1229 users online (190 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Very interesting article. Glad to see this come about. I think the more eyes that look at these cases the better.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    Here is our missing map.

http://goo.gl/maps/Krol

Texas Lil updated this map, and it is interesting to look at it with all the information about the recent missing woman.

Huge Thank you to you Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Texas Lil updated this map, and it is interesting to look at it with all the information about the recent missing woman.

Huge Thank you to you Texas!
    That is interesting....will be reviewing your lists today - I promise I'll get it done today.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    That is interesting....will be reviewing your lists today - I promise I'll get it done today.
    Don't fret over it, take your time. I still have 470 more to go through, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    5:43 p.m. EST, June 22, 2012|

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

Detectives from a dozen police departments in Orange and Osceola counties will join in a task force to investigate homicide cases....

"The murderers who think they've gotten away with it should be relatively frightened," said Orange-Osceola State Attorney Lawson Lamar, who helped organize the task force with the goal of bringing together less-experienced officers with seasoned detectives to investigate homicides.

Investigators from the Apopka, Belle Isle, Edgewood, Kissimmee, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, St. Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park police departments will be members of the task force. The State Attorney's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are also participating.

More at link:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-22/news/os-homicide-task-force-orange-osceola-20120622_1_task-force-homicide-unit-homicide-cases
    That is a great idea, I wish more jurisdictions in other states would consider collaborating their efforts like this to solve crime.

I honestly believe there is a serial killer living in the vicinity of my neighborhood. I live in Jacksonville Florida. They have stumbled across the remains of three missing people that I know of in the past 16 years. Tina McQuaig's car was found in a WalMart parking lot in 2000 and in 2003 her body was found less than 3 miles from my home in a wooded area. I'll try & find the other names & dates of the remains that have been found.
    "No job too large; I'll get to the bottom of it!"
    -It's wawa...CHEE-wawa

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Next list of missing women in Fl
    Stephanie L Edwards 2010- age 50
    Jayme Lynn Engstrom 1994- age 22
    Note investigators believe she was a victim of a Serial Killer.
    Jeannie Carfi Arnold Erwin 2006 – age 33
    Nancy Estremera 1999 age 30
    Arlene Grace Ferretti 1987 age 40
    Jennifer Lucille Fellion 2001 age 58
    Christine Muriel Flagive 1995 age 42
    Robin Darlene Flynn 1998 age 33
    Stefanie Adee Francque 2003 age 24
    Anayeli Garciamilian 2008 “Orlando” age 19
    Gloria Faye Gerber 1989 age 51
    Lisa Annetle Giles 2006 age 48
    Note; she is believed to be a victim of
    Christopher Wilder SK in the 80’s
    Michelle Louise Harley 1989 age 22

http://www.charleyproject.org/geo/southern.html#florida

Thanks Bern

Here they are rearranged by year.

Next list of missing women in Fl

1980s:
    Arlene Grace Ferretti 1987 age 40
    Michelle Louise Harley 1989 age 22
    Gloria Faye Gerber 1989 age 51

1990s:
    Jayme Lynn Engstrom 1994- age 22 ( LE believe she was a victim of a SK)
    Christine Muriel Flagive 1995 age 42
    Robin Darlene Flynn 1998 age 33
    Nancy Estremera 1999 age 30

2000's:
    Jennifer Lucille Fellion 2001 age 58
    Stefanie Adee Francque 2003 age 24
    Jeannie Carfi Arnold Erwin 2006 – age 33
    Lisa Annetle Giles 2006 age 48 (LE believe she was a victim of Christopher Wilder SK 1980’s)
    Anayeli Garciamilian 2008 “Orlando” age 19
    Stephanie L Edwards 2010- age 50
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

2 more Young Women that may be part of your investigation?

I stumbled onto this thread and forum by accident last night, and found this thread very interesting. I live maybe an hour inland from Daytona Beach and have wondered if there wasn't a killer on the loose, before the media actually voiced it out loud.

After reading this thread, One case came to mind where they are still looking for the young woman. While this woman isn't missing directly in the area of the map you have set up, I can tell you, she fits the profile of some of the victims, (Lacey Buenfil has been described a meth user and drifter) j
    I live so close to Daytona, so I knew quickly, this is within a 50 to 70 mile radius of some of the targets on your map. I can also tell you that it is a hop skip and jump for a trucker (or anyone else) to stay off the interstate and use some of the routes that come down through the Ocala National Forest, in some of the locations the authorities have been searching. 100's of truckers use those routes every day. A link to her story can be found here http://www.dailycommercial.com/012012lacey

While waiting for approval to post, this post came to my facebook wall, The location where this young lady was found, a live and badly injured, is in the Northern Part of FL, but when googling the location, I see it is not that far from I75 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Anyway, I just wanted to toss these 2 out there for you to see if you think one or both may be connected to the search you are working on.

Thank you,
    Becky

I think you'll find this link interesting!

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...-killings.html

Not only are investigators looking at the possibility that Maxwell could be behind the murders of Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green, Iwana Patton and Stacey Gage, they'll also take another swipe at the unsolved cases of women who were killed or went missing in the city in the past two decades, Chitwood said.

Some might recall that I speculated about James Lee Maxwell as the possible Daytona Beach serial killer. Maxwell was just indicted on charges of murdering two other prostitutes. The problem with him as the serial killer was that online records show that he was incarcerated at the time that some of the women were killed. It also was reported that DNA found did not match his DNA. If I recall correctly, DNA was found on two of the women.

I found a site where there was information about Florida prisoners receiving furlough time toward the end of their sentences. And I thought that maybe it gave him the opportunity to commit the crimes. Of course, I didn't consider it further than that. But it looks like there might be something to it. Otherwise, they would not have considered him the possible serial killer.

The DNA issue is a difficult one to overcome. I don't buy the two killers theory. Can you think of any reason that he would have targeted women who just had sex with another individual?

Quote Originally Posted by Becky P. View Post
    I stumbled onto this thread and forum by accident last night, and found this thread very interesting. I live maybe an hour inland from Daytona Beach and have wondered if there wasn't a killer on the loose, before the media actually voiced it out loud.

After reading this thread, One case came to mind where they are still looking for the young woman. While this woman isn't missing directly in the area of the map you have set up, I can tell you, she fits the profile of some of the victims, (Lacey Buenfil has been described a meth user and drifter) j
    I live so close to Daytona, so I knew quickly, this is within a 50 to 70 mile radius of some of the targets on your map. I can also tell you that it is a hop skip and jump for a trucker (or anyone else) to stay off the interstate and use some of the routes that come down through the Ocala National Forest, in some of the locations the authorities have been searching. 100's of truckers use those routes every day. A link to her story can be found here http://www.dailycommercial.com/012012lacey

While waiting for approval to post, this post came to my facebook wall, The location where this young lady was found, a live and badly injured, is in the Northern Part of FL, but when googling the location, I see it is not that far from I75 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Anyway, I just wanted to toss these 2 out there for you to see if you think one or both may be connected to the search you are working on.

Thank you,
    Becky

The woman in Suwanee Co has been identified and a man she knows is under arrest.

http://www.wtxl.com/mostpopular/stor...7U7JTqVvw.cspx

Lacey Buenfil has a thread here that I just found so going to read about her. Thanks!
    FL FL - Lacey Buenfil, 25, Ocala National Forest, 27 Dec 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by bessie; 05-05-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: repaired link

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissiepoo View Post
    For anyone who does not know who Gerald Stano was, there is a thread in the 'Serial Killers' section about him. My mother knew him personally and has long believed/suspected that a close friend (his name is unknown so far; My mother cannot remember his name and did not know him well) of his was an accomplice in some of the murders Stano was charged with. "Gerald" or whom ever was known to target prostitutes, hitchhikers, runaways and younger women. Today his accomplice would be a white male roughly around 60 -61 years of age and quite possibly living in the same area, specifically around Daytona Beach. I think it is worth the effort for law enforcement to attempt to identify this friend (or re-investigate his current situation, if they know who he is) of Stano's. Perhaps they will find some answers in doing so.

There is a lot of controversy in this case. I am reading the book about him right now. I live in the area also. I think your mom may be onto something.

Unhappy does this thread continue

I was looking over this thread and seen some great compilations of information here and saw that after page three it just ends. I am new to forums and not sure how to navigate them, but was wondering if this specific thread had a continuation somewhere so I could read more. I noticed it ended in 2012 and we are now in 2014 so I would like to know more. thank you

Unidentified womans body Orange County 12/29/2003

Hi, please excuse my ignorance on this thread, I just happened to be reading about Fl. serial killers and came across it, very interesting! I remembered an unsolved murder close to me and wondered if it was pertinent, here is the link:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t1740.htm

In any case, this is a very interesting site with loads of great links and info and I'm sure I'll be back.

Bumping for interest

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast