Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    She can be detained while police determine whether there is probable cause to charge her with a crime. There is no limit to the length of a detainment. But a defendant's lawyer could argue for the release of an individual.
    Yikes! No limit?

I need to befriend a criminal defense attorney in LA
    Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxix View Post
    It could be a sign that LE knows more than they are releasing to the public, as the only link to mississippi is that the body came ashore there, which means (possibly) she is being charged in the murder.
    Until there is evidence showing that the murder occurred in LA, MS will be leading the investigation. BTW, the search of Sanchez's house in Kenner was executed pursuant to MS warrants.

That said, I'm sure LE is working together to solve this case and want to find the truth, not get into a "pissing contest." Hopefully, they all just want to see justice done.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ashsmith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    She can be detained while police determine whether there is probable cause to charge her with a crime. There is no limit to the length of a detainment. But a defendant's lawyer could argue for the release of an individual.
    Are you sure? It doesn't sound legal or reasonable that any one of us can be detained/arrested indefinitely while LE scrounges around to find some kind of probable cause for some kind of crime.

Speaking of probable cause, have we heard about the search warrant for the house? It seems neither of their charges in Louisiana would justify probable cause standards for a search warrant since they weren't arrested at the house. That's one document I'd like to see. Would that have been issued by Louisiana courts or Mississippi courts?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    ianal, but wouldn't there have to be some "evidence" etc etc etc to put in for extradition to Mississippi if she was arrested on "unrelated charges"?

I am thinking they have more than we know...

http://www.fox8live.com/story/187889...murder-suspect
    does that mean "I am not a lawyer" ?

not familiar with that one, and I feel safe assuming it's not some gross new Apple device.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mcmlxxix For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Are you sure? It doesn't sound legal or reasonable that any one of us can be detained/arrested indefinitely while LE scrounges around to find some kind of probable cause for some kind of crime.

Speaking of probable cause, have we heard about the search warrant for the house? It seems neither of their charges in Louisiana would justify probable cause standards for a search warrant since they weren't arrested at the house. That's one document I'd like to see. Would that have been issued by Louisiana courts or Mississippi courts?
    not to mention there has to be probable cause for a warrant right? I think it may have more to do with who is the primary on the case/who issued the warrant, etc etc

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetly1 View Post
    As some people may know already I'm Jaren's "adopted" mom not the dear sweet lady that was shown so heartbroken on television even though I'm just as heartbroken. When I first stumbled across this web site in the very beginning of this nightmare some of the things being said angered and hurt me until sometime explained that it was just concerned people discussing and trying to disect the case. And then I realized it was ok for people to talk and have their opinions because it was keeping her name out there and people focused on her.

I just want to say thank you, for all the sleuthing everyone has done. And I'm glad people are finally seeing her for more than just her job description, that's all we've ever wanted. She was so much more, she always lit up the room with her smile and as y'all can see, she was deeply loved by the people who knew her best! We were not blind to her choices or lifestyle, but you can only hold their hands a little while before you have to let them fly out on their own. After that, all you can do his hope and pray! God bless everyone on this site. And if I was rude to anyone earlier on in this investigation, I truly apologize because I was lashing out through my grief
    My thoughts are with you all. Her job is irrelevant to me, she was a beautiful, charismatic young lady whos story has reached us over here in England to!

She will get the justice she deserves. Please give her daughter a cuddle from me (as a 22 year old mother to a 3 year old son, i empathise).

We are all here and will keep beautiful Jarens story out there.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Willow30 For This Useful Post:

not familiar with that one, and I feel safe assuming it's not some gross new Apple device.

Yes, it stands for I am not a lawyer.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by babycat View Post
    Please disregard if they have been posted, but have we seen these booking photos yet? I don't remember seeing them.

eta: these are from the action news 17 facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ActionNews17
    They sure don't look like people who are trying to fly low under the radar.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ashsmith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    He stays lost for long periods. Something must work for him.
    Yeah, LUCK! And it just ran out. He he....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to missgulfsouth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post

BBM

I'm rethinking my next trip.

I'm actually (irrationally) afraid of something like this. If I walk anywhere and drop some cells or a business card, somebody comes along 2 hours later and unnaturally dies on top of my "stuff", there's no other obvious perp, and I can't account for my time - I'm screwed.

My version of a conspiracy theory, you could say

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ashsmith View Post
    They sure don't look like people who are trying to fly low under the radar.
    I don't think they were hiding. I think they were waiting.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by missgulfsouth View Post
    You read ALL of that since yesterday????? Wow speed reader to the 10th power!!!
    N
    Lol...no no no. I'm not that good!! I've been reading since Tuesday evening but as a guest. I didn't join & start posting until yesterday :}

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Orleans Lady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    So what's she even doing in Mississippi? I'm confused.
    Its probably because that's where Jaren was on the beach. Right? Perhaps the crime scene is in MS.

Jmo
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:

LOL. What would WS be like without a good laugh thrown into the mix?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to missgulfsouth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    not to mention there has to be probable cause for a warrant right? I think it may have more to do with who is the primary on the case/who issued the warrant, etc etc
    IIRC from a news article I read, the warrants were issued by MS. Sorry, but I don't have the link :-(

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ashsmith For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast