1185 users online (228 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    Do you think this thread is in the correct forum? I'm still kind of new at starting threads.
    Yes. This is the correct forum for this thread. It looks very interesting. Thank you for starting it. I'll take a closer look tomorrow when it's not so late. Please feel free to send a pm to me or one of the other mods if you need help or advice about posting.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I have to research this also, a woman's remains were found near Tampa. I think it was off of the interstate, I can't remember. She was a student and was missing for around 3 years and a motorist found the body. He got a flat and was waiting for AAA and just walked a bit up on to the grassy area and found her remains. Sorry it is so fuzzy but it was a least a yr ago I read about it.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-human/1080533

I think this was Lisa Ann Mowrey. Yes they were, found the link and story.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler...storyid=128180
    Last edited by Skully; 06-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Here are the ages of the women I've tracked so far - I also included race in case that is relevant to the investigation. The homicides have occurred from 2005 to present:

LaQuetta Mae Gunther/ white, 45
    Julie Ann Green/ white, 34
    Iwana Patton/ black, 35
    Stacy Gage/ white, 30

Regan Kendall/ white, 48
    Kelly Lanthorne/ white, 37

Mamie Jameka Thomas/black, 18
    Sharon Elson/black, 45
    Lisa Renee Harris/ white, 34
    Lisa Ann Mowrey/ white, 18
    Darlene Young/ white, 41
    Melissa Easterling/ white, 32
    Lacy Thistlewood/ white, 21
    Katharine Zafra / white, 36
    Melissa McCarthy Comiskey/ white, 27
    Nicole Rose Scott/ white, 29

I've only researched this from 2005 forward, after Daytona Beach was alerted to a serial killer. However far back we go, maybe we could group the homicides and missing separately within decades - would that work?
    That you for the list, I will print it out, and start some kind of spread sheet with info that will help us to group the murders. I will also look at the ones not found and put it into another spread sheet. The missing I will group by location of where they were last seen and decade, unless you think otherwise, let me know.
    Last edited by Skully; 06-19-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    That you for the list, I will print it out, and start some kind of spread sheet with info that will help us to group the murders. I will also look at the ones not found and put it into another spread sheet. The missing I will group by location of where they were last seen and decade, unless you think otherwise, let me know.
    That sounds great - I also have other victims to list so I'll try to post the additional unsolved homicides later today.

In regards to creating a map, I do wonder how we get an exact location of where the victims were found...if anyone has ideas on that it would be helpful. Most articles refer to a general area rather than a specific address.

I also discovered a timeline program and am still working with it, but it allows you to make a timeline of events and to include images and text for each event, so I'll see if that would be helpful - it would enable a pic of the victim and also the circumstances of them missing and/or found, etc.

I'll also edit my original post for this thread and add the Scripps Howard resource info.

Thanks again everyone for your help with this research - it is very, very much appreciated!

These links are great. FL has had 112 known SK???

Can we have these links on the first opening post for referrence so they are easy to find?
    I think that means there have been a total of 112 victims of serial killers in Florida.

Texas Little did a map for Michelle Parker's thread, I wonder if we could get her to help map out the victims and where they were found. Maybe we could use different color pins to keep things straight.
    OK before I get too far into this let me know if this is what you're looking for. If I can find a picture of the victim I'm using that as the icon.

http://goo.gl/maps/nZdF

Mapping

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    OK before I get too far into this let me know if this is what you're looking for. If I can find a picture of the victim I'm using that as the icon.

Oh my goodness TexasLil - that is perfect and exactly what is needed!

Is there any info I can get for you to make it easier?

Oh my goodness TexasLil - that is perfect and exactly what is needed!

Is there any info I can get for you to make it easier?
    So far I've been able to find the case information from the links you provided. If I run across any I can't locate I'll give you a shout.

I think that means there have been a total of 112 victims of serial killers in Florida.
    Oh, Thank God cause I was scared to leave the house today. I am such a putz!

Texas this is awsome, thank you so much (((HUGS)))

OK I think I've got all the cases linked in this thread added to the map. Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anyone..

http://goo.gl/maps/vVvu

Texas this is awsome, thank you so much (((HUGS)))
    You're very welcome Bern. The funnest part about the Parker map was getting to use my glittering pot leaf on Sr's house.

Back on topic..

If anyone has the time to research where all the deceased were living I can add each of their homes to the map as well.

Charley Project

I went though the first 100 of the 770 listed missing. There are only 14 woman that may be a fit for a stranger abduction. The rest are men and children or woman that disappeared under different circumstances, like hubby did it. I will try to do 100 a day off the list.

I will just list the names, as they run in order of the list provided in the Charley Project site, under FL. This way we can include them or exclude them and we can just copy and past the info or link with the person picture.

http://www.charleyproject.org/geo/southern.html#florida

Patricia Elayne Action 1978
    Robyn Melanie Adler 1983
    Ellen Linda Akers 1981
    Teresa Alfonso and Cynthia Gooding 1974
    Carol Arcuri 1980
    Barbara Jean Barkley 1981
    Delia B. Baxter
    Yvonne Katharina Belcher 2000
    Simmoni Jamie Berry 2004
    Sandra J Binns 1991
    Mary Lou Bivins 2002
    Pamela Jean Bojanie
    Theresa Ann Bolden 2004
    Rhonda Ann Brown 2000

You're very welcome Bern. The funnest part about the Parker map was getting to use my glittering pot leaf on Sr's house.

Back on topic..

If anyone has the time to research where all the deceased were living I can add each of their homes to the map as well.
    This is so awesome! Thank you so much!! I'm wondering, can we make a separate map for the missing women?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast