GUILTY IN - Dawn Stuard, 13, raped & murdered, Indianapolis, 16 March 1986

ckwood32

Reaction score
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.d...uckpersona&U=a51cbe9089324b18b997bef7ed36ec5f
reese.jpg

reese2.jpg

9/22/2008 9:33:18 AM
one of the posters put up their mug shots. Nice looking family.:)

Reading this thread and seeing those pics, I started hearing banjo music.

Ok, the Star brings up the negative stereotypes the family endured, and its supposed effect on crime. And to some extent I do believe that. But once they become adults, once they have served time and prison and continue the behavior- what do you do with them? One kid did get his GED in prison. They were supposedly hard workers. And unlike other social complaints, their complaint is not that they came from a broken home. Also it is alleged that their mother did set a work example for them. So they may have had it hard, but it sounds like they did get some opportunities. Yet drugs and crime became their life (like many others who had more opportunities and still others who had fewer opportunities.) The articles blame it on inner city- lol I live in the country and see the same things, it has nothing to do with the inner city.

When I was younger, I was more of a bleeding heart. But lately, I am more like.... they are adults, they were supposed to be grown up, they had opportunities to learn what they were doing wrong- they chose not to.

*bump*
25 years later, and Paul Reese has been charged with Dawn Stuard's murder. Sadly Dawn's cousin who had been updating her cancer blog in the first post has not updated since 2009. I hope she is OK.

http://www.fox59.com/news/crime/wxi...-25yearold-cold-case-20110217,0,7964700.story

Indianapolis —
Investigators say a DNA match has led them to the suspected killer of a 13-year-old girl who was killed on the east side of Indianapolis in 1986.

Paul Reese, Sr., currently serving a prison sentence for his role in killings committed by his son in the days before a metro police officer was shot in 2008, has been charged in the strangulation murder of Dawn Stuard, according to Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry

Maybe Dawn can get some justice finally after all this time. If he is convicted I hope the sentence is to be served consecutive with the one he is already serving.

Reading this thread and seeing those pics, I started hearing banjo music.

Ok, the Star brings up the negative stereotypes the family endured, and its supposed effect on crime. And to some extent I do believe that. But once they become adults, once they have served time and prison and continue the behavior- what do you do with them? One kid did get his GED in prison. They were supposedly hard workers. And unlike other social complaints, their complaint is not that they came from a broken home. Also it is alleged that their mother did set a work example for them. So they may have had it hard, but it sounds like they did get some opportunities. Yet drugs and crime became their life (like many others who had more opportunities and still others who had fewer opportunities.) The articles blame it on inner city- lol I live in the country and see the same things, it has nothing to do with the inner city.

When I was younger, I was more of a bleeding heart. But lately, I am more like.... they are adults, they were supposed to be grown up, they had opportunities to learn what they were doing wrong- they chose not to.

A more scientific approach might be "gee, jail doesn't work that well, it breaks up families, causes shame and guilt, prevents them from getting jobs that require background checks so all they are good for is crime."

That would be a more scientific, less emotional analysis.

From July 2014:

http://fox59.com/2014/07/18/murderous-east-side-crime-family-portrayed-in-new-book/

“Everybody in the police department knows about the Reese family,” said retired IMPD Homicide Capt. Robert Snow. “They’re one of the families that are always in trouble and their name comes up a lot whenever there’s trouble.” There was trouble in mid-March, 1986, when neighborhood girl Dawn Marie Stuard disappeared. “She was last seen playing pool with Paul Reese, Sr., in the basement of his house,” said Snow...

Sgt. West, by now retired from IMPD and working for the Marion County Prosecutors Office, resubmitted what was left of a blood sample recovered from the Reese house for DNA testing and struck investigative gold...

Paul Reese, Jr., and Barbara Reese were never convicted for their roles in the killing. At the time of his murder trial, Reese, Sr., was serving a 20-year sentence for helping his son in the burglary/murder of Clifford Haddix about a week before Officer Fishburn was shot. Father and son are now serving essentially life terms in prison for the terror they spread throughout the eastside of Indianapolis for more than 20 years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back