1258 users online (252 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Janice Haddock-Dail, 58, & Heather Roberts, 15, Kinston, Dec 2004

A NC woman and her 15-year-old granddaughter are missing from Kinston, NC. Janice Haddock-Dail and Heather Roberts were traveling to VA in the early-morning hours of December 7th...she placed a 3 am phone call from her cell to her estranged husband screaming that they were "drowning". Cell records have verified the call and placed the call in Craven Co., NC....very mysterious case.

Here's a link:

http://www.kinston.com/SiteProcessor...&Section=Local

These poor people !! How scary is that !!!
    I hope they are found soon.

Janice Dail & granddaughter Heather Roberts missing

I could not locate these missing people anywhere so I assume it's not posted.

http://www.kinston.com/SiteProcessor...&Section=Local

"Haddock-Dail's estranged husband, Glen Dail, told detectives early in the investigation that Haddock-Dail called him around 3 a.m. Dec. 7 from her cell phone, saying she was drowning.
    The 58-year-old woman and her 15-year-old granddaughter, for whom she is custodial guardian, were supposed to be en route to Roanoke, Va. to visit Haddock-Dail's relatives. Authorities later determined the cell phone call originated either in Lenoir County or within a 20-mile radius.

Searchers have covered hundreds of miles of roads in Lenoir and surrounding counties, and an aerial search along the presumed route to Roanoke also was conducted.

Public Safety Director Greg Smith has said that the investigation remains the department's highest priority.

Police are releasing little information to the public; but investigators definitely want to hear from anyone who might know anything about the two women, no matter how seemingly small or inconsequential."

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    "Haddock-Dail's estranged husband, Glen Dail, told detectives early in the investigation that Haddock-Dail called him around 3 a.m. Dec. 7 from her cell phone, saying she was drowning.
    This is heartbreaking. I'm guessing they swerved off the road, landed in the water and couldn't get out...?? How awful.
    Karen

How on earth

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieKaren
    This is heartbreaking. I'm guessing they swerved off the road, landed in the water and couldn't get out...?? How awful.
    Karen
    could anyone have the presence of mind to make a cell phone call when struggling perhaps in a gradually submerging auto? Wouldn't you think that the survival instinct would be spurring you on to smash at the doors and windows and so on?

Dear Lord, I hope these two made it out, but it doesn't look too promising. So sad....so very sad.

How horrible! I can't imagine stopping to make a phonecall -- too my estranged husband of all people!!? -- when my car was sinking with me and my grandaughter inside it. The article does not mention where the ex-husband (Dail) was when he received the call. Where does he live? How far is it from the area where they believe Haddock-Dail was when she called?

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    I could not locate these missing people anywhere so I assume it's not posted...
    englishleigh posted them, BC, look here

I'll ask the mods to merge.

Thanks for caring for the missing, lost and abducted.

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie

The granddaughter, Heather, is a special-needs child, as well. She has multiple health problems and has to be on oxygen...I'd say it doesn't look good at all. I hope the family gets some answers soon.

I am a relative of Gail and Heather. I wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have hope that they will be found alive and well. All we can do is let God watch out for them. Heather is a very special lady. She has touched the hearts and lives of so many. Continue to keep them in your prayers.

dee

Quote Originally Posted by sexydee48
    I am a relative of Gail and Heather. I wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have hope that they will be found alive and well. All we can do is let God watch out for them. Heather is a very special lady. She has touched the hearts and lives of so many. Continue to keep them in your prayers.

dee

Keep the faith! Prayers for your family. Lighting a candle... Lauran

Quote Originally Posted by sexydee48

dee
    Hi Dee, and welcome to WS.

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail for more information on links you can do for the girls. My e-mail addy is in my signature.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Quote Originally Posted by monkalup
    God bless you, Lauran.
    Even with your own sister missing, you still have so much love for the others.

I sent you an e-mail with some overlays Chris did for Jean.
    Much love, Lanie

I am new to this site but already I can see the love and compassion everyone shows. Tomorrow marks 1 month but that hope will never go away until the family knows one way or another. God Bless Everyone.

Love and Hope,
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by monkalup

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast