Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oral Arguments Tammi Smith Motions 6/18/12

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    Darn, I was hoping jail was going to happen for sure. If she only gets probation, I'm betting on 5 years. It should be 10.
    I do believe the judge is going to give her probation. However, I'm praying that he's just giving her a few more weeks then will throw her in jail. But that's probably just a pipe dream

MOO

Mel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses.

I wonder if anyone is receiving letters on the other side. Apparently there are people interested in donating money to Tammi, and she has reportedly asked them to channel it into a fund-raising entity for Stones of Grace, it still is a project, and she intends to keep it up and running and to market it even at this juncture.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post
    The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses.

I wonder if anyone is receiving letters on the other side. Apparently there are people interested in donating money to Tammi, and she has reportedly asked them to channel it into a fund-raising entity for Stones of Grace, it still is a project, and she intends to keep it up and running and to market it even at this juncture.
    Do you know what or where this fund-raising entity is?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aghast View Post
    She did not wear that flower on her head.
    Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaa.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    Do you know what or where this fund-raising entity is?
    No I do not. I presume she is communicating through social media, although I am not connected to any of that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

"ChickenPants;8068765]The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses...."

Does anyone know how a Judge evaluates Character Witness Letters?
    Are the letter-writers required to know the Defendant on a personal basis?
    If TPS asks her group of 5,000+ Face Book "friends" to bombard the Judge with letters; how can something like this vouch for Tammi Smith's "character?"

What if the Judge receives even MORE LETTERS stating Tammi Smith is a "bad person and since she's been found guilty," she needs to go to prison? How does the Judge evaluate those letters?
    Last edited by SAgal; 06-20-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Quotes left off

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
    "ChickenPants;8068765]The judge made a statement to Tammi and her attorneys that he wants "those letters as soon as possible", referring to character witnesses...."

Does anyone know how a Judge evaluates Character Witness Letters?
    Are the letter-writers required to know the Defendant on a personal basis?
    If TPS asks her group of 5,000+ Face Book "friends" to bombard the Judge with letters; how can something like this vouch for Tammi Smith's "character?"

What if the Judge receives even MORE LETTERS stating Tammi Smith is a "bad person and since she's been found guilty," she needs to go to prison? How does the Judge evaluate those letters?
    I've wondered all of these things myself. I imagine a judge is not going to accept letters from 5,000 last-minute FB friends but would prefer letters (for good or bad) from people who have known the defendant for a while. Business protocol is usually a reference for average 5 years.

If you haven't known a person for a long time, all you can go by is their actions. When you're talking about actions, how do they impact other people....there was the recent "Ravi" case where the judge reportedly received thousands of letters and reportedly they did influence his judgement. Well, how can a defendant's actions impact a community, for example?

With TPS in mind, I am remembering that in the recent 703 hearing, prosecution opined that Logan was not the only victim, but the court and the state and person yet unknown. She didn't pull this out of nowhere, IMO. With sentencing ahead, is there information that can validate that premise?

I keep going back to the premise that Judges usually sentence based on the guidelines, some kind of restitution or justice for the victim(s) and whether or not the defendant shows remorse and an intention of being rehabilitated. I conclude that if the defendant continues to engage in the same kind of behaviors that led to the conviction, they are not likely to be rehabilitated if left out on probation. Just M.O.
    Last edited by ChickenPants; 06-20-2012 at 06:44 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

You're all aware, aren't you, that Stones of Grace was kept pretty much private. Tammi waited until the prosecution and defense rested, and the jury was already in deliberation before she sent a message to her FB site (from the courtroom) announcing STONES OF GRACE CAN GO LIVE NOW...YAY!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

You're all aware, aren't you, that Stones of Grace was kept pretty much private. Tammi waited until the prosecution and defense rested, and the jury was already in deliberation before she sent a message to her FB site (from the courtroom) announcing STONES OF GRACE CAN GO LIVE NOW...YAY!
    If I register a domain name called sendsabatocancunformissionwork.org and set up a website to explain my plans, do you believe I have formed a legal entity?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

No I do not. I presume she is communicating through social media, although I am not connected to any of that.
    She is asking from her facebook friends page her support group.
    The wanted to raise funds for her apeal. She assked them not to do that for her to make donations to "The Stones of Grace"
    I checked her website and it says the are not excepting donations due to pending paperwork.
    But please leave your contact information.

Now that she has been 'sworn" in as a MINISTER last mth.
    can it be legal for her to take donations or does it matter?
    It is very shady to me! One more way for her to involve children for her to make money.
    who would I e-mail about this scam?
    This really makes me angry.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

If I register a domain name called sendsabatocancunformissionwork.org and set up a website to explain my plans, do you believe I have formed a legal entity?
    I'm not sure if it would be a legal entity, or not -- But I think the Melia Cancun Hotel would be a nice location for your mission's Headquarters!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:

Wink

I'm not sure if it would be a legal entity, or not -- But I think the Melia Cancun Hotel would be a nice location for your mission's Headquarters!
    What would happen if Tammi could not pay the mntly. bill for internet?
    Now that is what I will be dreaming of !
    That would be the best day of all!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

I'm not web savvy so I can't answer that except to say that anything constituting a "legal" entity would have to have the appropriate legal documentation, and then again we have to consider that Tammi is now a felon, so I don't know how far she would get with that.

My interest is in the fact that she is pointedly telling people to give money or raise money toward this specific purpose. Stones of Grace is supposedly all about counseling, helping unwed mothers, sending them to college, etc., etc., etc., and she was just convicted for interfering in the same kind of activity. If I am a judge and I know this, I am going to think this woman has not learned her lesson, and if I give her probation she's going to head right out that door and take up where she left off. That's my opinion.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisynae View Post
    What would happen if Tammi could not pay the mntly. bill for internet?
    Now that is what I will be dreaming of !
    That would be the best day of all!

You know what's sad...scary? If the internet became obsolete tomorrow, Tammi would still find a way to get her information out there....it's called a big mouth that never shuts up. Even God himself can't get her to shut up long enough to listen, so why do we still hope that the court, the judge, or even the prison itself would stop her?

Maybe her personality will split in half, and when they start talking to each other they will cancel one another out? Well, we can dream, can't we?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

If I was facing the possiblity of being sentenced to a jail or prison on July 6th - I'd be terrified at the possibility of being jailed in Maricopa County, AZ.
    This is the County where the Sheriff has the Tent City for some inmates.
    http://www.mcso.org/

Last edited by SAgal; 06-21-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: forgot the website

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I'm preparing myself for more underserving of justice when TS gets probation instead of jail time.
    Just re-reading some of your posts and thinking...if the 703 hearing had determined two separate acts, the judge would have been obliged to give mandatory jail time. Her probation, therefore, was determined purely by law according to the 703 guidelines.

But it stands out to me that he told her to "prepare yourself for probation, jail or prison" - I can't recall when I have heard of a judge actually saying that to a defendant before.

If he is tending toward leniency, part of that determination would likely be so that she would be able to remain with her family and take care of the two little girls, who are just as innocent in this situation as Gabriel was.

But what is she doing to prepare herself? She's amping up her schemes...beginning with her post-verdict facebook announcement that Stones of Grace can now go public. Putting together a closed support group to solicit donations. That doesn't translate to "family time" in my mind.....

Since the investigation to find Gabriel is still officially open, and keeping in mind Tammi's involvement is a significant component and will be included in the upcoming EJ trial, it makes sense that law enforcement and the state would still be interested in Tammi and her activities, up to and even if she goes to prison. In that light, I would think the judge would be more inclined to put her where she can be monitored and do the least amount of damage.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

If I was facing the possiblity of being sentenced to a jail or prison on July 6th - I'd be terrified at the possibility of being jailed in Maricopa County, AZ.

LOL the first image I got when you said "Tent City" was Good Old Revival Meeting. Let's never forget that she's on a Mission From God.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YrCFz0Kfc"]We're on a mission from God. - YouTube[/ame]

Is this one of Tammi's churches? (lol)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

LOL the first image I got when you said "Tent City" was Good Old Revival Meeting. Let's never forget that she's on a Mission From God.

The reality is more sobering, though:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tfIKUZ0fY"]Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Chain Gang Tent City - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone contacted the prosecutor's office to provide the SOG website info? She has been convicted of forgery, custodial interference, and previously wasn't there a fraud charge? Her reputation for bilking people out of money, their children, and all things precious to them certainly proves that she will continue to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate and deceive to do anything to get people to trust her to steal from them. She could never qualify the SOG for a 501-C3 status (non-profit organization) yet she continues to ask for people to send money or leave their contact info to secure monies from them at a later date. Now she is going to hide herself under the guise of an ordained minister? Will she ever stop unless a judge is privy to her antics and does something to stop her? Wonder what her previous church members think of her "ministry" now?
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Has anyone contacted the prosecutor's office to provide the SOG website info? She has been convicted of forgery, custodial interference, and previously wasn't there a fraud charge? Her reputation for bilking people out of money, their children, and all things precious to them certainly proves that she will continue to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate and deceive to do anything to get people to trust her to steal from them. She could never qualify the SOG for a 501-C3 status (non-profit organization) yet she continues to ask for people to send money or leave their contact info to secure monies from them at a later date. Now she is going to hide herself under the guise of an ordained minister? Will she ever stop unless a judge is privy to her antics and does something to stop her? Wonder what her previous church members think of her "ministry" now?
    Exactly, that's what these discussions have been about, and a link was posted to the Judge's address on this thread. It's up to each individual whether or not they follow that up. I'm looking at it from the perspective that the prosecutors put out there that victims include the court, the state and others yet unknown. Although that didn't technically acknowledge that in the 703, it doesn't make it less true. Her activities now are evidence of that.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    As far as her "previous" church, she is still a member of a church, and they have their own ministry to aid young women in distress. It's her "professional" opinion that SOG is doing them one better by anticipating the needs of women who (how you could tell, I don't know) are going down the wrong road...SOG will educate them and prepare them to be good mothers, etc. So essentially, her aim is to do a better job than her church. I guess.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

As far as her "previous" church, she is still a member of a church, and they have their own ministry to aid young women in distress. It's her "professional" opinion that SOG is doing them one better by anticipating the needs of women who (how you could tell, I don't know) are going down the wrong road...SOG will educate them and prepare them to be good mothers, etc. So essentially, her aim is to do a better job than her church. I guess.
    I sure as HECK would not like to go to church on Sunday and have to see her in my church with her lies and what she is doing right now.
    I hope she does start her own church and leave the one she is going to.
    Maybe she could start a facebook church with her thousands of friends.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisynae View Post
    I sure as HECK would not like to go to church on Sunday and have to see her in my church with her lies and what she is doing right now.
    I hope she does start her own church and leave the one she is going to.
    Maybe she could start a facebook church with her thousands of friends.
    Oh no...! God prevent her from starting her "own" church - that's kind of what she is doing right now - preaching the gospel of Tammi. It's "christians" like Tammi who send others fleeing in the opposite direction from God. None of this stuff is HIS fault and he always gets blamed for everything....

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:

Yeah, TS could face the possibility of living outside in a tent, where the ground temperatures easily reach 110 or more during the day. But imo, if its good enough for our fighting troops overseas, then its good enough for Tammi Smith.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast