Some people are really just amazing!

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
My business is running a fund raiser for Harbor House to help with the new animal kennel, Paws for Peace, that will allow those escaping abuse to bring their pets with them. http://www.harborhousefl.com/2012/01/support-the-paws-for-peace-kennel-at-harbor-house/ I can't believe how generous my customers are being! :woohoo: We just had a check for $500. dropped off! :) We are working towards a $1,000 collection to purchase a bench for the sanctuary area so the residents have a quiet place to spend time with each other and their pets and we're 3/4 of the way there...in just two days! I love my customers and it's such a nice respite from all the negatives that make the headlines everyday!

What a great idea for a charity. I have a friend that told me she stayed with an abusive husband for two extra years because she did not want to leave her 2 doggies with him in the house when she left, but she didn't know where to take them. Luckily he was eventually arrested and she got a RO to keep him out of the house.

I could never, ever leave a pet behind for any reason so I totally understand why this is so important! It's just nice to be involved in something positive and realize that there still are a lot of great people in our lives :) It's easy to get bogged down, IMO, in the headlines and lose faith in those around you.

What a great idea for a charity. I have a friend that told me she stayed with an abusive husband for two extra years because she did not want to leave her 2 doggies with him in the house when she left, but she didn't know where to take them. Luckily he was eventually arrested and she got a RO to keep him out of the house.

You know, that is so sad. Imagine what it must be like to be in a situation like that. For many, their pets are no different than their kids.

I would, in no way, shape, or form, leave any of my furry kids behind. And that would, indeed, trap me. I'm often thankful I'm single (and expect to stay that way), and this is one reason.

RO, you're a pretty amazing lady yourself. I mean, without YOU, there would be no fundraiser going on. So, like attracts like...and you, too, are an amazing soul.

Best-
Herding Cats

I would, in no way, shape, or form, leave any of my furry kids behind. And that would, indeed, trap me. I'm often thankful I'm single (and expect to stay that way), and this is one reason.

RO, you're a pretty amazing lady yourself. I mean, without YOU, there would be no fundraiser going on. So, like attracts like...and you, too, are an amazing soul.

Best-
Herding Cats

Thanks Girlie...but I sleep well at night and that's all the benefit I need. I am so excited about this program. This is one of the programs Dr. G donated to from the Caylee special and that's how I became aware of it. Dr. G is amazing and is just as fabulous in person as she seems on TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back