GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine a much worse way to lose someone that you love. It is never easy to lose anyone you love but it has to be a thousand times worse when you know they were held against their will, killed and then had their remains subjected to such a horrible fate. Their agony must be unbearable.

Then, in their time of grief, they have to deal with the internet and many idiots who callously spread rumors, put Jaren down for her profession and such. I know they are probably very upset with a lot of what has been posted as comments in some places. I would be devastated. I have seen some really ugly and ignorant comments.

I know some of her friends and family have come to our page and I want to say that I really do give them my sincerest condolences. I am so sorry to hear what happened to Jaren. I really hope you will find this site to be a place where we don't allow trolls and wild rumors. We have moderators, TOS that is enforced and lots of caring members who are there to report any post that is malicious or that is just unfounded. The people here are just amazing.

I hope her loved ones will understand that the reason we are here at WS is because we want justice for Jaren too. We are all here because we want criminals put away and we want victims and their families to be supported. Victims, their loved one and justice is why we are here. Or at least that is why I am here an I know a lot of others feel the same.

You said that so well, SwampMama, thank you. I watched the video of her mama speaking today and I cried with her.

Jaren was who she was regardless of whatever life dealt her or how she chose to deal with it! IMO she was just beautiful. I have no ill will towards her at all. I believe that is how most of us feel... or we would not be here trying to figure out what happened and why.
My daughter will be 21 next month and she has already experienced marrying the ♥ of her life (they met when she was 6) and having him leave her after supporting him through 2 tours to Iraq! LIFE changes people... and not always in a good way!
She has had to learn that she just has to roll with the punches...
The only person anyone can control is themself!

I think Jaren was doing exactly the same thing! She became a victim when she least expected it. Life had thrown her a few punches... she was making plans to re focus and reorganize... somewhere in the mix she got hoodwinked!
My ♥ goes out to her!!! To her family and friends as well!

Well after hearing what the dancer Nand said at the end of the last thread, my doubt is gone. These two trolled for a victim (even though i dont THINK it was to kill, I am unsure on that) and when she wouldnt bite went to Jeran next door.

So very sad

Could this have been just for robbery? To get money for a fix?

I don't really think so but with MAS asking Shelia if she had any drugs I wonder?

I have often thought that if only my cousin had been murdered later, there would have been more technology/awareness to solve her case.

There was no DNA testing, serial killers were new... there was no internet, no cable, nothing but newspaper and maybe TV news.

However, I also think... if she had been murdered later than I cannot even imagine the press that my family would have gotten. :what:

I always try to keep in mind the family of the victim AND innocent family members of the suspect.
I have been on BOTH sides... and it just sucks either way. :twocents:

All that new technology is totally beneficial and detrimental at the same time... :banghead:

Yes I did go to bed but just woke up and had to check for an update? :angel:

Just watched a video tribute to Jaren...
and GUESS what???? I saw a WHITE TRUCK... a gas station...a familiar looking man behind her... the ocean/water in a "bay" of sorts... behind her... umm maybe that was all.
Guess I have MS on my mind too!
I think I need ECT! (or how to figure out how to get screen caps from this lap top!)

It was a youtube video that followed the one posted at the start of the thread...
Mariah Carey ONE SWEET DAY...
HECK I was crying before the first pic was shown on the first vid... maybe I was seeing things!
moo

That's an excellent post, SwampMama. One of the first things mentioned in the family interview was the hurtful comments being posted on the internet. I lost it when her brother cried and said, in so many words, that people making those remarks didn't know his sister, didn't know she was a loving person with hopes and dreams of a good life. My mind started racing through the posts here, and I prayed that we hadn't caused any more pain for that poor family. This site has a tradition of maintaining respect and compassion for the victims' loved ones. For many of us, it's the reason we stick around. But if I ever needed a reminder, I got it from that interview. It struck home for me, and I hope it did for others, as well.

That's an excellent post, SwampMama. One of the first things mentioned in the family interview was the hurtful comments being posted on the internet. I lost it when her brother cried and said, in so many words, that people making those remarks didn't know his sister, didn't know she was a loving person with hopes and dreams of a good life. My mind started racing through the posts here, and I prayed that we hadn't caused any more pain for that poor family. This site has a tradition of maintaining respect and compassion for the victims' loved ones. For many of us, it's the reason we stick around. But if I ever needed a reminder, I got it from that interview. It struck home for me, and I hope it did for others, as well.

Her poor brother!!!!!!!!!!! Can you even comprehend what he is going through?
The "if only's" God bless that boy!
moo

I have often thought that if only my cousin had been murdered later, there would have been more technology/awareness to solve her case.

There was no DNA testing, serial killers were new... there was no internet, no cable, nothing but newspaper and maybe TV news.

However, I also think... if she had been murdered later than I cannot even imagine the press that my family would have gotten. Some would have been crucified.

I always try to keep in mind the family of the victim AND innocent family members of the suspect. I have been on BOTH sides... and it just sucks.

All that new technology is totally beneficial and detrimental at the same time...

Sometimes the internet is a double edged sword. There is so much it can do along with so much harm if used the wrong way. Unfortunately there are many callous people with many ignorant things to say. They don't care who they hurt. They might not say such a thing to your face or out loud but they have no problem posting it in a public website to be there for all eternity.

I hope that Jaren's loved ones will feel safe sharing some memories of her with us, tell us things about her that they loved and help everyone here see that she was a beautiful young woman who was much loved. They can help everyone see more about Jaren.

So I would love to hear things about her, her interests, things that she did that made people laugh, cherished memories and what they loved about her. Allow us the chance to know her better and let us share your sorrow. Please know that we support you and will be here as you fight for Justice for Jaren. I can assure you that many of us are here because we want justice just as much as her loved ones do.

Link for the Facebook page for Justice for Jaren Lockhart:
https://www.facebook.com/jaren.lockhart.1

:eek:fftobed: nite y'all! praying for more info tomorrow!

Bessie I had the exact same thought when I heard the words.in fact when Sweetly posted something about things being said I asked privately if any of my post were out of line to let me know I would have a mod delete them. Even though I did not think I had posted anything wrong. I had said all along I did not care what Jaren chose as a job, it still was wrong what happened to a mother a daughter cousin and aunt and friend,
Her brother also crying out about Bubba not being ther to protect her got me. You could tell she was loved.

Well after hearing what the dancer Nand said at the end of the last thread, my doubt is gone. These two trolled for a victim (even though i dont THINK it was to kill, I am unsure on that) and when she wouldnt bite went to Jeran next door.

So very sad

Wow. Just trying to catch up this morning. What is this about trolling for a victim who wouldn't bite????

I agree with what you guys are posting in this thread. I stated a few days/threads back that it wasn't our job to judge her.
Truth be told, I used to waitress in one of these clubs. These girls were just like any other girl I would have met on the street. Most Moms, most not on drugs, many of them were just working their way through college. And they all had many many dreams about leaving that scene for a better life. They were sweet girls and always tried to look out for one another.
I still to this day (and I have a daughter) can't fault them for where they worked. It was really, really good money. I averaged $150 in a 6 hour night as a waitress in one of the higher end big named clubs, so you can surmise the kind of $ the dancers were making, and that was 15 years ago!! If I still looked like I did back then I would go back to waitressing in an instant!

So very sad
IMO, Nand's statement isn't a huge revelation, except perhaps to the extent it shows the persistence of the couple in trying to recruit. IMO, it makes it seem a little more premeditated because if Nand had believed MAS' lie about the private group party for $700, what would have happened when they got where ever and there was no group and no $700? IOW, using lies to recruit makes it seem like the true goal was just getting the person to go, not just to have some fun.

Swamp Mama~ I can't open that link due to a filter on my computer (it blocks anything that may contain foul language, nudity, anything inappropriate....)
Can you maybe give me some of the details? I appreciate it!

Could this have been just for robbery? To get money for a fix?

I don't really think so but with MAS asking Shelia if she had any drugs I wonder?

Who is Shelia? Sorry, I missed a lot after I went to bed last night and the other thread is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni