1013 users online (134 members and 879 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Baby left in hot car while mother went to Target

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) -
    A Sacramento mother is accused of leaving her 6-week-old baby inside a car in over 90-degree outdoor temperatures while she went inside a Target, police said.

Witnesses reported that the baby was left inside a car by a woman who went inside the Natomas Target.

When fire crews arrived at the scene, they said the infant had been inside the car for more than five minutes. They had to pry the car door open.

Fire officials said that the car's windows were cracked about an inch.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz1xozhHWVL
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Is it possible that there are still people who do not understand how dangerous it is? How can that be?

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    Is it possible that there are still people who do not understand how dangerous it is? How can that be?
    because they don't care about anything other than their selfishness

because they read online Target flyers instead of news or childcare sites

because some people should be sterilized

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    It blows my mind. This woman brought her 2 year old in with her. Why not the baby?
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

because it will never happen to me, only other people.

You know, I won't even leave my dog in the car. Target can wait.

A few summers ago I stopped at Home Depot after work and did a little shopping. When I came out to load my stuff into the car, I heard a baby just wailing. It was hot that day, sweaty hot. I walked over and found a tiny girl of maybe 3 months old (if that) strapped in her carseat in the car. The windows were down, thank goodness. I had to fight every urge in my body not to grab that baby, put her in my car and just drive away. The urge was seriously overwhelming. I stood next to the car and yelled for the cashier who was working outside since the car was parked by the garden dept. All of my yelling attracted a crowd and I was in major b%$#h mode "WHO LEFT THIS TINY BABY IN THE CAR?!!! I AM CALLING THE POLICE RIGHT NOW!!!" A little boy of maybe 7 ran outside and looked horrified when he saw what I was doing. I said "IS THIS BABY WITH YOU?!!! GO GET YOUR MOM!!! GET YOUR MOM RIGHT NOW!!! I AM CALLING THE POLICE!!!" He ran back in the store and came out with his GRANDMA! She was yelling at HIM "I thought I told you to wait with the baby!" I was like...what?! I wouldn't even leave a 7 year old in the car!! In the meantime the store manager had called the police and I yelled at the grandma for awhile and then the police came, asked me some questions, talked to her for awhile and then LET HER DRIVE AWAY WITH THOSE KIDS! After it was all over I sat in my car shaking and crying for awhile before I could drive away. It surprised me how much that affected me. I was so MAD at that grandma and MAD at the police department and felt so bad for that poor little baby.