DE DE - New Castle, HispMale 1398UMDE, 25-35, along Route 141, Oct'94

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got tired of looking at the previous recon that I did of this John Doe. It was one of my first attempts when I didn't have as good of a handle on the use of the photoshopping software, and my first attempt was sloppily done.

So I revised it. There isn't a thread for this John Doe, so I will start one.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1398UMDE
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1398umde.html
NamUs UP #6632 https://identifyus.org/cases/6632

9a1508ee-3d4f-46e2-a793-ad3202cc29cd.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on October 17, 1994 in New Castle, New Castle County, Delaware

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 138 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, wavy, well groomed hair, “widow’s peak” on forehead. Brown eyes. Clean shaven, trimmed mustache. Well manicured nails.
Clothing: Shirt - long sleeve, button front, size Medium, color gray/white and tan label, made in Panama. Pants - Long, size medium, color Khaki. Shorts, black in color worn under khaki pants, rolled at waist, too large for decedent. Belt - Dress type, dark brown, fold colored buckle. Socks - Dress type, thin material, color black. Underwear - T-shirt, white in color, size medium 38-40, label "Fruit of the Loom". Wallet - Leather [folding type] brown in color. No identification. Money – Fifteen one-dollar bills, 1 nickel, bill serial numbers were from all over the country.
Dentals: Available. Teeth in excellent condition with no fillings. Evidence of moderate to severe periodontal disease present around lower first molars. Heavy calculus present between the teeth.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History

The victim was located along the westbound lanes of Basin Road near New Castle. Route 141 is a well-travelled highway and very close to Interstate 95. He was wrapped in a blanket and appeared to have been dumped at the location.

A witness reported to police that a van had been parked on the shoulder of the roadway earlier (where the body was found) and that the driver was a white male.

I am guessing that this guy was probably from Columbia (or thereabouts), and was murdered by persons associated with the drug trade.

Does he naturally have a bump or a discoloration in the forehead or would that be a peri/postmortem change?

Does he naturally have a bump or a discoloration in the forehead or would that be a peri/postmortem change?

I left it there because I couldn't be sure.

for what it is worth he does not look Colombian to me. there appears to be some darker features to him which I associate more with being Dominican, Venezuelan or Panamanian.

If I'm not mistaken, the westbound lanes of Basin Road (141) lead *to* I-95, not away from it. In other words, someone exiting I-95 would have to make a u-turn, dump the Doe on the side of the road, and then get back on the highway. Basin Road also hooks up to Rt. 13, which runs north to south through Delaware, although used most often for local travel.

Also, very close to the site is where I-95 splits to 295N, which leads to the Delaware Memorial Bridge and into New Jersey.

Just some food for thought.

he has a window's peak

the widow's peak on the UID is not terribly pronounced, certainly not like former VP candidate Paul Ryan's was.

are you saying Jeronimo also has one? I can't enlarge the picture enough to get a clear image of whether Jeronimo does or does not have the widow's peak.

the widow's peak on the UID is not terribly pronounced, certainly not like former VP candidate Paul Ryan's was.

are you saying Jeronimo also has one? I can't enlarge the picture enough to get a clear image of whether Jeronimo does or does not have the widow's peak.

Jeronimo has a window's peak: I zoomed the pic

I submitted this to Hal Brown this morning. way too much to pass up. will keep everyone posted as to what Hal says. should be a determination based on fingerprints

Namus has not been updated, but Hal Brown told me that Jeronimo Rico was ruled out on fingerprints.

:bump: for image revision

I got tired of looking at the previous recon that I did of this John Doe. It was one of my first attempts when I didn't have as good of a handle on the use of the photoshopping software, and my first attempt was sloppily done.

So I revised it. There isn't a thread for this John Doe, so I will start one.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1398UMDE
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1398umde.html
NamUs UP #6632 https://identifyus.org/cases/6632

9a1508ee-3d4f-46e2-a793-ad3202cc29cd.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on October 17, 1994 in New Castle, New Castle County, Delaware

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 138 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, wavy, well groomed hair, “widow’s peak” on forehead. Brown eyes. Clean shaven, trimmed mustache. Well manicured nails.
Clothing: Shirt - long sleeve, button front, size Medium, color gray/white and tan label, made in Panama. Pants - Long, size medium, color Khaki. Shorts, black in color worn under khaki pants, rolled at waist, too large for decedent. Belt - Dress type, dark brown, fold colored buckle. Socks - Dress type, thin material, color black. Underwear - T-shirt, white in color, size medium 38-40, label "Fruit of the Loom". Wallet - Leather [folding type] brown in color. No identification. Money – Fifteen one-dollar bills, 1 nickel, bill serial numbers were from all over the country.
Dentals: Available. Teeth in excellent condition with no fillings. Evidence of moderate to severe periodontal disease present around lower first molars. Heavy calculus present between the teeth.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History

The victim was located along the westbound lanes of Basin Road near New Castle. Route 141 is a well-travelled highway and very close to Interstate 95. He was wrapped in a blanket and appeared to have been dumped at the location.

A witness reported to police that a van had been parked on the shoulder of the roadway earlier (where the body was found) and that the driver was a white male.

Today marks 21 years since his body was found. Someone has to know who this man is and I hope they come forward.

This poor guy--his post-mortem pictures were awful. I'm really hoping he gets ID'd.

1398UMDE

A3203BE6-A124-40A1-9542-E55AF73C35A8.jpeg E3D61CA0-2328-40F0-BF2C-248558903993.jpeg
Reconstructions of the victim (right by Carl Koppelman). To view a postmortem photograph, please click here.

Date of Discovery: October 17, 1994
Location of Discovery: New Castle, New Castle County, Delaware
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Presumed homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25 - 35 years old
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Male

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 138 lbs.

Hair: Black (wavy, well groomed, "widow's peak" on forehead)
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Shaved underarms; abundant dark body hair; well manicured fingernails; and clean shaven trimmed mustache.

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A long sleeve, gray/white and tan label button front shirt (size medium and made in Panama); long khaki pants (size medium); black shorts worn under khaki pants, rolled at waist (too large for decedent); dark brown fold colored buckle belt (dress type); black socks (thin material. dress type); and white Fruit of the Loom t-shirt (size medium, 38-40). No shoes.
Jewelry: Brown leather wallet (folding type). No identification
Additional Personal Items: Fifteen one-dollar bills, one nickel (the bill serial numbers were from all over the country). Blanket he was wrapped in

Circumstances of Discovery

A witness reported to police that a van had been parked on the shoulder of the roadway earlier (where the body was found) and that the driver was a white male. His cause of death remains undetermined, yet police are investigating the case as a homicide.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Delaware Division of Forensic Sciences
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 302-577-3420
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 06-94-79262
Agency Name: Delaware State Medical Examiner Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 302-577-3420
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 94-N-1044
NCIC Case Number: U783338906
NamUs Case Number: 6632

Information Source(s)
NamUs
News-Journal

Current missing person exclusions:
MP6927 William Perez, Sr. 10/02/1990 New Castle DE
MP18411 Jeronimo Rico 08/21/1994 Monroe NY
MP4519 George Nutting 06/12/1988 Kent DE
MP7056 Johnnie Herrera 08/27/1971 Ventura CA

-Just browsing through Charley Project and a few people caught my eye but none of them fit all the specifics of this John Doe. None of these have been ruled out and most differ in one or two area (height, weight, location)...
Salvador Ramirez – The Charley Project
1E68A933-B4CF-4517-998D-879CB83776B8.jpeg
Rene Yanez – The Charley Project
A5949FE1-A031-4CE8-A51F-A7A9231A51AA.jpeg
Jose Luis Delgadillo Gonzales – The Charley Project
5E41D109-9510-420F-BCF4-5F923E5443E5.jpeg
Eduardo Acosta Soriano – The Charley Project

1BF47B6B-42D1-48EF-881C-985A5B594F9E.jpeg

Emmanuel Almanzar – The Charley Project
D91D912F-DDF4-4A4A-9214-7ACEEE3B714A.jpeg
Leonard Bernard Branzuela – The Charley Project
613D4D5B-59D1-4454-9A80-7734E0190E03.jpeg
Douglas John Becker – The Charley Project
B88192BE-3F3A-4057-8549-7934F1B7B5B4.jpeg 3897F135-5C3C-4846-A196-81AE059AB1B6.jpeg
Edward Sirio Consuegra – The Charley Project
E0F6ACD1-A842-4849-B527-10588DF06ACF.jpeg
Efren Ramirez Sandoval – The Charley Project
A3567933-CB64-49E0-9059-834687A52FC0.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members