Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1040
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
    Live and let live, is my opinion. If it isn't hurting anybody just let it all be.

    I must agree caseclosed, social media seems to be a forum where we hide behind a keyboard and can say what we like about others. Personally I think it is a form of bullying, just because you can't see someone's face or because they don't know yours is not a reason to let go of our social graces.

    I have found this site very judgemental and very quick to attack. At one stage it was like running to the teacher, every time someone posted something that wasn't totally (and in some cases outrageously sympathetic to Allison) someone was saying "against TOS".

    Lets try to be more accepting of each other, both on this site and in the real world.
    Yes, and because social media can be a medium for bullying, I've made it a point of being a "friend" on my 13 y.o. daughter's FB page, and I have interjected on 3 occasions when someone else was becoming a bit aggressive and out of line. It worked, because the shut up instantly!
    *** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***


  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerp View Post
    agreed expat

    someone did mention that once the all details were known, they'd be a lot harder to accept, not that i am basing my opinion on that. yet, hey, when money is considered to be more important than human life, it's nauseating...



    IMO BANG ON. This is where my mind wandering led me to last night after digging around at all the info available on the ATO & ASIC, too many red flags and I thought back to the very little, yet succint, information we've heard directly from those investigating this that I could not wander away from this scenario above. IMO, the possibility of numerous persons being charged with serious high level fraud may just be key for them to get their murder charge that will stand up in any court of appeal. Those red flags, I'm starting to think it alarmed them as soon as they discovered it (possibly before she was found, thinking back to the changes we heard, POI, Missing Person Case, day she was found 'we've been treating this as an unlawful homicide investigation for some time') has told them a lot more than any one witness has yet...excluding possible accessories and evidence.
    IMO of course.
    Parkerp, I'd love to sleuth the ATO/ASIC/Fraud angle more - unless I am misunderstanding, it sounds like you and others have unearthed a web of companies and ASIC activity linked to the BCs? Is it possible to post a list of the company names? Perhaps then it is possible to search for real estate holdings in those names? Not sure how much further we could sleuth this angle but it might lead to something constructive...


  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toowong(s) For This Useful Post:


  5. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerp View Post
    agreed expat

    someone did mention that once the all details were known, they'd be a lot harder to accept, not that i am basing my opinion on that. yet, hey, when money is considered to be more important than human life, it's nauseating...



    IMO BANG ON. This is where my mind wandering led me to last night after digging around at all the info available on the ATO & ASIC, too many red flags and I thought back to the very little, yet succint, information we've heard directly from those investigating this that I could not wander away from this scenario above. IMO, the possibility of numerous persons being charged with serious high level fraud may just be key for them to get their murder charge that will stand up in any court of appeal. Those red flags, I'm starting to think it alarmed them as soon as they discovered it (possibly before she was found, thinking back to the changes we heard, POI, Missing Person Case, day she was found 'we've been treating this as an unlawful homicide investigation for some time') has told them a lot more than any one witness has yet...excluding possible accessories and evidence.
    IMO of course.
    PARKERP and RATIONAL: Just logged on to these outstanding posts by both of you. It always seemed like there was much more to this. That old saying: 'where there is smoke, there is fire!' rings true again. Good sleuthing.


  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:


  7. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    624
    <Mod Snip>
    WHO was Allison Baden-Clay? She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room.

    http://www.news.com.au/national/ever...-1226347315119


    <Mod Snip>
    Last edited by imamaze; 06-12-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    "We, your family, pledge to you that we will have these questions answered. We will bring you justice, because you deserve nothing less," she said.


  8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Keentoknow For This Useful Post:


  9. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australlia
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Keentoknow View Post
    WHO was Allison Baden-Clay? She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room.

    Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/ever...#ixzz1xcnA9UXX


    http://www.news.com.au/national/ever...-1226347315119


    <Mod Snip>.
    OMG KtK - you have brought tears to my eyes! I have not read this article so I didn't know where the sunflower symbol came from. I have just posted that Allison is like the woman next door and that is what is written in the article.
    Last edited by Mani; 06-12-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: quote Imamaze and grammar Mani


  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,152
    I've removed all the discussion about sunflowers and avatars. If you like it fine if you don't that's fine too, just move on by it. Drop the discussion about it and lets get back to Allison.

    Ima


  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  13. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    I think I better stick to having Kimsters coffee today....
    Irrespective of our OPINION....She never deserved to be murdered. She also never deserved to be dumped like rubbish.


  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by willough View Post
    I think I better stick to having Kimsters coffee today....
    me too! it's already looking risky out there! (I should be working anyway)
    at the risk of getting into trouble...I love your painting Willough
    and Kimster...I love the pile of old suitcases. For some reason that made me feel very much at "home" in this forum.


  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aussie_expat.sg For This Useful Post:


  17. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_expat.sg View Post
    me too! it's already looking risky out there! (I should be working anyway)
    at the risk of getting into trouble...I love your painting Willough
    and Kimster...I love the pile of old suitcases. For some reason that made me feel very much at "home" in this forum.
    I wish I was that gifted, that I could paint something so lovely. Just found it googling. The suitcases got me too. To me, it made me think of my family coming out from France.....with their vintage suit cases (as they were pretty poor back then). Makes me also wish I was somwhere, where there IS SUNSHINE, RIGHT NOW!!!! Cold here in the forest area east of Melbourne.

    HUGS.... XOX
    Irrespective of our OPINION....She never deserved to be murdered. She also never deserved to be dumped like rubbish.


  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:


  19. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
    PARKERP and RATIONAL: Just logged on to these outstanding posts by both of you. It always seemed like there was much more to this. That old saying: 'where there is smoke, there is fire!' rings true again. Good sleuthing.
    Thanks Fuskier
    Strangely enough I was strongly leaning towards the DV angle until I started reading through some old threads yesterday and read the one (sorry cannot remember the poster) who relayed the overheard comment from GBC at the Brookfield show where he was telling someone, apparently fairly blasť, that the MSM had found out about the affair and was going to publish it.

    I was amazed that someone at their first public outing (at the Brookfield Show ground where the command post for the search had been established and which he did not attend once), and only shortly after the funeral of his daughter's mother, could come out with something like that.

    I thought to myself if someone can be so 'Teflon coated' against general feelings, and so totally unfeeling towards his daughters and the Dickies (they will read the papers in years to come and will see their father coming out openly about the affair irrespective of what he may be telling them in private) that there had to be far more to this murder than DV, or the affair with TM.

    What a terrible web some people can weave. IMHO


  20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    953
    Ahhh, don't abandon me!

    OK, taking the financial angle, what would be the reasons someone would kill ABC?

    The simplest would be not wanting to divide assets (if any) with a divorce, or the spouse having an insurance policy.

    Then it gets more complicated. Why would it matter if ABC was dead if it were a company matter? Did she find out something shady and was threatening to expose? Was she refusing to sign something if she was a shareholder or partner? Was she threatening to sell her share of something?

    That's about as far as my thinking seems to go on financial matters. All these are good motives. All of them have been mentioned before on WS.

    Are there any other financial motives?

    Also, a financial motive may not have to be the primary motive for a murder, whether planned or unplanned. It may just have been a "bonus" for the murderer(s).

    Go Maroons!
    In jail!


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    Ahhh, don't abandon me!

    OK, taking the financial angle, what would be the reasons someone would kill ABC?

    The simplest would be not wanting to divide assets (if any) with a divorce, or the spouse having an insurance policy.

    Then it gets more complicated. Why would it matter if ABC was dead if it were a company matter? Did she find out something shady and was threatening to expose? Was she refusing to sign something if she was a shareholder or partner? Was she threatening to sell her share of something?

    That's about as far as my thinking seems to go on financial matters. All these are good motives. All of them have been mentioned before on WS.

    Are there any other financial motives?

    Also, a financial motive may not have to be the primary motive for a murder, whether planned or unplanned. It may just have been a "bonus" for the murderer(s).

    Go Maroons!
    I'm with you on this. The argument on Thursday night (if it happened) is likely to have covered a lot of territory. That's what generally happpens in long term marriages/relationships - we bring up ALL the issues and combine them together (we know we shouldn't do so, but we can't help ourselves. We need to prove our point!). However, the trigger may have been the credit card rejection. Perhaps there was a deeper realisation of the true scale of their financial woes.
    I think there is a web of financial transactions through different companies and loans from people that come right down to "borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" - over and over again. Poor financial management, taking way too much risk, and not willing to settle for what they have (which was very basic indeed).


  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aussie_expat.sg For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australlia
    Posts
    1,002
    I value members with alternative viewpoints on here and I would not want to lose members just because I disagreed with what they had to say.

    I do have an alternative belief to the majority here and have posted that re the pelting of fruit etc.

    However, even though I have a different view, I have found respect and consideration here.

    Greg made some lovely comments about me the other night and he is right; I do not like to bag anyone out. I do sometimes get frustrated like everyone else though.

    However, I would ask each one of you to see the beauty in those posts that oppose your own..........diamonds in the rough maybe?

    I for one would miss so much the intelligence and wit of some 'alternative' posters on here and just because they might not fit in with the mainstream, I uphold and will fight for their right to post alternatives.

    Otherwise, where is my sense of integrity?

    Peace Out! x



  26. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nsw
    Posts
    660
    Morning....have we done something wrong re: the sunflowers


  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ollijack For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by ollijack View Post
    Morning....have we done something wrong re: the sunflowers
    NO! its cool ollijack!


  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aussie_expat.sg For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
  2. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1581
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 11:42 AM
  3. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  4. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4
    By bessie in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1123
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
  5. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012
    By kiwijayne in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •