802 users online (113 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Edward Naklicki, 59, Chicago, 8 June 2012

Police dogs were brought out Tuesday to search a west suburban forest preserve for a 59-year old Chicago man who has been missing since late last week.

As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, electrical contractor Edward Naklicki has been missing since Friday, when his wife last saw him as she hugged and kissed him before going off to work.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...-suburban-man/

I'm opening this thread per WS member Simply Caustic's request.

Still looking for more MSM info, a photo etc....

Per the above MSM, family doesn't know what to think....

Praying Mr. Naklicki is found safely soon!
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-12-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

The above is the only MSM article I can find. Another links back to the above article. No photo of Mr. Naklicki.

Trying to link a map of the Forest Preserve his work van was found abandoned.

ottawa trail woods lyons il - Google Maps
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

SC states she saw The First 48 filming the search this afternoon. Hopefully she can chime in with more info when she is back online.
    ~JMO~

Another MSM article with a photo of Mr. Naklicki's van, but still no photo of Mr. Naklicki.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...158633335.html
    ~JMO~

Strange no photo and only a silhouette of Mr. Naklicki.

Also from the CBS article today is the couple’s second wedding anniversary.

I looked for FB info, but no luck so far.

Hope he is ok.

Southside of Chicago...it's the baddest part of town
    The First 48 is shadowing the team investigating this. I'm vague as to the LE agency because I don't quite know - the First 48 crew came into the Dunkin' Donuts on 45th and Harlem in Forest View (right near the forest preserve) and filmed the family of the missing man, for footage to be later used on the potential episode. This makes me think that some more news coverage may be to follow...also, in the article, it stated something about the Cook County Forest Preserve officer not acurately reporting the license plate into the system?

Interesting none of the articles state whether Mr. Naklicki works for himself or a company. Nor does it say whether or not LE verified if he had arrived at work or not. Where he was supposed to work, or whever he was assigned to work that day? Was he seen by anyone at work? Did anyone see him after he left home in the am?

In fact, it doesn't appear that the journalists even spoke with LE and that the info was recieved by family members.

I wonder why no input or word from LE on this case?
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-12-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: add
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Caustic View Post
    The First 48 is shadowing the team investigating this. I'm vague as to the LE agency because I don't quite know - the First 48 crew came into the Dunkin' Donuts on 45th and Harlem in Forest View (right near the forest preserve) and filmed the family of the missing man, for footage to be later used on the potential episode. This makes me think that some more news coverage may be to follow...also, in the article, it stated something about the Cook County Forest Preserve officer not acurately reporting the license plate into the system?

I read it to be Chicago LE not entering the MP's license plate into the system, thus Cook County Forest Preserve LE were unaware the car belonged to a missing person.

(from the link in my op when I posted)
    ~JMO~

Found this:

http://www.powerprofiles.com/profile...CKI-CHICAGO-IL

It has an address, which I won't post here because it wasn't in MSM. The above states that Mr. Naklicki is an HVAC/Plumber. His address appears to be within a few minute drive of where his van was found.

From the map at the above link, scroll a little to the left and a tiny bit up and you can see the forest preserve. I'd guess it to be about a 5-7 minute drive tops from his home to the FP. Maybe less. I'm familiar with, but don't frequent the immediate area.
    ~JMO~

UIDs have been found in this preserve before. Also general contractors are usually self employed and that address may be his home, though you could probably check on Google street view.

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

I think it is his home. I just didn't want to post his address within the thread so I just added the link.

LE released his van back to his family pretty quickly, according to msm, so it doesn't sound like foul play with something occuring in the van itself.

I'm not sure if I think he walked off. Not a long walk to catch a bus from that location. Or if he got hurt walking around the FP, or if someone followed him into the FP parking lot.

I sure as heck wish MSM would publish his photo. They sure do help with missing persons cases!
    ~JMO~

Wow .. there is very little info out there - yet First 48 is in the mix?

As an aside .. spent many many a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in that Forest Preserve .. I grew up just east of Harlem off 59th.. (Course that was over 35 years ago... )

Edward Naklicki, age 59, missing on his 2nd anniversary

(I can't get the vid to play) but here is the link:
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...158633335.html

Synopsis please?
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

Quote Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
    Wow .. there is very little info out there - yet First 48 is in the mix?

As an aside .. spent many many a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in that Forest Preserve .. I grew up just east of Harlem off 59th.. (Course that was over 35 years ago... )
    They shadow the detectives for a length of time, and follow them on to the cases that they participate in. So, this case just happened to be the case the detectives were working when the First 48 crew were following them around...here's a pic of them in front of the Dunkin Donuts....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast