SF to pay homeless to foster parent puppies

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Posted: 8:46 a.m. Wednesday, June 13, 2012
KTVU And AP Wires
SAN FRANCISCO —
San Francisco hopes a cold nose and a warm heart will help end the problem of panhandling.
Beginning in August, the city will offer panhandlers up to $75 a week to stop begging and foster problem puppies from city animal shelters until the pups are ready for adoption.
The pilot program is called Wonderful Opportunities for Occupants and Fidos, or Woof. It's believed to be the first of its kind in the country. Applicants will be screened to weed out the homeless and severely mentally ill. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/sf-pay-homeless-adopt-puppies/nPTKn/

I hope they make sure none of the puppy foster parents are animal abusers.

I've always wanted a pet who could panhandle successfully.

It's a nice idea, but needs some work. I do hope any puppies are taken care of and not abused or not fed. I do have to agree with wfgodot, most of the puppies will go to "work" with their newfound employers for an extra 20 spot from some kind passerby.

Posted: 8:46 a.m. Wednesday, June 13, 2012
KTVU And AP Wires
SAN FRANCISCO —
San Francisco hopes a cold nose and a warm heart will help end the problem of panhandling.
Beginning in August, the city will offer panhandlers up to $75 a week to stop begging and foster problem puppies from city animal shelters until the pups are ready for adoption.
The pilot program is called Wonderful Opportunities for Occupants and Fidos, or Woof. It's believed to be the first of its kind in the country. Applicants will be screened to weed out the homeless and severely mentally ill. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/sf-pay-homeless-adopt-puppies/nPTKn/

BBM

Wait, this program for the homeless will be weeding out the homeless? :waitasec:

I dunno about this- the article isn't well written imho...problem puppies with those that often have problems, hmmm.
how about funding a program to help lower income employed families/people be able to afford to feed, get vet care and heartworm/flea meds....there by encouraging adoption? I know a number people that would love a pet, but literally can not afford the upkeep.
will be interesting to see how this pans out...no pun intended

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back