902 users online (204 members and 698 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

TX - Austin psychiatrist indicted in child-sex cases

Austin psychiatrist indicted in child-sex cases (kxan.com)
    AUSTIN (KXAN) - A longtime child psychiatrist for the Austin State Hospital has been indicted on five felony cases, including two child sex assault charges.

Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg indicted Charles Fischer, 59, in five felony cases.

His license suspended since late November, the psychiatrist is indicted on charges of two sexual assaults of a child, two cases of indecency with a child by contact and one sexual assault.

The alleged crimes happened from 2001 through 2005.

Austin police started investigating after one of Fischer's former patients told the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services about the alleged sexual abuse from Fischer while at Austin State Hospital.
    more at link above

Especially heinous when these were children he was supposed to be helping with whatever problems brought them to the state hospital.

That's just plain disgusting! Now the children probably won't trust anyone who tries to help them.

Saw this while having coffee and reading the Austin paper this morning.

It's funny that with all I read here I can still be sickened. But I am glad I am.

I hope he never sees the light of day.

This doctor is the sickest of the sick!!!

These 8 different cases were all young boys in various Texas state mental facilities for treatment, several of them for sexual abuse. The boys ranged in age from 13 to 17 at the time they were sexually abused by this child psychiatrist who was treating them at the different facilities. Link provided in following post.

Updated: Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011, 8:38 AM CST
    Published : Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 7:04 PM CST

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The Texas Medical Board has suspended the license of the child psychiatrist after reports that he sexually abused children.
    Austin State Hospital fired Dr. Charles Fischer last week.

Investigators are now looking into 8 different cases of sexually abusing teenage boys in his care. They range from the ages of 14 to 18.

Additional information follows in my next post.
    Last edited by southernnana; 06-18-2012 at 01:43 AM.

You may need your barf bags for this reading!!!

The document I have linked below provides the findings by the Texas State Medical Board that eight boys, with admission by the doctor of a ninth boy, were sexually abused by Psychiatrist Charles Fischer while under his care for treatment. According to the linked document the sexual abuse took place from 1992 - 2006 in various Texas state mental facilities.

On November 22,2011, came to be heard before the Disciplinary Panel (the "Panel") of the Texas Medical Board (the "Board"), composed of Michael Arambula, M.D., Chair, Paulette Southard, and Patricia Blackwell, members of the Board, duly in session, the matter of the Application for Temporary Suspension or Restriction (WITHOUT NOTICE OF HEARING) of the license of Charles Henry Fischer, M.D. ("Respondent"). Respondent did not appear in person and Christopher M. Palazola and Robert Blech represented Board Staff. Based on evidence submitted, the Board through this Panel makes the following Findings of Fact and Conclusions ofLawand entersthisOrder ofTemporarySuspension (WITHOUTNOTICE OF HEARING).
    This is the first paragraph of a six-page document.

My heart and my prayers for emotional healing go out to these "now young men."
    Why oh why did this go on for so many years???

I sincerely hope that some heads roll in the Texas mental health system for these horrific child sexual abuse crimes that happened from 1992 - 2006!!!

People wake up ... there had to be signs and indications of unprofessional conduct ... a psychiatrist is not God ... he can be a criminal ... ethics can be questioned!!!

Dr. Fischer has nine male victims at last count ... how many more could there be from 2006 - 2011???