Thread: A Very Interesting New True Crime Show With A Twist Want's Your Stories

"The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola

A Very Interesting New True Crime Show With A Twist Want's Your Stories

Lively Media, a Toronto based tv production company just finished filming
    a series for Discovery ID called I Didn't Do It and are looking to develop
    a new crime series.

"Had It Coming" will follow murder investigations where the victim was
    universally despised by family, friends and the community at large.

Maybe the victim was someone who enjoys humiliating, bullying,
    antagonizing and or just plain driving everyone crazy for amusement.
    Possibly the victim was also a criminal. The victim, in short, had it
    coming.

We have a few story ideas along the likes of the new film “Bernie” and are
    looking for more. If you know of any real life cases you think fit the
    bill (ideally from the last 30 years) please drop me a line at:

tvseriesresearch@gmail.com

Thank you!
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
    |

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Ken McElroy: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy"]Ken McElroy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Bobby Kent: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Bobby_Kent"]Murder of Bobby Kent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Right now the new but yet to be tried in a court of law Luca Magnotta

Why would a TV show come up with this theme if they do not have enough cases to fill a season?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    Why would a TV show come up with this theme if they do not have enough cases to fill a season?
    Sorry, I don't understand your post. Can you reword it?

And how did Magnotta's victim "have it coming"? I don't think that case is appropriate for the show.

Not an appropriate case in the least for the type of series they are describing.
    Life is a terminal sexually transmitted condition. There is no known cure & we are unable to determine how long you will have to live.
    LDMS

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravens_Tears For This Useful Post:

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

Thumbs up Thanks

You bring up an excellent point there. I didn't think of that but you have me wondering now, too. Thank you! Also, nice to meet you!

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_Tears View Post
    Not an appropriate case in the least for the type of series they are describing.
    What about that other one, the one that killed the designer Versace? Andrew Cunanan? I wouldn't have thought to put him in here, though, if it wasn't for Lera, so thank you, Lera213!

I have to say that the premise of the show is interesting. I'll give you points for creativity, but I have no cases to suggest.
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

But he's not a victim and he is not dead.
    His victim surely did not "have it coming".
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Evan's Mom For This Useful Post:

Danny Palm.

Danny Palm was a hero to some, a murderer to others.
    The retired Navy commander took the law in his own hands. Armed with a gun and an extra clip of ammunition, he left his Spring Valley home one night and gunned down a bully who was terrorizing his neighborhood.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/uniontrib/..._1m21palm.html
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

Jeffrey Doucet was shot and killed by the father (Leon Gary Plauche) of the boy he had molested. This case in interesting because even though it happened in the 1984, there was newscrew filming as Doucet was in custody being transported thru the Baton Rouge airport. Plauche was by a payphone, waiting for Doucet come by and when he did, Plauche shot him.

A summary of the case by the boy who was moslested and whose father shot the abuser. This link also shows the footage of the killing.
    [ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f5_1281036313"]LiveLeak.com - A Fathers Revenge. Shooting his sons rapist.[/ame]

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-...alleged-abuser - an article about the sentence given Mr Plauche for killing Doucet. Mr Plauche was sentenced to five years' probation and ordered to perform community service work. He received no jail time.

And then there is:

Lester Hansen (a child molester a man convicted of child molestation, first in Alabama, then in Louisiana) was found in a bayou, wrapped in a sail and being eaten by alligators. The alligators were having a tug of war over the body and what remained of it was retrieved by police. In new orleans, Lester Hansen worked for the city's recreational department, with easy access to children. Ricky Alford was the father of some of those children and was known to be the type who would take matters in his own hands and deal out his own justice.
    http://www.livedash.com/transcript/c...8_2010/169738/

And don't forget:

Daniel Driver, a pedophile who was killed by Ellie Nessler (the mother of one of his victims).
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellie_Nesler"]Ellie Nesler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

As you can see, I have no sympathy for sex offenders and fully support overwrought parents who kill the person who molested their child. Death is the only cure for a pedophile. Sex offenders don't change. All too often, sex offenders get released and re-offend with an even vengeance. Look at the recent cases (Jaren Lockhart, Mickey Shunick) of young women who were killed by sex offender who had been released.
    Last edited by SwampMama; 07-15-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: clarity
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

I am looking for a legit investigator/cop to review what I have on the Zodiac Killer. I found his name (ful name and can link the suspect to Pleasanton California(where a Zodiac letter was mailed from). I can link the symetry to Mt. Diablo. solve the staveless runes code and also show many other connections. I NEED A SERIOUS INVESTIGATOR to listen to me. For a month I have hit dead ends and don't want to go local(but may have to). Any ideas? Forward this to the show, I will talk with them and show a suspect they can not deny.
    I hust spoke with Websleuth Admin on the phone and they don't have time or resources to help out, not until I find Lawenforcement or Media help with this. I need to out this guy somehow and need some serious personael, not just the LAUGH IT OF COP at the doughnut shop.
    Last edited by TimeCop; 07-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeCop For This Useful Post:

Calvin Sneed, shot by parents of a 17 yr old girl he was pimping...
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/w...-runaway-girl/

Ben Fuder and Mark Wegner - Whitewater Quarry Deaths

I would be interested in some media coverage into these deaths.

Though on the outside; unless there is absolute and compelling evidence that proves these deaths are unrelated, self-inflicted, or accidents (as they have been ruled), I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe.

Why:

1) Having been a resident of WW at one time and spending seven years driving back and forth on South Franklin to reach a former residence multiple times a day, I NEVER saw college students walking or biking this direction at anytime of the day - not once, ever. There were/are a few walkers (regulars) and the occasional avid cyclist that use this route in addition to two sets of children that ride down this road and NEVER at night. - This is a route I drove daily. There is absolutely NO reason for college students to ever take this route, and in the seven years I occupied my residence, NEVER saw a college student on this route...NEVER.

2) The road to the quarry where the students "fell" in is: gravel, dark, long, out of the way, and would be completely unfamiliar to anyone who has not spent a good deal of time in Whitewater. They would not "happen" upon it. Though it is on a local short cut, it is not a short cut that a student would use...period. It just isn't. Students that travel use P to get to Whitewater lake and the state parks...this I know for a fact. They do not use South Franklin. This can easily be checked by doing a car count and visualizing if the people look like locals or students. They are rarely students.

3) 14 months - 14 months for students to fall in, same age (almost), same place, both students, both not extreme drinkers but at bars/parties drinking, both having the appearance of GHB to friends and bartenders? - unofficial complete hear say.

4) Dispute over in one case where the wallet was found and why it wasn't on the students person. Both led to police over an anonymous tip?

I just don't buy it...any of it. As someone who lived in Whitewater this seems strange to me. VERY strange.

Campus and campus housing is in the opposite direction, restaurants are in the opposite direction, bars are in the opposite direction, help is in the opposite direction, stores, traffic and everything else are in the opposite direction. The quarry is for locals, used by locals, private and off the beaten path.

For this reason IMO:
    These kids were murdered.

I feel the person is a local, or someone who lived in WW someone who is very, very familiar with the area, the quarry, the times that equipment and personnel start and stop. Most likely someone who has lived there thier whole life, or someone with strong roots to Whitewater.

I feel the person or persons are either part of an organized group, or has a highly organized mind and is with deliberation killing or orchestrating the killings - though I feel the victims are random chosen that night...not followed, a planed murder with an unplanned victim.

If not part of a group there is some reason the victims "trust" the perp - could be LE, could be someone who appears non-threatening, offering a ride.

or

Victim could be being drugged, targeted and killed (some have voiced a gang theory - could be possible? not sure) Whitewater has a high Latino and Hispanic community on the east side. Someone else voiced LK, though I would NEVER do so. I guess it is possible, this is not an area of expertise for me, so I would know little of what to look for except perhaps shoes, cars, etc...

I feel strongly that these kids are being killed.

The number five comes up for me, so perhaps that is random, or perhaps that is something significant I don't know. I am not a psychic...

The time I spent in Whitewater was brief, it is a wonderful community...and again, perhaps there is HARD evidence that says the kids just fell in, or were partying with a group of friends and fell in. To me, the quarry is not a place anyone travels to alone, ever.

Its not. The community is notorious for keeping or trying to keep their reputation clean...though my guess is it is getting harder these days. The community prefers to be viewed as a safe town; wonderful raising families, catering to disabled students, etc... I imagine that is why the cut and dry "no foul play". The town is small enough that the locals are not likely to speak at all about crime, no one wants to step on anyone toes..everyone plays nice, because you might just work for the persons brother whose toes you step on, or your child might be in the teachers class of the husband whose toes you just stepped on.

I simply do not believe it, on any level...though if there is compelling evidence which proves these kids fell in: I live for the truth.

Again this is all my opinion, none of it is true. I pray for the families and parents of these victims in their search for peace.