someone tell me what BBM means? I truly cannot figure that one out.

And jumping off your post to explain my position a bit further......
I would hope they have found and cleared all of the mystery men. Doing so probably added a significant chunk of time to the investigation. Sometimes things that seem like they would be simple to investigate take more time than one would think.

Some are of the notion that since there has not been an arrest, it's due to lack of evidence or lack of enough evidence. I do not fall into that camp, I think each variable adds more work into to the investigation, which adds time.:moo: :twocents:

Every case is different, and while we would like to have seen DB arrested months ago, it hasn't happened yet. As we all can attest to, this case has been very sparse with info from the beginning. It happened a mere 3 months after the travesty of justice for poor little Caylee Anthony. I truly believe that LE and the DA's office are getting all their ducks in a row before making an arrest. If we look back at similar cases, we can ask the same question. Kyron Horman, Ayla Reynolds, Sky Metalwala, Jahessye Shockley, Aliayah Lunsford, Haleigh Cummings, Isabel Celis...and so many others, have proven to us that an arrest is not always in the cards.

I do believe that LE has a lot of evidence in this case, but I also believe that they are taking it very slow and making sure that when they do make an arrest, that it will mean a conviction for everyone responsible for the disappearance of Lisa.

I would hope they have found and cleared all of the mystery men. Doing so probably added a significant chunk of time to the investigation. Sometimes things that seem like they would be simple to investigate take more time than one would think.

Some are of the notion that since there has not been an arrest, it's due to lack of evidence or lack of enough evidence. I do not fall into that camp, I think each variable adds more work into to the investigation, which adds time.:moo: :twocents:

BBM
Bolded By Me.
This thread should help.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116963"]NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Melon - BBM means "bold by me". For example, bolding a quote when a poster wants to respond to just a certain point in someone elses post.

I'm not sure why there hasn't been an arrest in the case of missing Lisa Irwin.

Is it because of a lack of evidence? Maybe. I have no idea what LE has in the way of evidence. They could have a lot of evidence pointing to Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin. Or they could have a lot of evidence pointing to an intruder. I'm not sure.

As for not having a body preventing an arrest, it's been shown many times that a body isn't necessary to arrest and convict someone of murder. But there needs to be evidence showing that a person is guilty of the crime.

I don't see how the "benefactor" and associates could manipulate the evidence after the fact to prevent an arrest of anyone. They were probably a factor in DB/JI not talking to LE, but not obstructing justice as far as I can tell.

As for LE working on eliminating potential "mystery men" suspects, I'm not sure why any serious suspects would not be eliminated by now. I don't think that Bill Stanton "created" these people, but he has used there existence to point to possible suspects other than DB/JI.

As far as preventing a possible defense down the road by investigating and eliminating any man or woman who could have been able to abduct Lisa and therefore prove that DB is guilty seems to be asking too much from LE. To be able to remove "all" doubt that SODDI may mean LE would have to alibi every person within driving distance of Lisa's home. I think that a jury will need more than "We couldn't find anyone else so Debbie must have done it".

Maybe it will take more time for LE to put a case together and make an arrest. All I hope for is that justice is served. JMO.

Okay so I think that the lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are the media-hungry lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest?

I'm not sure how the "Casey Anthony fiasco" relates to this case. She was arrested fairly soon after it was known that Caylee was missing. There was plenty of evidence to show her guilt. It was during jury selection that the case was lost. There hasn't been an arrest or charges or jury selection in this case yet. I see nothing in common with Casey Anthony. JMO

Okay so I think that the lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are the media-hungry lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest?

Maybe we could start a thread about the lawyers motives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie