ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread#8

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-garbage-c-te-des-neiges-184939144.html
Torso found in Montreal garbage pile
The major crimes unit of the Montreal police is investigating the discovery of a torso in a pile of garbage in the Côte-des-Neiges borough, west of Décarie Boulevard.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...onservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html
Human foot found in ‘suspicious package’ at Conservative Party headquarters
Authorities say they were called to the Tory offices at Albert Street at 11:20am.
"Upon arrival, officers noted that the ... package had blood stains on it," the Ottawa Police Service said in a release, according to the Globe and Mail.

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.

TIMELINE/MEDIA/INFO THREAD

Please continue here...

Here are some PRELIMINARY guidelines. Staff continues to reivew and assess, so please be patient. This list will change as necessart to keep up with the case.

What is Allowed:

MSM - may quote only ~10% of article. Anything more is a copyright violation.

Photos - they MUST be linked and they may NOT be of innocent people - LM ONLY

Links to the Kitten Killer investigation site - do NOT copy and paste comments. Provide direction for other posters to find the comments and you can paraphrase or summarize and discuss.

LM's Facebook pages - They must be his. No sleuthing of friends/family or others that are found on these Facebook pages. Other LM social sites need to be approved by a Mod because of content/authenticity.

Links to the KHolmoka discussion board - do NOT copy and paste comments. Same rule as the kitten investigation site.

Jun Lin's social media sites - but again, you may NOT sleuth his friends or family.

NOT ALLOWED:

Links to sex sites

Photos of LM with unknown and/or innocent people (we know LM doctored many photos to make it look like he had friends - DO NOT post those).

Links to graphic youtube files.

Links to unapproved blogs - if you want to link to a blog - obtain moderater permission FIRST.

Donation sites - donation sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Petition sites - petition sites are not allowed without the express approval of WS's owners.

Please continue here.

AND remember - this site is accessible to those under the age of majority. So be careful about what you post.

Salem

AFAIK this lawyer isn't licensed to practice anywhere in Canada. Even if he was, he'd be hauled up before the Law Society for his behaviour.

Has it been reported yet that LM is back in Canada yet?

Hmm
After seeing a still of the python video, it really makes me wonder if Manny could be real, and he could be behind the other hands in the python video.

That makes me think: I bet it was one of his sicko clients! I think Eric did all the killings for his own amusement, but that does explain what kind of other person might be in the room during that snake one. Or maybe another heavy fetish-prostitute? Not a whole lot would shock either of those groups.

There are ranges of fetish stuff, of course. I don't know a good term to separate out the really gross stuff like some of what Eric (might have) described in those emails to his lawyer.

AFAIK this lawyer isn't licensed to practice anywhere in Canada. Even if he was, he'd be hauled up before the Law Society for his behaviour.

fwiw, I don't think it's too difficult for an American lawyer to obtain permission to associate with Canadian counsel and practice there on a case-by-case basis. Similar, if not identical to, pro hac vice admission practiced interstate in the US. However, the rules may vary from one province to another.

That makes me think: I bet it was one of his sicko clients! I think Eric did all the killings for his own amusement, but that does explain what kind of other person might be in the room during that snake one. Or maybe another heavy fetish-prostitute? Not a whole lot would shock either of those groups.

There are ranges of fetish stuff, of course. I don't know a good term to separate out the really gross stuff like some of what Eric (might have) described in those emails to his lawyer.

I'm sure in the earlier threads someone sleuthed an ad selling the exact same snake, but from outside Montreal, possibly Toronto. I remember thinking there can't be that many yellow pythons in the two cities, so wouldn't have been too difficult for LE to pursue this, if relevant in their eyes.
I personally would think any lead is relevant to build their case.

fwiw, I don't think it's too difficult for an American lawyer to obtain permission to associate with Canadian counsel and practice there on a case-by-case basis. Similar, if not identical to, pro hac vice admission practiced interstate in the US. However, the rules may vary from one province to another.
It would be in here somewhere:

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/avocats/hors-quebec/

wasnt there a boston legal where allan shore and denny crane went fishing in BC, and somehow ended up in a BC court.. i think it had something to do with fish farms...

i would be surprised if he wanted to come up to canada. sure its a high profile case, but after 32 years in the bar, this wouldnt be a well paid case.. i could see a young lawyer to make a name for himself.. but i dont see this guy wanting to.. thats if he would even be allowed which im not sure if he would

It might be noted that the NYC attorney isn't firm-linked and may be leveraging to be so in the not too distant future, especially if he has prior dealings with the accused.

I'm sure in the earlier threads someone sleuthed an ad selling the exact same snake, but from outside Montreal, possibly Toronto. I remember thinking there can't be that many yellow pythons in the two cities, so wouldn't have been too difficult for LE to pursue this, if relevant in their eyes.
I personally would think any lead is relevant to build their case.
It was quite a ways northeast of Montreal. But isn't this supposed snake/cat incident to have happened in NY/NJ at Christmas (right before he saw the NY lawyer?) It's not as if Luka would have brought the snake cross-border to NY with him.

Hi. Okay, I'm new to Websleuths but find all the LM comments very informative and thought provoking. I haven't read every comment but would like to say that although some question if LM is a psychopath, I think it's a very real possibility. He certainly likely has multiple personality disorders. Just because he may come across as passionless, detached or "acting" doesn't mean he's not a psychopath. In fact it may support it. The absence of emotions, including passion during a murder are hallmarks of a psychopath. They lack a true self, so life IS ACTING....and at times its palpable and easily detected. I suspect that is why so many got the creeps when around him. I agree with others who say that LM intentionally used the poster to garner attention. I believe he not only wanted others to know it was him, but I believe it could well be a type of f-you to those on his animal killing trail. Likewise, I believe the use of the dog was another nod to it being him....AND again, a possible f-you to the animal lovers hunting him. Additionally, I wonder if the dog was used in the solitation of JL. The puppy would create a great ice breaker if meeting someone from Craigslist. A puppy is disarming. Someone is likely to assume good things about someone who just got a warm, cuddly puppy. I believe LM used the puppy in part to help make JL feel more safe and comfortable before he likely drugged him and committed the macabre acts that he did.

Luka Magnotta: How not to Disappear

"Magnotta’s flight to Europe from Montreal on May 26 showed more impulse (if not panic) than planning, Ahearn said. “I don’t think he had much of an escape idea in his head,” Ahearn said. “I think (if) he did the crime … (he) thought, ‘Oh ****, I better get out of Canada.’ I also don’t think he thought the crime would become a worldwide piece of news and Interpol would become involved as well.”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/13/luka-magnotta-how-not-to-disappear/

wasnt there a boston legal where allan shore and denny crane went fishing in BC, and somehow ended up in a BC court.. i think it had something to do with fish farms...

i would be surprised if he wanted to come up to canada. sure its a high profile case, but after 32 years in the bar, this wouldnt be a well paid case.. i could see a young lawyer to make a name for himself.. but i dont see this guy wanting to.. thats if he would even be allowed which im not sure if he would

I don't see him wanting to get involved either. That's why I said "fwiw." I haven't even looked at his firm's site, so I'm not sure high profile criminal defense is even among his specialties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82