903 users online (110 members and 793 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 111
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    This is so awesome! Thank you so much!! I'm wondering, can we make a separate map for the missing women?
    Scorpio can you click the link and see if these woman I have listed fit with what you are working on? Just print out the post and you will have the list; they are in order as the list goes down. I am pretty sure several of the woman will fit what this SK was looking at. But not sure about all of them.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    This is so awesome! Thank you so much!! I'm wondering, can we make a separate map for the missing women?
    Sure just let me know who to put on which map and provide and MSM links you can find any, preferrably with pictures but I can link to pictures on Namus also if they are there.

  3. #33

    Convicted Serial Killers associated with Florida

    I'm making a list of potential additional homicide victims - taking some time because I may have to contact reporters directly whose homicide articles had not yet identified the victim and I cannot find any follow up. As I stated earlier, I contacted one journalist in Delray Beach within the last couple weeks - the police so far won't give an ID or manner of death on that case.

    But while researching I came across this link that gives the names, years active, number of victims, etc. associated with Florida convicted serial killers- thought this may be helpful to possibly group victims later:


    http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/photos:-florida%27s-serial-killers
    Last edited by ScorpiosDaughter; 06-19-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Scorpio can you click the link and see if these woman I have listed fit with what you are working on? Just print out the post and you will have the list; they are in order as the list goes down. I am pretty sure several of the woman will fit what this SK was looking at. But not sure about all of them.
    I'll work on this as well - thank you!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    Sure just let me know who to put on which map and provide and MSM links you can find any, preferrably with pictures but I can link to pictures on Namus also if they are there.
    Hi TexasLil,

    Can you add the following to the unsolved homicides map:

    UNIDENTIFIED: Jul 15 2011, Melbourne, FL


    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Body-Found-Floating-Near-Yacht-Club/-/1637132/1931214/-/wmcuoq/-/index.html



    Deborah Coney, 50 - December 2008, Merritt Island, FL


    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/orlando-womans-body-found-on-merritt-island/nJjKK/



    Donna Julane Cooke, 23 - March 2005, THONOTOSASSA, FL

    http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/01/ne..._informa.shtml


    I think I still have some to add - would you prefer I list them a few at a time as I get the details together, or would one comprehensive list be better to work from?
    Last edited by ScorpiosDaughter; 06-19-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Edited list

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    I'm making a list of potential additional homicide victims - taking some time because I may have to contact reporters directly whose homicide articles had not yet identified the victim and I cannot find any follow up. As I stated earlier, I contacted one journalist in Delray Beach within the last couple weeks - the police so far won't give an ID or manner of death on that case.

    But while researching I came across this link that gives the names, years active, number of victims, etc. associated with Florida convicted serial killers- thought this may be helpful to possibly group victims later:


    http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/photos:-florida%27s-serial-killers
    Thank you for this link. I put all the info from each one of these SK in a word document. We can't put it here because it is copy writed but I have it now for a referrence of dates these guys were out and killing.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    While I think it's great that this thread was created, I think it will contribute to some wild speculation linking together murders in multiple cities. In any case, I have uncovered something today that is timely given your interest in taking another look at these cases.

    I am a Volusia resident and followed the Daytona serial killings. Today, they searched a back yard in Port Orange and found a body buried in the yard of a man who is in jail. He is awaiting trial because he kidnapped and raped a 9-year-old girl at a neighborhood party.

    Someone just posted info about him, and it appears that he once lived in Daytona Beach in close proximity to the locations where five different bodies were found. There is a thread on a missing Port Orange woman, Laurel Rogers. I'm going to review all of the Daytona killings to refresh my memory. Then I'm going to do some digging.

    There is a chance that this man, James Maxwell, is being investigated for all of these killings. It's definitely worth a look.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    OK I think I've got all the cases linked in this thread added to the map. Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anyone..

    http://goo.gl/maps/vVvu
    Did you put that together in a single day?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    That map is incredible. But it looks like someone had trouble finding the exact location of Julie Green's body. I read that it was found off LPGA Boulevard near Bayberry subdivision. I did my own map, and it's nowhere near as detailed and helpful. But, according to my little map, Julie Green was found west-south-west of where Iwana Patton was found. By the way, the mapmaker has Isana instead of Iwana. If you want, you can add 1225 Kennedy Road to your map. I still need to confirm it, but I believe that is a former location for James Maxwell.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    Well, it appears that James Maxwell is not the Daytona serial killer. He was incarcerated until March 2006 according to one website. I'm not comfortable relying on that source given that he lived so close to where all of the bodies were located. I hope there's a better source than the random mugshot site I found. If he was released three months earlier, it sure would make a lot of sense for the killings to start right then.


  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    While I think it's great that this thread was created, I think it will contribute to some wild speculation linking together murders in multiple cities. In any case, I have uncovered something today that is timely given your interest in taking another look at these cases.

    I am a Volusia resident and followed the Daytona serial killings. Today, they searched a back yard in Port Orange and found a body buried in the yard of a man who is in jail. He is awaiting trial because he kidnapped and raped a 9-year-old girl at a neighborhood party.

    Someone just posted info about him, and it appears that he once lived in Daytona Beach in close proximity to the locations where five different bodies were found. There is a thread on a missing Port Orange woman, Laurel Rogers. I'm going to review all of the Daytona killings to refresh my memory. Then I'm going to do some digging.

    There is a chance that this man, James Maxwell, is being investigated for all of these killings. It's definitely worth a look.
    I do understand the concern....and I thought about this sincerely.

    While I truly hope there is not more than one active serial killer in Florida, the fact remains that there is at least one serial killer that is still out there. There was a tremendous amount of coverage of the Daytona Beach serial killings, and since it's not uncommon for a serial killer to hunt, kill and dump bodies elsewhere to avoid detection, I started tracking these homicides within the victimology presented in the Daytona Beach case. What I kept finding was somewhat astounding. A report or two about these individuals and then nothing. Local LE departments are finding some of these women, confirming they were murdered and then that's it in the media.

    I have traveled Florida and know how it is set up - you can move into another county quickly and without detection - so my theory, that I'm hoping is sincerely wrong, is that perhaps, and I say perhaps with emphasis, the DBSK started killing and dumping in close proximity - you know, one kill in this county, another kill in another....the drive to kill doesn't go away - so, this is how and why I started tracking these victims of homicide.

    Is it possible none of these deaths are related? Absolutely. Due to that very real possibility, and since I've been researching this for several years, I admit I may have tunnel vision - so any feedback is welcome.

    Thanks also for the information on the body found today - I'll look into it and the person in jail you referenced.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    According to this link, James Maxwell may have had work release since it was near the end of his sentence. But he wouldn't have been living near the dump sites. So it makes it fairly improbable that he was involved in any of those incidents.

    http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/wr.html

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    Did you put that together in a single day?
    It took me a few hours. I learned from the Bond crew during Caylee's case where we mapped all the cell phone pings for every single day of phone records. I'm going back to correct the items you mentioned above. I moved Julie's location and corrected Iwana's spelling. Thanks for pointing these out. Do you think I have July in the right spot now? I seem to remember one of the articles referenced "near a hunting club" but I googled and couldn't find reference to one.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    That map is incredible. But it looks like someone had trouble finding the exact location of Julie Green's body. I read that it was found off LPGA Boulevard near Bayberry subdivision. I did my own map, and it's nowhere near as detailed and helpful. But, according to my little map, Julie Green was found west-south-west of where Iwana Patton was found. By the way, the mapmaker has Isana instead of Iwana. If you want, you can add 1225 Kennedy Road to your map. I still need to confirm it, but I believe that is a former location for James Maxwell.
    OK I added both the Kennedy Road address as well as the Brandy Hills Drive location listed in articles about the body find and rape. It would be nice to know his exact release date as these are both in very close proximity to several of the girls' locations.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    According to this link, James Maxwell may have had work release since it was near the end of his sentence. But he wouldn't have been living near the dump sites. So it makes it fairly improbable that he was involved in any of those incidents.

    http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/wr.html
    Some comments here state he only served 1 1/2 years of a nine year sentence. Comments and rumor of course...

    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Off...01520106192012

    This is about his current girlfriend... links to prostitution.

    Leslie Bertram said her daughter -- who has been arrested at least 10 times since 1995 according to court records and has a 3-month-old child with Maxwell -- told her that the only thing she had left was her freedom and "I'm not going to lose my freedom over him."

    When the incident occurred, Joanna Bertram had already been living with Maxwell since the summer of 2011, her mother said. Joanna Bertram -- a convicted prostitute -- and Maxwell met online.
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...ange-home.html

    A convicted felon, Maxwell previously served nine years in prison for an attempted murder in 1988. He served another two-year stint starting in 1994 for burglary.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...cmpid=breaking

    So it appears he was out in 1994 and went back to prison until 1996?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast