UK - Scythe-wielding 'lunatic' forces birdwatcher to kneel, threatens limb amputation

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Scythe-wielding 'lunatic' forced birdwatcher to kneel and said he was going to chop his limbs off in terrorist-style execution (Daily Mail)
---
Scott Cullen, 22, had set up his camera to photograph woodpeckers in the Welsh countryside when he was confronted by angry local Leslie Bickley.

Bickley, 63, accused him of being a prowler and pulled out the garden scythe from under his coat.

A jury heard Bickley then made Mr Cullen kneel like in a 'terrorist execution'.
---
Wait. What?
Prosecutor Ieuan Morris said: 'Bickley frightened the life out of a young man who was doing nothing more than taking photographs.

'He produced a hand scythe, commanding Mr Cullen to get on his knees and threatening to chop off his limbs.

The court heard retired builder Bickley, who has previous convictions for violence, lived close to the woods where Mr Cullen was birdwatching.
---
more at DM link above

see, you always restore my faith in the fact that the US is not cornering the market on folks who are daft, delusional, disturbed or destructive. The UK has just as many nutbags as us over on this side of the pond.

Fewer gun crimes there; more knife- and scythe crimes.

you've got to love a good scythe ;)

Give me a good old machete any day

Oddly enough I was transfixed by a large scythe hanging on a wall in a thrift shop on Wednesday, thinking what fun I could have dressed up at the Grim Reaper

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back