Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: **GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

I watched the video and took many notes ...I counted 100 stabs...yet so little damage seemed done when the camera pans over the body...I agree the disappearing stab wounds are curious. I though maybe just lo quality video ...but I couldn't tell for sure....AWESOME version of that dog still..btw ...
    IMO.JMO.IMHO.MOO ....and sorry if it's been posted before..

@streets------->try "documenting Reality dot com!"
    [SIGPIC]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic80147_1.gif/SIGPIC]

So I found the video. Does anyone else find it odd that there is a table on the bed @ 8:35... and on top of that, what appears to be the portion of the body that was removed with a knife & fork?

Vanishing Stab Wounds

Is it possible that Luka might have drained the body of blood by slashing Lin's neck, and then rearranged the time sequence of the video so that it seemed like the icepick stabs came beforehand? And then the stabs might only draw a little blood and seem to vanish. Or maybe he drilled holes somewhere in the body, Dahmer-style, to drain it of blood, before he even started with stabbing and cutting. Or possibly, between segments of the video he cleaned wounds somehow.

I'm assuming (since I haven't and will not watch the footage) that due to the poor quality of the video, the blood oozing from wounds was visible rather than the actual puncture marks in the flesh.

...What an odd thing to try to puzzle out. The other day I almost walked away from this case altogether because it's so disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujercu View Post
    I watched the video and took many notes ...I counted 100 stabs...yet so little damage seemed done when the camera pans over the body...I agree the disappearing stab wounds are curious. I though maybe just lo quality video ...but I couldn't tell for sure....AWESOME version of that dog still..btw ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scientific For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    Is it possible that Luka might have drained the body of blood by slashing Lin's neck, and then rearranged the time sequence of the video so that it seemed like the icepick stabs came beforehand? And then the stabs might only draw a little blood and seem to vanish. Or maybe he drilled holes somewhere in the body, Dahmer-style, to drain it of blood, before he even started with stabbing and cutting. Or possibly, between segments of the video he cleaned wounds somehow.

I'm assuming (since I haven't and will not watch the footage) that due to the poor quality of the video, the blood oozing from wounds was visible rather than the actual puncture marks in the flesh.

...What an odd thing to try to puzzle out. The other day I almost walked away from this case altogether because it's so disturbing.
    There are definitely stab wounds to the stomach area BEFORE LM starts to stab JL's body. I noticed this about the 3rd time I watched the video when I was trying to see the dog better. I think LM stabbed JL before he cut his throat, but for some reason, this part is not filmed on the version submitted to the internet. I also noticed that when LM is slicing at the body with the knife he uses, there is absolutely NO blood at all.... I wonder if LM killed JL and then placed the body in some sort of freezer before removing the body and completing the video? If so, that is another level of crazy, IMHO. I captured a screen shot towards the end of the video where the head, the left arm, and a leg are laying in what appears to be ice. Did LM have access to a chest type freezer or a VERY large cooler? There is another screen shot of the right arm laying inside what is obviously the freezer compartment of a regular refrigerator. I wish I had noted the time stamp for these screen shots. They are all towards the end, and there are numerous rapid screen shots woven into the video.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post

{RSBM}

It is odd and disturbing... but also an incredible mystery to solve around every twist and turn.

Yes, the quality/lighting is poor at times but when the camera is directly over the body it is quite evident that one frame before there were visible wounds then they disappear... then reappear in the frame following. What is incredibly odd is that the 4 original wounds disappear but the later wounds are visible.

The time reference is easy to follow with the dismemberment... Which is how I am able to tell the frames are not out of sequence... unless I am totally missing something.

There are 4 puncture wounds (with blood) before he begins with the pick... then later there are 8 wounds (with blood), then the original 4, then only the last 4 at the bottom which are barely visible, then none, then back to 8 again with much more blood...

A few have mentioned counting over 100 stabs... that is another thing that strikes me as very odd because no more than 8 obvious wounds from the navel area to just above the pubic area are ever visible. There are a few wounds on the clavicle near the beginning but they were too small to track... not at all like the other ones.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Streets View Post
    So I found the video. Does anyone else find it odd that there is a table on the bed @ 8:35... and on top of that, what appears to be the portion of the body that was removed with a knife & fork?
    I did not see that. I dreadfully looked for the video again, but thankfully, I can't find it. I did notice the last time I watched it, that the fork with flesh on it appears again after it is initally removed from camera, right before the dog is placed on the bed. As horrible as this video is, the editing of it offers another huge view into the mind of LM. Why would it be edited the way it was??? It is disgusting and disturbing without a doubt, but it is also very odd.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Streets View Post
    Yes streets I noticed that...I assume he is using a small table top tripod with a handheld cam. To get the best angle of what he was doing he probably had to have that stable to put the camera on...and yes that is the fork it pans over.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jujercu For This Useful Post:

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr

Purple Hoodie

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
    What I meant is are there other pics of LM in a purple hoodie that he posted.... it would create another comparison/connection possibly.

I did not find any "obvious" photos posted anywhere with him wearing a purple hoodie... however, since we are 99% sure it is him wearing the purple hoodie in the YouTube "Preview" videos he posted before the murder... I've done a comparison of the unaltered YT hoodie with the killvid hoodie sleeve. I increased the exposure only; I didn't fool with any of the colors so we can see the killvid sleeve in better light is almost an exact match with the YT video in brighter lighting.

FWIW... from what I can tell... with exposure & brightness adjustments the purple sweat pants we have seen him wear do not match the hoodie. It is an entirely different hue. I even tried to adjust the tint to see if I could get it to match and it wasn't close. IMO the pants have more pink undertones and the hoodie has a darker blue undertone. I could be totally wrong but that was just from my 5 minutes of goofing around and I don't think it is that important in the grand scheme of things.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-PLAYFU...ht_4123wt_1140

Here is example of the type of camera I think he used...notice this camera comes with a tiny tripod about 4" high. I think this is the type of set up he used for the killvid. IMO

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jujercu For This Useful Post:

Is it possible the killvid was created using his laptop and not a separate movie camera? Also, I think the "advertisement" shots posted on May 15th were from a camera with flash or taken with a light shining on him since the lighting is way brighter than the killvid.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Is it possible the killvid was created using his laptop and not a separate movie camera? Also, I think the "advertisement" shots posted on May 15th were from a camera with flash or taken with a light shining on him since the lighting is way brighter than the killvid.
    No I don't think so. You can see the hand strap for the hand held cam in the kill vid on more than one occasion. I am 99% sure it was a cam like the one I just posted a link for.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jujercu For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone, I just joined the board, I posed an initial hello message on the main LM Thread, but I'm following this one too. I have many questions like everyone else, about the video ... but one of the questions I had, I believe somewhere on one of the other threads a couple of people mentioned they thought there was a second dog in the room (an adult dog) . At one point I clearly hear the puppy bark once , but its clearly a high pitched yap typical of a young pup that we see. I don't recall any evidence of a second dog, though so I'm curious what may have lead people to think that. Perhaps I overlooked something.

Having watched that horrific video a few questions come to my mind.

Is there anything more disturbing that he could have done to the body?

He covered all his bases to make this the most disturbing, disgusting video ever. Putting in every element that he could. A killing, dismemberment, masturbation with a limb, cannibalism, necrophilia, the puppy,the wine bottle. And mailing the limbs to various places.

This was a very well thought out killing. Just to get the instruments needed to dismember, getting a puppy for that heinous act would have taken time and a lot of thinking.

This was premeditated 100 percent. It was not a spur of the moment killing. There will be no insanity plea.

Let's hope this sick little attention seeking coward rots in jail for the rest of his disturbed useless life.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Summerfun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Summerfun View Post

He covered all his bases to make this the most disturbing, disgusting video ever. Putting in every element that he could. A killing, dismemberment, masturbation with a limb, cannibalism, necrophilia, the puppy,the wine bottle. And mailing the limbs to various places.

This was a very well thought out killing. Just to get the instruments needed to dismember, getting a puppy for that heinous act would have taken time and a lot of thinking.

This was premeditated 100 percent. It was not a spur of the moment killing. There will be no insanity plea.

Let's hope this sick little attention seeking coward rots in jail for the rest of his disturbed useless life.
    certainly a very disgusting video and while all videos capturing a real lost of life is disturbing and disgusting, it almost seems *safe* video for him to have made. IMO, i think the reason it is edited and not *as* graphic as some of the other readily available to download videos (like that hammer video) is because he probably restrained himself. I think he was disgusted with the gruesome'ness of the torture and dismemberment of Lin..he probably had to take breaks (perhaps even vomit?) during the whole thing. Perhaps take some medicine or drugs to get him to go through with the dismembering..
    I certainly think it is possible. He built himself a reputation of being a hardcore and cold individual with little to no emotion. While I do believe he lacks empathy, I have a feeling he felt somewhat repulsed during that night from something. Maybe the smell, maybe other things he didn't stop to think about would occur during a murder... Perhaps editing the video was his way of hiding what he viewed as a weakness from the persona he built up.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blah956 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted82 View Post
    Hi everyone, I just joined the board, I posed an initial hello message on the main LM Thread, but I'm following this one too. I have many questions like everyone else, about the video ... but one of the questions I had, I believe somewhere on one of the other threads a couple of people mentioned they thought there was a second dog in the room (an adult dog) . At one point I clearly hear the puppy bark once , but its clearly a high pitched yap typical of a young pup that we see. I don't recall any evidence of a second dog, though so I'm curious what may have lead people to think that. Perhaps I overlooked something.
    Welcome to WS for all of the new members!!! I don't recall anything that would make someone think of a second dog being in the room. I was thinking about it more last night, and I bet LE knows what happened to the dog because they have not asked anyone with information about where he got to dog to come forward. The fact that nothing is being said from LE about the dog probably means the dog did not survive. I hope I am wrong....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Summerfun View Post

Well what will still be interesting is if the 15 min version shows more actual acts, or if a true raw version of who knows how long ever surfaces, what it shows. The necrophilia is simulated and suggested only, as he's fully clothed. And the cannabilism is actually only at this point, suggested too, as we never see proof it was sampled. Part of me is still in belief this is still the 'trailer' to the true raw version (not the 15 min one), which was held back for the highest bidder who wanted 'everything'. But, time will tell.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Welcome to WS for all of the new members!!! I don't recall anything that would make someone think of a second dog being in the room. I was thinking about it more last night, and I bet LE knows what happened to the dog because they have not asked anyone with information about where he got to dog to come forward. The fact that nothing is being said from LE about the dog probably means the dog did not survive. I hope I am wrong....
    I forgot which forum I was on but I saw an identical ad from a year or two ago from Arizona looking for a dog. What turned the light on was the reference to the "family owning a pet store" . I believe it was under his cutelittlenemo1 moniker, so the May 20 ad on montreal's craigslist had to be him. Perhaps LE could first contact the ad to see if they get a response, or try to recover emails on the computer linking him to the ad.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

Hi Everyone! I haven't watched the kill vid and don't plan to. I do however, feel the video is the most important aspect of this case and worth discussing - so here I am! I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute without having seen the video (only one particularly horrible still that I wished I didn't see...) but I've read the descriptions and have a general idea of what went on.

That being said, the hand/ring comparison shots are very helpful. I could tell right away those were LM's hands, because in every picture of him where I can see them, I shudder. He has the creepiest, spindliest, longest fingers. Yuck.

I also believe the Craigslist ad was written by LM. But I find it funny no one has come forward and been like "Oh man, I gave him that dog!". I suppose the person might be afraid of public scrutiny. Or maybe LM had no luck with the ad and stole a dog?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AudreyRose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    Did you mean 7-8 Weeks old? The puppy in the video/pic sure doesn't look any older than that.
    It might have been weeks. The twitter was in French (which I don't speak very well) so I had to use google translate for most of it.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novaspy For This Useful Post:

At 3:24, right before LM pans to the Casablanca poster, JLs hands are free, when it cuts back to JL, there is still the string or rope around his wrist and hanging from his right arm. Don't know why it caught my eye but it seemed strange.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

this was posted in the other thread.. in response to how he got thru the bone..

"He used an angle grinder you can see him holding it in his right hand in the first 40 seconds of the video. " By, Justice P.I

looking back it does somewhat look like an angle grinder, but it definitely has an electrical cord of sorts dangling from it.. its the same object he picks up from the side of the bed, as you get a frame or 2 where parts of the cord are visible..

edit: does anyone have a real good screen capture of the ice pick itself? is it an actual icepick? or a knife at is jsut similar.. reason being, an actual icepick would make a rather small puncture wound, especially on a dead victim. the holes on JL stomach seem to large for an actual icepick, could he have been attempting to aim his stabs into centralized areas to make them larger and more visible?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    At 3:24, right before LM pans to the Casablanca poster, JLs hands are free, when it cuts back to JL, there is still the string or rope around his wrist and hanging from his right arm. Don't know why it caught my eye but it seemed strange.
    Yep.. I caught that too...

another really odd thing I noticed at 3:34 (in my initial viewing still not wanting to believe it was real) is that JL's hand is MUCH darker than his arm and body (under his hand so it isn't the result of the lighting). It looked like a mannequin.

Also in this same frame (3:34) it is well after the pick because his left arm has been amputated but there are absolutely NO visible wounds on his trunk... further lending to my speculation that LRM photoshopped some of the frames; maybe he goofed up and didn't correct the coloring of his hand as there is an obvious line?

Perhaps he photoshopped some of the frames to lead us to question whether or not there was more than one victim?

It's just a small snippet to show the coloring it is not graphic but I will remove it if anyone thinks it should not be shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I only watched 2 minutes of the video and I remember seeing something that looked like an icepick and I stopped the video. It was a long and thin instrument so the context led me to believe it was an icepick.

I need some help with my memory. I thought I saw body hair on the victim. Did I imagine this? I thought I saw hair on the tummy area. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballMom View Post
    Yep.. I caught that too...

another really odd thing I noticed at 3:34 (in my initial viewing still not wanting to believe it was real) is that JL's hand is MUCH darker than his arm and body (under his hand so it isn't the result of the lighting). It looked like a mannequin.

Also in this same frame (3:34) it is well after the pick because his left arm has been amputated but there are absolutely NO visible wounds on his trunk... further lending to my speculation that LRM photoshopped some of the frames; maybe he goofed up and didn't correct the coloring of his hand as there is an obvious line?

Perhaps he photoshopped some of the frames to lead us to question whether or not there was more than one victim?

It's just a small snippet to show the coloring it is not graphic but I will remove it if anyone thinks it should not be shown.
    I'm not sure but it doesn't look like a knife. Looks like an ice pick (or maybe a screwdriver??)

44. The Following User Says Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast