Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1321
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    I'm still thinking the bicycle could have been found by a local after the abudction of Mickey. That local could then have ditched the bike at Whiskey Bay after learning about MS.
    What would they have done with a busted bike, since apparently the rear was damaged? Even if they had only found it, why dump it after learning about MS? Why not come forward? That just throws another wrench in the case if that is what happened; throwing the police off. Not to mention, potential evidence that disappeared because someone didn't come forward. JMO, of course.

    Personally, I think the perp took the bike with them and dumped it. There were apparently tire tracks around the area, though I'm curious to know if they were good enough to get a lock on the type of vehicle was in that area.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RWRNHZ40 For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Posts
    4,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivorywolf View Post
    Derrick Todd Lee and his conviction were national news, and the locations his victims were found in were broadcast nationally. There are books about him and even a spread on him at TruTV that mentions Whiskey Bay.

    It's not like it's a terribly hidden secret or hard to find. It's a public boat launch off of a Major Interstate.
    But really, how many people would have used the exit & gone through what chicken showed was involved in dumping it there? I know nothing of SK & their motivation, patterns, do they act within a 'comfort zone'?


  4. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    105
    Anyone know how extensively Baton Rouge was/is being searched? I live in BR and drive to Lafayette every weekend, and think to myself that the perp could've been traveling East, dumped the bicycle and headed to BR. I haven't seen much here as far as investigating goes, but then again there is a murder everyday here..


  5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lcbrn For This Useful Post:


  6. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsayw View Post
    Google map it. From Brettly's to Taco Bell on Johnston (campus) is 1.1 miles/4 minutes, and Taco Bell on Congress is 1.7 miles/6 minutes. Not much of a difference.
    I know, just wondering. As a student, your whole life revolves around Campus. Seems as If you would head there naturally.

    I guess they wanted to avoid the after bar crowd. When I was in my twenties, I remember that location being open at 2am and you did NOT have to use drive thru, you could go inside. Did this change? I am referring to the location on Campus.

    LA


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


  8. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Donamena View Post
    But really, how many people would have used the exit & gone through what chicken showed was involved in dumping it there? I know nothing of SK & their motivation, patterns, do they act within a 'comfort zone'?

    Of course, everyone does. I would think SK's are more methodical than most.

    LA


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


  10. #36
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by RWRNHZ40 View Post
    What would they have done with a busted bike, since apparently the rear was damaged? Even if they had only found it, why dump it after learning about MS? Why not come forward? That just throws another wrench in the case if that is what happened; throwing the police off. Not to mention, potential evidence that disappeared because someone didn't come forward. JMO, of course.

    Personally, I think the perp took the bike with them and dumped it. There were apparently tire tracks around the area, though I'm curious to know if they were good enough to get a lock on the type of vehicle was in that area.
    OY, I think if someone from that area found Mickey's bike and thought I'd looked good, and then found out later it was part of an investigation they would come forward. If they were afraid to come forward b/c of fear of LE they would have just thrown it somewhere local. I do not believe they would have wasted the expensive gas to go all the way to WB.

    LA


  11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Lcbrn View Post
    Anyone know how extensively Baton Rouge was/is being searched? I live in BR and drive to Lafayette every weekend, and think to myself that the perp could've been traveling East, dumped the bicycle and headed to BR. I haven't seen much here as far as investigating goes, but then again there is a murder everyday here..
    Now that I think about it, BR would be a perfect opportunity for someone like a perp to be overlooked by LE. Again, we have shootings every night. The police are so overwhelmed with crime here, one could easily fly under the radar. It would also allow the perp to be close to the investigation efforts and allow them to keep an eye on things...just thinking t those that like to insert themselves in their own crime scene type-thing if any of that makes sense! (sorry, driving to work typing this on my iPhone!)


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lcbrn For This Useful Post:


  14. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,038
    Well, until any of the petite blonde young women on the list are found, I guess no one can begin to make a presumption that any of them are dead.


  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:


  16. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Posts
    4,267
    Quote Originally Posted by RWRNHZ40 View Post
    What would they have done with a busted bike, since apparently the rear was damaged? Even if they had only found it, why dump it after learning about MS? Why not come forward? That just throws another wrench in the case if that is what happened; throwing the police off. Not to mention, potential evidence that disappeared because someone didn't come forward. JMO, of course.

    Personally, I think the perp took the bike with them and dumped it. There were apparently tire tracks around the area, though I'm curious to know if they were good enough to get a lock on the type of vehicle was in that area.
    I disagree. There are, as has been said before, many, many other places to dispose of anything in an area filled with bayous, coulées, etc. WB has a special significance for louisianians.. I just don't see anyone picking it at random, JMO


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donamena For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    JMHO, a bicycle thief would have stripped the bike and only discarded the frame.

    The frame is the most crucial part. A bike is not a car. The tires, chain, seat, etc are very inexpensive for most riders. A frame can be sold on Craigslist, or ebay and anyone with a bit of smarts can buy a frame, repaint it , add new accessories etc and have a good bike.

    So if someone picked it up, they could have profited from it.

    LA


  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


  20. #41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Donamena View Post
    I disagree. There are, as has been said before, many, many other places to dispose of anything in an area filled with bayous, coulées, etc. WB has a special significance for louisianians.. I just don't see anyone picking it at random, JMO
    It was not a random choice. I truly believe this was very calculated.

    LA


  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


  22. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivorywolf View Post
    Derrick Todd Lee and his conviction were national news, and the locations his victims were found in were broadcast nationally. There are books about him and even a spread on him at TruTV that mentions Whiskey Bay.

    It's not like it's a terribly hidden secret or hard to find. It's a public boat launch off of a Major Interstate.
    For what it's worth, I live in NJ and and am originally from FL and have never heard of Whiskey Bay until now.


  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Donamena View Post
    I disagree. There are, as has been said before, many, many other places to dispose of anything in an area filled with bayous, coulées, etc. WB has a special significance for louisianians.. I just don't see anyone picking it at random, JMO
    My post was in response to a post that the bike may have been found by a local and them dumped at WB after finding out about the investigation. I disagreed; I think it was taken by the perp and dumped at WB for whatever reason the perp might have had. Yes, I think it was a local that committed the crime, or at least someone familiar with the Lafayette area and knew about WB and its past history.


  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RWRNHZ40 For This Useful Post:


  26. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    JMHO, a bicycle thief would have stripped the bike and only discarded the frame.
    I didn't have a professional "bicycle thief" in mind. Was just thinking about a local who found the bicycle and took it home, perhaps to give to a young person. If there are problems with the Lafayette PD, they might not have wanted to report it, and instead just dumped it at WB.

    JMO


  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DFW via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by RWRNHZ40 View Post
    My post was in response to a post that the bike may have been found by a local and them dumped at WB after finding out about the investigation. I disagreed; I think it was taken by the perp and dumped at WB for whatever reason the perp might have had. Yes, I think it was a local that committed the crime, or at least someone familiar with the Lafayette area and knew about WB and its past history.

    Or a trucker, or someone who travels for work,or former resident. . I am no longer so sure about a local. I would think as talkative as Lafayette is, someone would have spilled the beans by now.

    LA


  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Labikegirl For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 871
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 11:42 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1023
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 843
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 01:10 PM
  5. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1
    By queenofcorona in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •