CA - Calvin Sneed, 22, killed by parents of teen he pimped, 4 June 2012

jjw

Reaction score
A San Francisco couple whose teenage daughter was allegedly being pimped by a Southern California man tracked him around the state, failing at one attempt to kill him before shooting him to death near Candlestick Park, authorities said Wednesday.

Attorneys for the couple say that they tried everything to rescue their daughter from Calvin Sneed, a 22-year-old alleged gang member from Compton (Los Angeles County), but that they didn't kill him.

Prosecutors, however, say that when Barry Gilton and his longtime girlfriend, Lupe Mercado, couldn't get their 17-year-old daughter back through legitimate means, they turned to premeditated murder.

Gilton, 38, and Mercado, 37, appeared in court Wednesday on murder and other charges for allegedly shooting Sneed in the Bayview neighborhood in the early hours of June 4.

The couple have been together since middle school and live with their three other children in San Francisco. Their daughter disappeared some time ago and after searching for her, Gilton and Mercado discovered that she was turning tricks and that Sneed was her pimp, their attorneys said.

"They had gone out to local police agencies, agencies in Southern California - they had even tried talking to national organizations," said Eric Safire, Gilton's attorney. "Every place they turned to turned them away."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/13/BAF01P1GIH.DTL#ixzz1xobRB8Qc

I can't even imagine the desperation those parents must have felt to do something like that.

tragically, in saving their 17 year-old, they have deprived their three other children of a stable home life with parents

if it's true that they were the ones shooting at him in a previous incident, then this is way premeditated & it seems they were stalking him

that's just as creepy as his supposed actions IMO

I do feel for them but this wasn't a spur-of-the-moment kneejerk reaction - this was murder 1

tragically, in saving their 17 year-old, they have deprived their three other children of a stable home life with parents

if it's true that they were the ones shooting at him in a previous incident, then this is way premeditated & it seems they were stalking him

that's just as creepy as his supposed actions IMO

I do feel for them but this wasn't a spur-of-the-moment kneejerk reaction - this was murder 1

I agree that it was a bad move on their part. I sympathize with them for sure. But like you said, now ALL of their children are suffering greatly.

I just saw the pimp's father on the tv news. He kind of pissed me off. He kept saying how they had no right to kill his son, just because he was having 'legal' issues. I think he kind of missed the point. And then he said that his son was up there ' just to take the girl back home, and what did he get for it--a bullet to the head.'

I don't think the bullet was because he took her home. The bullet was because he pimped their minor daughter on the streets.

I hate to say it, but the parents are 100% wrong in this one. I understand their frustration, but they chose to leave their other children parentless and in limbo. Do they think their 17-year-old daughter is going to give up this lifestyle just because they killed her pimp? Nope! She'll get another pimp!

They, the parents, will be lucky if they didn't just sign their own daughters death certificate because of what they did. So their stunt did nothing to bring about any change. Bad decision!

MOO

Members Of Western Addition “CDP” Gang Charged With Racketeering Conspiracy, Murder, Attempted Murder, Assault With A Dangerous Weapon, Pimping, And Related Charges

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJanuary 9, 2014

SAN FRANCISCO – A seventeen-count federal superseding indictment charging nine members of the “Central Divis Playas,” a/k/a “CDP” gang, and one associate, was returned by the Grand Jury on January 9, 2014, in federal court, announced United States Attorney Melinda Haag. The ten defendants, all of San Francisco, listed below, are already in state or federal custody:

list at link ..................... http://www.justice.gov/usao/can/news/2014/2014_01_09_CDP.charged.press.html

This article explains it a little better. Gilton and Mercado were previously indicted last year, this Federal indictment supercedes that.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/alleged-gang-members-indicted-murder-racketeering-/nch34/

"All 10 defendants are already in state or federal custody and face a maximum term of life in prison. Elmore and Heard could face a death sentence for the 2008 double murder, according to prosecutors.

No court date has yet been set for the defendants, although the four accused in the Sneed murder had a Jan. 24 status conference scheduled on the earlier indictment.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said today's indictment is the result of a joint investigation between the FBI, the San Francisco and San Pablo police departments and the San Francisco District Attorney's Office."

IMO - They are all gang members. They all need to find better ways to solve their personal problems. I am not feeling alot of compassion over this one. The parents sent the daughter to live with Gilton's cousin in Compton or Los Angeles somewhere. The cousin is also a gang member. Lot of good that did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back